Breakfast cereals

Gemma1986

Im just me!
Since i have started sw i have been having wheatabix as my b can you tell me if i can have corn flakes or rice krispies?

Sadly not Gem. I love cornflakes :-(

Not enough fibre in them to warrant them being a healthy extra.

It's what I have mostly, so easy - no weighing and measuring, quite cheap too! I try and vary it a bit with banana, blueberries, strawberries or whatever else i have in the house. Yummy without milk and natural yoghurt on instead.

Still can't beat cornflakes with ice cold milk..... these tend to be a treat if we ever go away anywhere!!

I love weetabix and have it most mornings for my breakfast. It's the easiest cereal to pick as there is no weighing and is yum all scrunched up in a bowl with ice cold milk.

I have the new weetabix Crunchy bran which is a HEXB choice - they dont look that appealing but they are yummy with a banana on top :)
Had that this morning, i love crunchy bran. xxx

You can have 28g of puffed wheat (isn't that rice crispies, or am I mistaken?) with 2 oat/scan bran as a hexb choice

You can have 28g of puffed wheat (isn't that rice crispies, or am I mistaken?) with 2 oat/scan bran as a hexb choice
Its sugarpuffs without the sugar hun, and you get loads in 28g. xxx

Oh! good job i'm not a pro chef, i'd prob chop up daffy bulbs instead of onions!!!!

I've been having a real craving for bran Flakes recently - cna I have those as a HE B?
Just checked and you can have:
28g Kelloggs All bran bran flakes with 1 ryvita dark/sesame or original.

28g Somerfield healthy choice bran flakes.

28g Tescos light choice bran flakes.

28g Kelloggs bran flakes sultana bran
with 1 ryvita dark/sesame or original.

Hope this helps hun. xxx loobylou

I love crunchy bran too! I can eat it on it's own as a nibble in the evening. Funnily enough I love all bran (has to be Kellogs tho) BUT I leave it to soak in milk overnight and it makes a wholemeal porrige which depending on my mood I have either cold, or heat it in the microwave, and have a banana or other fruit with it.

ive got some puffed wheat in the cupboard....how much can i have as my HEX B?? (without having anything else with it) im on EE...?? ta xxx

Hi LittleMissCupcake,

The healthy extras list says 28g puffed wheat + 2 oat/scan bran - I tend to miss the scan brans out, but I don't know if you can replace them with anything else!

Sorry - hope someone else might be able to help!

Back