Boxing Day Food...??? Help!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by The_Petal, 21 December 2009 Social URL.

1. The_Petal

The_Petal Full Member

hello everyone,

I'm in need of help! I'm having all the family over for the festive season and have Christmas day pretty much sorted, but am struggling for ideas for Boxing Day lunch and dinner. We also have a vegetarian coming too, so want to be accommodating to her.

What do all you lovely people do on Boxing day? We will be having a buffet on Christmas day eve so am really looking for some "proper" meals for both lunch and dinner.

Thanks in anticipation .... :-}

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    We tend to have Gammon, Cheesy Potatoes and salads etc so will still be having something similar just cutting down the amount of cheese used etc.
    Also bowls of steaming hot chilli con carne always goes down well, I'm not a lover of cold meat so usually go for something hot and scrummy!

Enjoy whatever you do

Claire
    x

4. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

Usually for Boxing Day, I go to my mother-in-laws and end up having 'another' Christmas day foodwise. Ideas for you (that will also include the veggie.............)

Thick puree carrot and chilli soup (quick and syn free) or ratatouille. Both taste great with chunks of bacon added (for the meat eaters). How about making bombay potatoes or other veggie curries, rice and some tandoori'd meat along side?

HTH

5. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just came back from our xmas meal at our WI and they had baked sweet potatoe wedges, quorn chilli, quiche, chickpea/pea rice, so this may give you some ideas...they were all lovely!

6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    What about a big oven baked pasta? A lasagne/veggie lasagne, macaroni cheese, tuna bake. This can be made in advance and just put in the oven 30 minutes before serving with some salad and fresh bread.

7. The_Petal

The_Petal Full Member

All fantastic ideas ladies, thankyou!!! I'll have a think about the least effort option! xx

8. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Think I'd go for a good curry!! Leftover turkey would be a good option!

Lynda

9. SamBraund

SamBraund Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.24%)
    To Mumthe shopper....your signature has had me in stitches for the last few minutes LOL

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.