Breakfast and hunger

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Brightonrosie, 2 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just out of interest, does anyone get hungrier throughout the day if they have breakfast. Yesterday at 9ish when I arrived at work i had oatsosimple and banana and yogurt and was starving by 11am. The day before i had ryvita and hard boiled egg and was hungry by 11.30. Today I went straight to work but no breakfast and then out of the office until 12.45 and was still not massively hungry. All evening as well I have felt less hungry and not needing to pick as much. this is the thrid time I have tried this pattern so it is not a one off xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do find this and this is how i normally behave. However, in the past i have found if i do eat breakfast and pick all day i lose more weight.
    When i asked my Consultant she said it was because breakfast kick starts your metabolism and you therefore drop more pounds. Thanks for this post it has reminded me of this and i am going to make more of an effort to eat first thing and see if that improves my losses.

4. MrsSlimToBeSample

MrsSlimToBeSample Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah if I skip it Im not as hungry & can go till lunch but I don't skip it anymore where possible as its not great is it and its supposed to be the most important meal of the day!

Must be some actual reason for it

5. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think it's because if you don't eat breakfast your stomach shrinks! If you do eat it, it kind of paves the way for more food!! I however have to eat brekkie because it helps me concentrate on my work and I get dizzy if I don't eat! It also helps my bowels- a good feed in the morning 'moves things along' if you catch my drift!! LOL! Also if I don't eat brekkie I definitely get more 'picky' in the evenings!X

6. MrsSlimToBeSample

MrsSlimToBeSample Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I found this answer on Yahoo....

7. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OK, so bang goes my theory on the shrinking stomach, but I'll just call it an intelligent guess!! LOL!X

8. Chelsea

Chelsea Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(14.08%)
    Diet:
    Who knows !!
    fab thread - it all makes sense now !!! will make sure that I have a good breakfast to get metabolism on the go !!

9. Zimara

Zimara Yummy mummy to be!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    Just think of it like this.........

Breakfast = break (the) fast.

Your metab slows right down at night time, it needs a kick start to get it going again.

If you get hungry try changing what you eat for breakie. Try a more high protien (low carb) breaky like eggs rather than high carb.

Eggs keep me going all morning!!

10. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    I asked this Q a while ago. I was having magic porridge for breakfast every morning at around 8am, then by 11am I was absolutely starving! I just munch on fruit to get through the hunger, I don't like to have lunch until at least 1pm!

11. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't usually bother with breakfast either, but after reading this, I'm now munching on a pear!

Hope it helps :eek:

12. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    I found this too - how interesting!
    I try and have my breakfast slightly later, 9:30 ish, to manage those hunger pangs!

13. zimbobimbo

zimbobimbo Full Member

I have breakfast about 7.30am at work which is usually, a mullerlight, banana and alpen light, then yes I feel hungry about 11am. But that could be the arrival of the sarnie ladie in work! I sometimes have a hardboiled egg mid morning or 3 babybel as my HXA. and a banana!

14. H*Bomb

H*Bomb Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I never used to have breakfast, but since starting SW I have had breakfast every morning! Part of teh reason I never had breakfast in the past was I was never hngry first thing in the morning - however last week or so I can def tell my body has got used to it as by the time 9am comes I am starving!

15. *ruby*

*ruby* Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm really bad at eating breakfast. A cuppa and a ciggie for me usually, although I do try to have some fruit or a yoghurt (or both) before ten o'clock.

If I do eat an early breakfast I'm always ravenous by about eleven and I will eat just about anything I can get my hands on.

16. Mets

Mets Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yep, the same with me too. I usually have my breakfast at about 8am and then I'm hungry by 10am... I'm really hungry now and I've had porridge with banana and an apple for a snack!!! :D

But what I do to take the hunger pangs, is drink lots of water. I drink an awful lot anyway and find that this fills me up. They do say that if you're feeling hungry, then you should have a glass of water before reaching for food as it could just be thirst.

17. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always have breakfast about 1hour after getting up. By this time I'm hungry & couldn't manage until lunch without eating.

I usually have cereal or rice with fruit & yoghurt or polenta porridge,with fruit.

Mid morning I'll have a piece of fruit & lunch is 12.30-1pm (mid week); I usually have my afternoon snack (fruit again) 3 ish, but I don't always have an afternoon snack.

I'm very lucky tea is waiting for me when I get home @ 5.30pm.:D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Beckyftwx

Beckyftwx Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm in college so the fact I cant eat in lessons does restrict me into eating at certain times. I am always hungry when I wake up so have brekkie at about half 7 then I will have a yoghurt and alpen bar at half 10 cos I find Im really peckish by then!

20. kissme

kissme Gold Member

I find that if i have breakfast i do get hugely hungry!

21. shinymoon

shinymoon Full Member

Absolutely!I find that if I didnt eat breakfast,I could probably go until my evening meal and not be hungry!I know its healthier to have breakfast,so I do, but on the downside I seem to graze all day(albeit on superfree food!)

I find on red days when I eat a lot of protein for breakfast(i.e bacon eggs)i am not as hungry,because protein keeps you fuller for longer!!

Glad I am not the only one who finds this!!:D

22. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

whats magic porridge? sorry!

I have brekkie, but im gonna look to increase the size of my brekkie, cos im having alpen bars or a piece of fruit, which i dont think is enough to start off my metabolism! LOL! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.