Bread

Don't want to use bread as it makes me bloated. Does anyone know a substitute on sw?

An alternative in what sense?

Could you not go without bread completely? Since starting SW I've almost completely cut bread out of my diet - now and again I allow myself a small wholemeal roll to have a bacon sandwich, but apart from that I'm managing okay.

Do you mean for your B choice? There are loads of other things you can have - scan bran, cereal, porridge, some tinned soups, and cheese if you follow the green plan.

I use my hex b on cereal bars every day and don't use bread at all any more

You don't need bread for most meals :)

If bread makes you bloated then maybe you need to check out if you have a wheat allergy. I've never had this diagnosed myself but I used to get a bloated feeling after eating normal white bread.

I love bread and could eat half a loaf in one go but since I've been on SW I've changed to having either WW wholemeal or Hovis Nimble. I've cut the amounts right down and only have either my HexB allowance or 1 slice extra and syn it up. Now I'm feeling a lot better than I did. :)

I only have bread now maybe twice a week, as I use my HEXB for Alpen Light bars. I can have one with breakfast and one later as a snack.

If you're looking for something to use AS bread, but instead of bread... I'm afraid I have no idea, other than crackers or scan bran.

ryvita as a hexb works for me

if its instead of bred for sandwiches , I've used a big lettuce leaf as a wrap
for filling before and with fajitas too! it's surprisingly Really nice !

I've given up bread too, and have 2 alpen lite bars as my Hex B.

Alpen light over here too instead of bread for HEB. I used to eat a lot of toasts before starting SW and I've now practically given up on it. I have to say that I hardly miss it as there is so much that I can eat that leaves me full.

Back