Consolidation bread/pasta

Bibaloo

Hello!

Sorry to ask this. I have searched but I can't find the answer (although I'm sure it's here) and I've lent my book to someone whose thinking of starting up.

How much bread in weight am I allowed a day? Want to go out and find the nearest per slice. Also, what weight in uncoiled pasta is recommended for the starch meal?

Thanks x

The book says to 'take a proper 225g 8oz serving' of pasta which will be cooked weight, no idea what that is in dry weight though.

It says 2 slices of wholemeal bread but not sure of the weight of that, it doesn't seem to say in the book.

It seems some things are different on his site but I am sticking to what the book says or I won't know where the hell I am with the diet!

From memory (lost book, not replaced) it's 40-60 gr wholemeal bread and 80 gr uncooked pasta (which is loads - I couldn't eat it all).

From memory (lost book, not replaced) it's 40-60 gr wholemeal bread and 80 gr uncooked pasta (which is loads - I couldn't eat it all).

I couldn't find the dry weight for the pasta in mine, well, not by using the index anyway.

Can anyone tell me what page that is on please?

My book is the 2010 edition.

Ta!

Thank you!
Wow that's more than I thought - on both counts.
I just wanted to know dry weight so that I can cook the correct amount. I always overestimate and would end up picking at it ?

For the dry weight of the pasta, we had to guess and weigh and see what it actually came out at when cooked! That's how we figured out how much dry weight was allowed. It is a decent amount, and it's good to have some veg with your pasta meal too.

For the bread, over here he recommends we buy our bread from the "baker" (even supermarket), rather than long life type supermarket bread if you can. And wholemeal, of course.

ENJOY!

I've found that 2 slices of medium sliced wholemeal bread weighs exactly 60g, I have 2 slices every day either a sandwich for lunch or cheese on toast for supper

I'm about to have my bread! I got a small 400g loaf to begin with and I'll progress to larger slices when I get used to it. Going to have my cheese with an apple later. Heaven!!

Well I enjoyed my bread but now I feel incredibly guilty. This is harder than I anticipated! Not hard to eat, just hard to get my head around

Back