Bowel movements and weight loss?

hannata

I can haz cake?
I'm having real difficulty going to the toilet... Havent been in a total of 5 days (coming from someone who used to go AT LEAST 5 times per day!)

I weighed myself this morning and I've still only lost 1.5lbs so far this week (the 1.5 was off by sunday, and the scales have not shifted since)... my official weigh in is tomorrow and I swear if I don't suddenly drop a huge weight I will crrrrrrry. :(

Any advice on some keto safe/not dangerous laxative or something I can take to aid this problem? I'm on psyllium husks already x

Ducolax pearls work brilliantly for me :)

My doctor prescribed Movicol for me coz I get terrible constipation on TFR diets. Don't know if you can buy it over the counter or not?! It's great stuff.
Before I got that I took ducolax pearls stay close to a loo after taking them tho ;) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My son has movicol and when I was on LL I had the odd packet, amazing natural and gentle tuff that works! I found husks and even senecot didn't help me, as above though I'm not sure if you can buy it.

My daughter is on movicol! I used a bit but it didn't help possible the dose. I'm using senecot and in two days nothing! Movicol works for my little one but has given her cramps in her stomach so I only give her before bed coz it doesn't bother her then, when I've taken it I got cramps too and it was hard to drink xx

movicol is fabulous and available over the counter , If you are really bunged up , which it sounds like you are , you can take 3-4 sachets to clear you out and then I would take 1-2 every other day or so . Physillium husks are good for some people but they never worked for me , and if you are a bit bunged up it can make it 10 times worse . You need to stop taking them till you have 'cleared out ' ( sorry if TMI but I am a nurse so have no shame !!! )

I agree, if you're already backed up, which it sounds like you are, you need to get rid of that, instead of adding more bulk to it. If you're still having problems, I'd visit your nurse practitioner :)

I'm having this problem too. On my fifth week and havnt been to the loo 'voluntarily' since. Using ducolax once a week for an on time emptying for WI.

Prob is, I'm worried that I'm going to do my insides damage by keeping using them.

Start 14'7. WI1, -11. WI2, -4. WI3, -2. WI4, -1.5

I use manevac. I dont suffer from ibs but i wanted something mild and not aggresive. The chemist said its recommended for ibs sufferers becuase its exactly that. U can buy it from the pharmacy in boots its about 12 pounds but its a massive tub which lasts ages.
Its granules not tablets and works!

X

Stephie77 xxx

I'm having this problem too. On my fifth week and havnt been to the loo 'voluntarily' since. Using ducolax once a week for an on time emptying for WI.

Prob is, I'm worried that I'm going to do my insides damage by keeping using them.

dulcolax is a very harsh laxative , it gives me horrendous cramps and the way it works could make you bowel sluggish in the future . Thats why I use movicol it is an osmotic laxative , which just means it draws water into the bowel and softens everything , making it much more gentle but also very effective

Sadly every time i try drink movicol i gag, yesterday i did actually bring it up, not great :) Might try some of the other suggestions here.

MartyG said:
Sadly every time i try drink movicol i gag, yesterday i did actually bring it up, not great :) Might try some of the other suggestions here.

I agree with that although not as noticable if you mix in your shake or have the water flavours in with it. Xx

MartyG said:

I agree, but add it to fizzy water with some flavouring and you can't taste it!

Okay I'll give movicol a try, anyone know a rough price of it from boots?

I'm wondering if it will be strong enough though cos I need 2 ducolax tablets to go, one ain't enough lol!

Okay I'll give movicol a try, anyone know a rough price of it from boots?

I'm wondering if it will be strong enough though cos I need 2 ducolax tablets to go, one ain't enough lol!

I think its about £12 ish for a big box , could be wrong though .. I am sure it will be strong enough , it is what is used to clear severe impaction when taken in high doses and then is a gentle laxative when used in lower doses . It about getting the right balance .
Fibre clear is also really good but you really need to clear the back log first or it will just make the problem worse

Benefibre,
I swear by it, I take a teaspoon full in each of my shakes, and have a very natural move during the evening every evening.
REALLY recommend it, Plus I also take 2 Phylisus husk capsulas and hour before each shake..
Its the extra fibre from both of these that keeps me regular during TFR.

I get my benefibre from boots E7.00 and lasts me 2 weeks:D

Hi all what do i do im still doing number two's but struggling and only small amounts.. do i take movicol?? or senna??

but wouldnt say im consitpated just yet:confused:

kelly

Back