Boulion

sarahb2

Hi,
How come we can have this?? Looked at the ingredients online (marrigold) and it has 1.5g of carbs per tsp. I've also looked at the drinks sticky but can we have a oxo cube ???

Yes, we can have the marrigold bouillon. :)
It's better to have the reduced salt one.
I use the original one, because couldn’t find the other one. I don't drink it regularly, only when the weather is bad and I'm cold. It's lovely to warm up yourself with something yummy and hot. I also add black pepper to it and I try to have just a half level tsp per a cup, to reduce carbs. Sometimes, I have 2 cups during the day. So, even if I add up 3g of carbs (two level tsp) it doesn't affect my loss and I stay in Ketosis.
Feel free to have hot yummy bouillon if you are freezing. :)
And good luck with Exante!!!

PS: Have no idea about oxo cubes, never tried them.

xxx
Biggie

I was reading about the knorr touch of taste concentrated chicken bouillon over on the Atkins forum. It lower carbs than marigold. Has anyone tried this or know any reason why it's not ok? The nutritional value of 100ml prepared bouillon is:-

Energy 4cals
Protein 0.2g
Carbs 0.4g
of which are sugars 0.3g
Fat 0.2g
of which are sats Trace
Sodium 0.3g
Salt 0.72g

They also do it in Beef, Vegetable and Fish, I would imagine the nutrional value is similar but I haven't checked it out.

Leese

well, it looks good to me, less salt, less sugar, less carbs, less calories, I'd try this one, yes

leesecandoit said:
I was reading about the knorr touch of taste concentrated chicken bouillon over on the Atkins forum. It lower carbs than marigold. Has anyone tried this or know any reason why it's not ok? The nutritional value of 100ml prepared bouillon is:-

Energy 4cals
Protein 0.2g
Carbs 0.4g
of which are sugars 0.3g
Fat 0.2g
of which are sats Trace
Sodium 0.3g
Salt 0.72g

They also do it in Beef, Vegetable and Fish, I would imagine the nutrional value is similar but I haven't checked it out.

Leese

I did look at it because I have it, think it has some lemon/citric acid product in it sadly, I know I decided it was a no :( such a shame

I buy the Vegan organic marigold.

Cal. 10
Protein. 0.9
Carb. 0.9
Of which sugar. 0.3
Fat. 0.3
Of which saturates. 0.2
Dietry fibre. 0.04
Sodium. 1.0

I did look at it because I have it, think it has some lemon/citric acid product in it sadly, I know I decided it was a no :( such a shame

Thanks for the info.

Leese

aye its not all to do with carbs

I assumed that because it was on the Atkins forum as something that they can have they'd checked the ingredients.

Leese

What does this taste like?

Back