bread?

shrinkingalice

Silver Member
anyone know if bread is good/bad for you and any "side effects"?

bread is ok! fits both rules! can be high in cals! it just depends if u can trust your self with all those carbs hehehe

xxxxxxxxxxx

anyone know if bread is good/bad for you and any "side effects"?
No, there should be no side effects from eating bread. I have never had any, I eat white but I no that whole grain is better for you.;) Weight watchers bread would probably be best though.

I hand bake all my bread and have to calculate the fat and calories acording to the ingredience and weight of it, thats a bit of a pain but its much nicer than the shop bought stuff, I used to have a bread making machine but it broke and I never got round to replacing it.
xx

home made bread ............... yum!

Can actually smell it - gotta love it xx

I love bread, but i eat to much. So i only have 2 slices a day either for toast on a morning or lunch in a sandwich. Remember its not what you eat its how much you eat. Just limit it and its fine. x

-Skye 1940's phoned and want their home made bread making back hehe.

Cheeky Red......, I think you'd think you'd jumped into a time warp in my house, no tumble drier either, just good old clothes horses and we make all our meals from scratch (apart from the times I'm lazy and at work....but don't tell OH), even made pasta from scratch the other night, without a machine!! Haven't bought a ready meal, burger or frozen pies in years, just got to perfect the art of sausage making.
xx

funny you mention it. I've been eating hovis granary (thick) with my soup at lunch time ( normally 2 slices). 109cals per slice (44g per slice)!! fat is 1g per slice. I was shocked it was so high calorie wise.

Back