Bread help?

chloecat

This might be the wrong place to post this, but I couldn't find a better place.

I adore bread, it's probably the one food I struggle with when dieting. I know EE allows one portion of bread a day as a HEb - but does anyone know of any form of white bread that is allowed? Or some form of white roll? I really, really hate brown bread and end up forcing it down without enjoying it as no bread at all leaves me craving. I doubt there is a white type I can have but would make things easier for me!

tesco do a wholemeal bread mix and it makes tasty crusty bread rolls you could always have that sw does say 60g of any wholemeal bread just a shame it tastes awesome warm and smothered in lurpak

Weight watchers petit pan can be used as a healthy extra b choice! It's a white roll really equity nice.

2 slices of the Hovis Nimble White used to be allowed (2010 optimising book). .This may have changed so I suggest you have a squizz in the Healthy Extra Forum - you might have more luck/responses there.

As for the syns in white bread, my 2010 book says a thin slice is 3.5 syns, a medium slice is 4 syns, a thick slice is 5 syns and an extra thick slice is 6.5 syns. It is a tadge confusing cos the books says "Full size 400/800g loaf" so it's not clear whether the above syns are for the 400g loaf or the 800g :confused: .Perhaps someone else can clarify.

Last edited:
Back