Total Solution Weight loss Diary

Moonebeam

So I have decided to create this thread to motivate me to stay on plan and discuss my journey. I have never been a skinny girl and have finally made my mind up and decided to change something about myself. I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose (10kg) but its still a struggle! I weighed in at 83kg on Tuesday morning (didn't start Monday as I still had food in the fridge and I HATE waste) and will have my first weigh in on Tuesday next week. Fingers crossed that I get some good results! I do walk to and from work, about 8,000 steps so I'm hoping that mixed with the VLCD will get these pounds shifted! Looking forward to making some slimming buddies so don't be shy and lets start chatting :)

Day 4
It's Friday!! I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning... But I managed :)
I'm pretty sure I'm in Ketosis now, a bit gross but I can smell it off me :D I also have that metallic taste in my mouth that I've read you get. I didn't bother with getting ketostix as I thought they were a waste of money. If I stick to my diet I should stay in ketosis, right? So I had the Pina Colada shake for breakfast. Initially I though, hmmmm doesn't smell too great, but once i chucked it in the blender with ice and water and had a sip, it was actually ok.
I've been chatting to @TheHound who has informed me of the carb content of the exante products, and what keto foods I can have to stay in ketosis and still be on the diet. I think this is great! Will look into this more over the weekend. After my week 1 weigh in results, I might start introducing one "real" meal a day.
I'm glad I found this forum, writing about my journey keeps me motivated! Hopefully I will keep it up!

Weekends are tough!! I miss my weekday routine where work keeps me distracted from wanting food. It's not really hunger at this stage but cravings. I love my savoury foods and miss a hot dinner. Hopefully come Monday, being back at work will get me focused again.
I took a sneaky peak on the weighing scales this morning... I'm down 6 lbs!! I know this is mostly water weight and first week results, but I'm still chuffed. It does work! Just to stay determined and focused...
I have a school reunion coming up on the 2nd of September and my goal is to be at 12st by then. That would be the lightest I have been since I was 16!
I used to play lots of sports which kept me trim. I could eat and eat all day and not put on anything. Then I gave up my sports to focus on my studies, unfortunately I didn't give up my eating habits so on piled the pounds. I was never majorly obese but there was plenty to hold onto!
Then, after school, I went to live with my brother in NZ. The food in NZ is SOOO fatty so I put on heaps of weight. I came home and my parents were shocked. Of course you don't really notice the weight gain yourself at first and I think I had a bit of body dysmorphia not realising how big I had actually gotten. Or maybe I was just in denial.
Once I got to college I gained even more weight. At my heaviest I was 15st. Very unhealthy. Couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without gasping for air. Smoking didn't help of course. So I decided to do something then. I changed my eating habits and went for more walks. I lost a stone and was delighted. I kept that weight off but never lost more. Last year my boyfriend and I decided to go backpacking through Japan. In that year I lost a further stone bringing me to 13. Now I feel I'm really close to my ideal weight so I thought I'd give myself a kick start and jump on a VLCD. Once I loose the next stone I will slowly transition to a ketogenic diet - low carbs high protein and fat - and hopefully maintain my weight loss.
Its a marathon not a sprint so I'm in it for the long haul. Would be great to get chatting to some of you, exchange experiences, ups and downs, and everything that goes with being on a diet. Hope to hear from you soon!

It's Monday.... Urgh who likes them?! Hoping that being back at work gets me back into the routine of my three TFR products a day without getting bored inbetween. It seems I snack mostly when I'm bored. And for me a snack could be a sandwich, a bag of crisps, crackers and cheese or buttered toast. I do enjoy a biscuit (or 4) with a cup of tea but I wouldn't say I'm a sweet tooth. I could easily like without it and see them as treats ie I eat them in moderation. My downfall in savoury food. Pizza, naan bread, cheese, meat..... you get the picture. My official week 1 weigh in is tomorrow so I'm determined to have a good result. Well onwards and upwards everyone, lets smash this week!

Hi Moonebeam

I'm the same as you - I like the savoury snacks.....!

I'm on Exante from today! Fingers crossed for a good weigh in next Monday. Hope your weigh in tomorrow goes well, you seem to be doing great so far!

Laura :)

Hi Moonebeam

I'm the same as you - I like the savoury snacks.....!

I'm on Exante from today! Fingers crossed for a good weigh in next Monday. Hope your weigh in tomorrow goes well, you seem to be doing great so far!

Hey Laura! Great to meet you. Welcome to the Exante diet :)

Are you on the total solution? I'm sure you'll do great!! My tips after nearly one week down are drink plenty of water, especially the first few days when the belly still grumbles. By plenty of water I mean have a bottle with you at all times and keep sipping even when you don't feel thirsty. I'm now bffs with my water cooler at work :D If you are having bars, cut them in half, have some now then some later when you feel hungry again. Same with shakes, i feel they can be a bit much all at once. In the mornings I drink a full one but in the evenings I'll try and space it out. And remember its all just mind over matter. We can do this!!

Look forward on seeing your progress!!

Hey Laura! Great to meet you. Welcome to the Exante diet :)

Are you on the total solution? I'm sure you'll do great!! My tips after nearly one week down are drink plenty of water, especially the first few days when the belly still grumbles. By plenty of water I mean have a bottle with you at all times and keep sipping even when you don't feel thirsty. I'm now bffs with my water cooler at work :D If you are having bars, cut them in half, have some now then some later when you feel hungry again. Same with shakes, i feel they can be a bit much all at once. In the mornings I drink a full one but in the evenings I'll try and space it out. And remember its all just mind over matter. We can do this!!

Look forward on seeing your progress!!

Hi!

Thanks for the tips! I had success with Exante about 5 years ago, and if i remember correctly that hard part was just getting into it. I think after a couple of weeks it became easier. Lets see. Hopefully we can all mutually motivate each other!

Here's to week 1... bring on the Ketosis!!! :))

Laura

Hi!

Thanks for the tips! I had success with Exante about 5 years ago, and if i remember correctly that hard part was just getting into it. I think after a couple of weeks it became easier. Lets see. Hopefully we can all mutually motivate each other!

Here's to week 1... bring on the Ketosis!!! :))

Laura

Aw brilliant!! Having done it before must be great for motivation. I see we've about the same to loose so would be great to keep up with and motivate each other!

All the best with it and look forward to seeing how you get on!

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow Moonebeam, I'm back after a few days of self doubt, but I'm glad I caught it in time. This board is great when there are loads of people, but it's been quite a quiet summer. And welcome too!

Good luck on your weigh-in tomorrow Moonebeam, I'm back after a few days of self doubt, but I'm glad I caught it in time. This board is great when there are loads of people, but it's been quite a quiet summer. And welcome too!

Hi @enlightenme2 thanks for the well wishes! I am happy to say I've lost just over 8 lbs in my first week! I'm super happy with that. I know its mostly water weight but having such a great result in week 1 is so motivating.

I'm sure people are busy with holidays and having the kids at home so don't have time to be chatting here. I'm sure once the school is back on and everything goes back to normality, people here will become more active again :)

For now you can chat to me :) How is your journey going? Great to hear you're back on track. That's the most important thing that you got back on track. Onwards and upwards!!

Hi @enlightenme2 thanks for the well wishes! I am happy to say I've lost just over 8 lbs in my first week! I'm super happy with that. I know its mostly water weight but having such a great result in week 1 is so motivating.

I'm sure people are busy with holidays and having the kids at home so don't have time to be chatting here. I'm sure once the school is back on and everything goes back to normality, people here will become more active again :)

For now you can chat to me :) How is your journey going? Great to hear you're back on track. That's the most important thing that you got back on track. Onwards and upwards!!

Good Morning!

8llbs is amazing - hopefully i will have a similar result to you at weigh in next Monday! Well done.

Have a great day.

How are you doing today? The best is when you've had a great loss and you can ride that wave until the next weigh in!!
I'm doing good. Day 2 and no hunger in sight, no cravings and no headache. I need to drink my water though otherwise I may not get a good weigh in!!

Good Morning!

8llbs is amazing - hopefully i will have a similar result to you at weigh in next Monday! Well done.

Have a great day.

Hey Laura, Thanks a bunch! Yes I'm delighted with it. I'm sure you'll smash it at your weigh in next week too. All the best x

How are you doing today? The best is when you've had a great loss and you can ride that wave until the next weigh in!!
I'm doing good. Day 2 and no hunger in sight, no cravings and no headache. I need to drink my water though otherwise I may not get a good weigh in!!

I'm good now, feeling motivated after my weigh in this morning so thats great! Like, you said, I hope I can ride this wave until next week :) I'm hoping to be down another 4 lbs by then.

Ya keep that water intake up. I bought myself a pretty little water bottle with a straw that I take everywhere with me in the office, all my meeting even! Our clients in the states even see it :D It's got little flamingos and pineapples on it. I think this helps me too or maybe I'm just being childish - I don't care it works!!

I'm sure you'll have a great result at your weigh in - And if not, we all have our ups and downs. Next week is always there to show improvement :)

Hi again.
So I'm having a pretty normal day so far. Following the usual routine. Had a shake for breakfast and bar for lunch. It was a struggle finishing the bar today. I felt full half way through. I took a break inbetween. Its strange because I am hungry come lunch time but then when I eat its almost as if my body doesn't want it.... Is that normal? Also I feel like I have a bit of heartburn or something today. First day feeling like this so I'm hoping it passes.
Another thing is I have a colleagues going away lunch this Thursday - I want to join in with my colleagues and have something from the menu. I'll check it out later today to see if there is anything low carb low cal to keep me in ketosis. One colleague did say they do half portions so at least thats good... I hope it doesn't break me though and make me fall off track... I'll see.
Just keeping you all posted! Writing these diary entries are quite therapeutic for me....
Have a great evening all :)

Heartburn, I used to get those with the soft bars. What flavor did you have? I'm the same as you currently except that I have a hard time eating anything before 1PM, which is usually not a problem because I'm usually ravenous in the evenings. Except right now I'm not ravenous, I just get nauseous.

For the going away lunch, just try to stick to protein and green veggies (i.e. salad, cucumbers etc - low carb) so that you can enjoy your meal and feel full and happy!

I don't have the solution for making sure to get back on track 100% - if you find it please share it with me. I hold my breath overtime I come off plan, praying that getting back isn't excruciatingly difficult!

I had the Strawberry Jam bar. I got a bunch of them because I liked the description of them. I do like them too. I hope I don't get bored of them though. They're pretty big too so dividing them up is no issue for me. Did that heartburn subside after a while?

Ya I'm look up the menu now - Its an asian restaurant so I think I'm going to go with two sides instead of one lunch meal - Stir fried veg and grilled chicken skewers. Even writing that has made me salivate :D

Ya if it was easy everyone would be doing it so its just a case of getting your head into the game I suppose. I'll let you know how it goes either way.

Wednesday hump day. I'm always positive walking home on a Wednesday after work as I know the weekend is in sight! I have another event over the weekend - My sister's boyfriends birthday. They're having drinks and nibbles in one of the bars in town. Now, nibbles I can (hopefully) avoid but drinks?! Any suggestions as to what drinks are okayish on the plan? Obviously in moderation but I don't want to be the only one on the dry. I'm sensing my week 2 weigh in will not be as wonderful as week 1.... As long as I'm not up I won't mind. More buns in the office today.... I swear my colleagues are all feeders and enablers!! Managed to dodge them though ;) Hope you are all doing well today guys and gals. The weekend is not that far away from us now! :)

I hope your day went without a hitch.
For the weekend birthday, I can't really give you advice. I've stayed completely away from alcohol as I can never have one drink... which leads to letting my guards down, eating more than i intended and falling off the wagon the next day as the hangovers when in ketosis are raging (and dangerous as well). So I took the problem out of the equation and I feel better too.

Back