Bread.. HELP!!?

Nichola..:)

Hi everyone!
okay, so I just done a food shop today & the one thing that is bugging me is BREAD!!!
I had a list of bread that I was allowed & from that I chose the Irwins wholemeal 400g loaf.
does anyone know if I am able to use the 800g loaf & still be allowed to use the 2slices as my healthy extra?
I am awful at explaining things so hopefully someone can understand and help me!!? :)

Nichola.. :)

2 slices from a 400g loaf, or 60g of any wholemeal bread so 800g loaf will probably work out as 60g = 1 1/2 slices

aaaahhh! I get it now! lol..
I was so baffled, I thought the only difference was that it was just a full size load rather than being a wee half loaf!
you have helped me now, thanks girls! :)

If you look on the nutrition value it tells you how many grams are in each slice, there are some loaves out there that are 30g a slice :)

Oh, I didn't even think about doing that. I actually only found the list of bread that I am allowed to eat as a HE yesterday! thanks :)

i think thats my problem too Rochelle! lol.. when i was on SW before i always bought the allinson or nimble but a sandwich just doesnt taste the same & if i can get a bigger slice of bread i am defs gonna do so!! lol :) ..yummm!
ps. i blame living in Belfast the reason i love my bread so much!! lol

haha, i know! :( lol.. well when im doing a diet i always have a wee 'treat' after i get weighed (only if scales are good to me) lol.. so maybe ill have some 'proper' bread! haha

Any thoughts on Burgens soya and linseed bread? This has been my bread of choice for a long time now and it fitted in well when I was low-carbing, being the lowest in carbs I could find. It's also very filling. I like 2 slices as toast for breakfast, they're only small and the packet says that 4 slices counts as a daily serving.

oh no, to be honest I have never even heard of that bread! is it available from tesco or asda?

I thought most of the low gi or those with seeds had to be synned because of their low fibre content so bread with seeds generally arent heb

Surely that's what syns are for. If you want want some white bread and butter then you can have it, and even every day if you really want to

Thats what I do with Burgen bread or a bagel occasionally. The Burgen does not count as a healthy extra B choice - things that are good for you health wise are not always necessarily also good for weight loss, avocados being a classic example.

Ah, I'm disappointed about the Burgens bread, it's the one thing that keeps me "regular", I'm loathe to give it up. I'll have to syn it. They're full of fibre and only tiny slices, can't see how they'd be bad for weightloss... :(

ahright, okay cool! I have stopped eating bread all together this week, just haven't had the notion to eat any so all is good! :) lol
Thanks guys! X

I'm only just starting out on the SW path but I don't think I would be able to just have 2 teeny weeny slices of bread each day - think I'm just going to have to stop having bread altogether 'cos where bread is concerned I just don't have an 'off' button!

Flymetodunoon said:
I'm only just starting out on the SW path but I don't think I would be able to just have 2 teeny weeny slices of bread each day - think I'm just going to have to stop having bread altogether 'cos where bread is concerned I just don't have an 'off' button!

This is me through and through.... I like 2 slices of doorstop thick toast with real butter on and the tiny whole meal toast with flora light in just doesn't cut it so I stay away!

Back