Breakfast ideas please

ladybug

Hi
I'm struggling with ideas for breakfast (I do mainly green days as don't eat meat). I love cereal so am finding keeping to the amount allowed in HEB tough going...

On the weekend I'll have boiled eggs with a piece of wholemeal toast but in the week I have to take breakfast to work so need something portable! (There is a microwave)
I've been having cereal with fruit, but am getting fed up with that as I eat lots of fruit through the day too.

I like porrige oats made with water (as i'm not a milk lover). i'm thinking that can't be bad, but not sure how many grams of oats I could have, if it differs from the usual allowance.

Any tips greatfully received!

Karen

Do you like fish, Karen? Can be a wonderful breakfast because the protein really fills you up and combats the usual mid-morning attack of the munchies! I love John West kipper fillets on Nimble toast, myself. Also, a little bit of smoked salmon with a couple of scrambled eggs feels so indulgent, but is actually so good for you!

How about a nice prawn omelette? Very low, and again the protein is wonderfully satisfying.

If you fancy something carby and sweet, I've found that the new ryvita fruity crispbreads are lovely spread with a spoon of quark, some sweetener or honey, sprinkle of cinnamon, and some chopped apricots/bananas on top. Almost like having your own slice of cheesecake!

What about them oats so simple sachets and 1 ryvita as your hex b , I had that today made with water, trying to have a different breakfast everyday this week as I tend to have eggs and beans everyday.

I like doing swiss bircher muesli - soak a sachet of Oats so Simple in a little milk overnight then in the morning add lots of different fruit (I like berries and grated apple) and add an Activia vanilla fat free yogurt and a pinch of cinnamon. Yummy!

I also like 1 Weetabix crumbled into a vanilla Muller Light- leave to sit for a few minutes then mix in some mixed berries. That's also very nice.

Thanks girls for your suggestions :)

Yes I do eat fish, and I do like pilchards on toast, hadn't thought about that for brekkie!

I am going to try all your ideas as I do really like museli - (Alpen is probably part responsible for my recent weight gain :p - discovered that my portion size was roughly the the box recommendation for 4 days lol!)

weetabix and muller light it is for tomorrow :)

Karen

My favourite is cinnamon eggy bread. 2 slices of wholemeal bread (hexb), 2 eggs beaten with as much cinnamon as you like and a bit of sweetner. Heat fry light in a frying pan, dip the bread in the egg mixture to coat both sides and fry on each side for a few minutes. Serve with fat free fromage frais or yoghurt. A chopped banana or some pineapple or strawberries make a nice addition.
I start every day with a huge bowl of fruit salad. I always make up enough for a few days at a time and keep this in the fridge. Saves any hassle in the morning.

Last edited:
Back