Bread and Butter pudding

Nicola1705

Does anyone know a recipe for bread and butter pudding and the syn value I use to love this high fat pud and would love to do a s/w version

Hey,

I have wanted to make this for a while now but no one does puddings in this house so I feel like it would be a waste (unless i ate it all myself haha) not quite bread and butter but I guess its close.

information

Serves: 6
Prep time:
Cook time: 35 minutes
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif

ingredients

1 banana
2 teaspoons lemon juice
8 slices white Nimble bread from a 400g loaf
4 large eggs, beaten
340g/12oz fat free natural fromage frais
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons granulated artificial sweetner
28g/1oz sultanas
Extra sweetner and ground nutmeg for sprinkling

method

1. Preheat the oven 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Peel and mash the banana with the lemon juice to prevent browning.

2. Sandwich the bread slices together with the mashed banana to make 4 sandwiches. Cut into quarters and lay the sandwiches, overlapping, in a small ovenproof baking dish.

3. Mix together the eggs, fromage frais, nutmeg and lemon rind with sufficient sweetener to taste and spoon over the sandwiches to cover completely, making sure the custard sinks between the sandwiches as well. Sprinkle the sultanas over the top
4. Stand the dish in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water to come halfway up the side of the dish. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until set and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the tin and stand for 10 minutes.

5. Serve the pudding immediately sprinkled with more sweetener and nutmeg if liked.

Tip: We've used white Nimble to keep the Syns quite low. If you prefer a different type of white bread, check the Syns on Syns Online, and choose a small 400g loaf if possible.

OR there is this one http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/174871-bread-butter-pudding.html

K x

Back