Bread

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by paula 36, 18 August 2007 Social URL.

1. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Hi guys, i have changed to ww bread and was just wondering how many points you use each day on breadxx:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    For me it varies sometimes just a couple, other days its more.

Im not keen on WW bread. Its great for using as bread but if you like toast... its awful... doesnt toast well at all

4. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I use 1 point a day on bread on a regular day, sometimes 2 but my bread is 0.5 per slice, its not the WW bread thought its the kingsmill crustless 50/50 as it tastes like proper bread, the WW one was too cardboardy for my liking when toasted

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thats what I use too vodaka... it tastes much nicer and toasts like 'real' bread

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Do you think im having to much i normally have 4 slices for brakfast,then 4 slices for lunch.I probally use 6 points a day which equals to 12 slices ww bread.

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    12 slices a day sounds quite a lot. Even allowing for it to be WW stuff.

The most I probably have is 6, occasionally 8 but thats the exception rather than the rule

8. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks starlight,i always felt i was eating to much bread.I perhaps need to find some other ideas for breakfast and lunch.Because its low in points i actually felt i had a lot for breakfast and lunch.What do you normally have ?xx:)

9. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Why not have 2 slices of bread for brekfast ( maybe try the crustless one its much more satisfying than the WW stuff ) and have and poached or scrambled egg on it, or a tin of WW beans for 2 points, or even garlic muchrooms. They are a few of the different things i have on mine in the mornings when i have time, either that ir its marmite lol. :D

10. andi

andi Bye bye bellies!!!

Diet:
    JUDD
    I just posted on your thread with some examples of what I have had for breakfast and lunch. Some of them still include bread but it might help you cut down a wee bit. Good luck.

Ax

11. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks vodaka andi and starlight,i had a special k bar this morning for breakfast instead of toastxx:)

12. Rosemary Shanahan

Rosemary Shanahan Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers old points
    Bread is my downfall (and cheese!), can't have either in the house (except for the WW bread, as that's technically cardboard) ;)

I usually try not to have more than 4 or 5 slices of WW bread toasted per day. The WW Malted Danish seems to be slightly better than the WW White, and they do a thicker cut brown loaf now aswell I think, but possibly 1pt per slice as opposed to the normal 0.5. An old but good trick I find is to just cut it into smaller slices and put them in a pile, so it looks like I'm eating a lot more than I am.

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Id definitely recommend the Kingsmill crustless. Im like you Rosemary I love cheese. Its not great but Tescos HL cheese toasts not too badly, I have that quite often, just to get my cheese fix :)

14. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

I love the feta light its 7 for a packet so i split it over 2 meals its scrummyxx

15. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I used to eat a lot of bread, but when I'm on ww I don't eat so much because it seems like a waste of points once I've added the butter etc.

I used to eat toast for breakfast, but now I have a bowl of cereal instead. I alternate between Tesco's version of coco-pops and Tesco boulders - 50g of cereal with 1/4 pint of milk comes to 3.5 or 3 points, and that's for a good sized bowl (not the recommended mice sized portion on the box, lol).

16. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Thanks marie ,i will try them .The smll bowl of cereal is pathetic isnt itxx:)

17. nails

nails *Quornstar*

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oooh had some of that cheese delivered today, I LOVE cheese on toast, real comfort food :D
    xx

Last edited: 20 August 2007
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

I love cheese especially feta,brie etc etc:)

20. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its nice isnt it... much better than WW stuff

21. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

Ive decided to try and have 2 slices of decent bread a day ,instead of having loads of ww breadxx:)

22. vodaka999

vodaka999 Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    That sounds like a good idea :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.