Bread on induction

magb

Hi all, will have been on Atkins 2 weeks tomorrow and I just love it, I have lost 6lbs! It's probably fluid because I don't know if it's possible to lose so much in 2 weeks but seeing it on the scales is lovely :). Anyway, I'm thinking I'll stick with induction for a little longer but I was jut wondering, can i have a slice of toast with my egg in the morning? I know I'm only allowed 20g carbs but for a slice of brown bread I checked, it's only 11g. Thanks in advance with anyone who can help me on this!! :)

Hi there! Personally I would stay well away from the bread.
I managed to maintain for 8 years - during that time I kept myself off all breads even during maintanence. Then one day I had a slice of toast and that was it insulin up and back to my old habits again.

I am not saying this will happen for you, but it was a disaster for me, not trying to scare you and I am sure others will have different experiences. Good luck with the weight loss

soya and linseed bread fine its 10g carb per slice brand Burgen very nice only have 1 per day on pre-maint

I would say stay away too as many people on here have had terrible headaches and bloating from eating carbs like that

Thanks :) Think I'll stay away from the bread then, don't want to be putting any weight on and I love bread so much that I'll probs want more than one slice. It's most difficult at tea time when my whole family have buttered baguette with their meal, so jealous! My stomach ache last week when I cheated with a bit of chocolate can be explained then!

Thanks :) How many carbs are in mim bread? Can I eat this on induction?? (sorry about all the questions!)

Dont worry, you dont learn if you dont ask. Its 3carbs per recipe and yes you can eat them in induction, check out the mims thread. You can do so much with it.

please dont eat the bread. having just come back off holiday i am craving carbs so badly. have had 2 slices of toast and i want more. was quite happily doing without things like bread and pasta before i went away. i now have to wean myself back off the carbs and start all over again. :cry:

please dont eat the bread. having just come back off holiday i am craving carbs so badly. have had 2 slices of toast and i want more. was quite happily doing without things like bread and pasta before i went away. i now have to wean myself back off the carbs and start all over again. :cry:

I'm not going to eat it, I'm not craving anything right now which is a first and maybe if I do eat bread I'll end up back at square one. Don't worry I'm sure you'll stop craving them again soon, hope you get back on track xxx

I'm in maint and I don't eat bread that often. 11G is over half your allowance of carbs in a day, it's just not worth it.

I eat the soya/linseed bread only one slice a day 11g carb on pre-maint though

Back