Boxing Day Food...??? Help!!

The_Petal

hello everyone,

I'm in need of help! I'm having all the family over for the festive season and have Christmas day pretty much sorted, but am struggling for ideas for Boxing Day lunch and dinner. We also have a vegetarian coming too, so want to be accommodating to her.

What do all you lovely people do on Boxing day? We will be having a buffet on Christmas day eve so am really looking for some "proper" meals for both lunch and dinner.

Thanks in anticipation .... :-}

We tend to have Gammon, Cheesy Potatoes and salads etc so will still be having something similar just cutting down the amount of cheese used etc.
Also bowls of steaming hot chilli con carne always goes down well, I'm not a lover of cold meat so usually go for something hot and scrummy!

Enjoy whatever you do

Claire
x

Usually for Boxing Day, I go to my mother-in-laws and end up having 'another' Christmas day foodwise. Ideas for you (that will also include the veggie.............)

Thick puree carrot and chilli soup (quick and syn free) or ratatouille. Both taste great with chunks of bacon added (for the meat eaters). How about making bombay potatoes or other veggie curries, rice and some tandoori'd meat along side?

HTH

Just came back from our xmas meal at our WI and they had baked sweet potatoe wedges, quorn chilli, quiche, chickpea/pea rice, so this may give you some ideas...they were all lovely!

All fantastic ideas ladies, thankyou!!! I'll have a think about the least effort option! xx

Back