breaded fish

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by laurz100, 12 January 2010 Social URL.

1. laurz100

laurz100 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone,

Is breaded fish a big no no on SW? I bought some frozen breaded haddock fillets from Asda yesterday thinking they would make a change but they seem to be 9 syns on EE :cry:

I have tried fish without the breadcrumbs but really don't enjoy it at all. Does anyone know of any fish in breadcrumbs that is a bit lower? or shall I just give up on it?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I make my own! Just whizz some bread in a food processor (if it's wholemeal you can count is as a HEXb, or syn it), whisk some eggs and put on a plate, dip fillets of fish in the egg then in the breadcrumbs (on another plate), spray with frylight and grill or ovenbake! You can add seasoning/herbs/spices of your choice in with the breadcrumbs which makes it yummier!X

4. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya

You could make your own fish in breadcrumbs or have you tried the fish in parsley or butter sauce. The ones in sauce are 2.5syns each but that's a lot less plus once you have added mash (if you're on an EE day) & veg it's a very filling meal x

5. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

i bread white fish myself u could use hex for the bread crumb or use the one u buy from shops cant remember how many syns seem to think its not a lot

ones u buy from the shop have prob got batter on them before the bread :D

6. laurz100

laurz100 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your replies. I will give making my own a go then and see what that's like. Thanks again.

7. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I love fish in butter or parsley sauce, they are 1½ syns each (I usually have 2) they boil in the bag for about 10 minutes, then slit the bag and put on your waiting hot cooked veggies - lovely - a good easy and low syn meal.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.