Breakfast Ideas

dawnyp

Hi
I LOVE cereal and have all bran or weetabix crunchy bran as I can have 42g - 28g just doesn't touch the sides. Anyway, I have heard others talk about a weetibix with muller light mix - does anyone have this and do you break it all up/addd fruit?? Just looking for new ideas as I cannot move away from cereal.
thanks
:confused:

I have ready brek for breakfast, the actual HEB is 28g and 1 ryvita!, but i dont want 1 ryvita so i have 33g of Ready brek instead with some honey on.

Never heard of the weetabix thing. There is Magic porridge, which is porridge oats (HEB) with a muller mix together and leave in fridge overnight- sounds horrible to me...lol

I have 2 weetabix with milk or some days yogurt, always with fruit either berries or banana it does use up my HEB and milk uses HEA

Hi!!

I eat fruit n fibre...love the fruity bits...although I only can have 28g, I eat it dry, like crisps, or sprinkled into a muller light a little at a time. Makes it last longer, and actually fills you up more. I also tend to eat small 'finger fruit' (berries, grapes, chopped up stuff) alongside it...one spoon of each etc. too, so it feels like i've been eating the cereal for aaages!! Saves all your HEA for later in day too!!

:)

Hi
Just discovered i filling breakfast that doesnt use any HEB/HEA's woohoo.......2 oz pudding rice made with water, sweetener and a muller yogurt mixed in also added nutmeg and some mixed berries or other fruit for 1/3 superfree!

Been having this a couple of times a week and its not hindered my weight loss

Jo x

I have 28g of porridge oats with one scan bran broken up into it. I make it with water and add sweetener.
When it's cooked I stir in a chopped banana.
The scan bran makes it a proper B choice and it really does add filling bulk to it! This breakfast fills me up until lunchtime.

Hi
Just discovered i filling breakfast that doesnt use any HEB/HEA's woohoo.......2 oz pudding rice made with water, sweetener and a muller yogurt mixed in also added nutmeg and some mixed berries or other fruit for 1/3 superfree!

Been having this a couple of times a week and its not hindered my weight loss

Jo x

Fantastic suggestion, thanks Jo. I have been struggling to find a breakfash that doesn't use my HEB/HEA's nor eggs and the only one I could come up with was Yoghurt and fruit!!

Cheers, Marian

I have 28g of porridge oats with one scan bran broken up into it. I make it with water and add sweetener.
When it's cooked I stir in a chopped banana.
The scan bran makes it a proper B choice and it really does add filling bulk to it! This breakfast fills me up until lunchtime.

Hi Jaylou, I sometimes have 28g porridge made with water & mixed with yoghurt and thought that was using all my HEB, obviously not!! You said you added a scan bran to make it a 'proper' - HEB. I'm not attending classes so can't get the scan bran. Any idea how much the porridge represents in terms of a full HEB?

Thanks, Marian

No amount of porridge represents a full HEB, you need the scan bran to make it have enough fibre. A lot of people miss this out but I do find it helps to fill me up. A lot of B choices are cereal and ryvita or scan bran to increase the fibre.
You can actually buy them from health food shops though and I have also seen them in Waitrose.

oooo some good ideas here, I also love porridge but need to make it a HEB as I don't really eat bread so happy to use cereal for it. Did I hear that a sachet of Oats so simple is a HEB - am being lazy as should be in my book........

I generally have an egg omelette and baked beans, with tomato & mushrooms if I have time, then I don't use any syns or HEXs.

I have tried the magic porridge and it's not as bad as it sounds, but I always forget to make it when I go to bed!

Fantastic suggestion, thanks Jo. I have been struggling to find a breakfash that doesn't use my HEB/HEA's nor eggs and the only one I could come up with was Yoghurt and fruit!!

Cheers, Marian

Aww you're welcome n enjoy, oh yeah i do mine in the microwave(tends to stick to a pan and is a nightmare to wash up lol) just be careful of water boiling over!

Hi
Anyway, I have heard others talk about a weetibix with muller light mix - does anyone have this and do you break it all up/addd fruit?? Just looking for new ideas as I cannot move away from cereal.
thanks
:confused:

Hi DawnyP. I have the weetabix with Mullerlight (and other yogurts) most weekday mornings. I use a splash of my HEA skim milk + pot of yogurt and leave to soak while I eat my 1/2 grapefruit. I find the Mullers soften the cereal a bit more than the thicker ones, like Activia but none of them turn the weetabix to mush. :D

I quite fancy giving Jo's pudding rice brekkie a go - how long do you nuke it for please Jo? Then I can still have a Kellogs Fibre Plus later on ...:p

Hi DawnyP. I have the weetabix with Mullerlight (and other yogurts) most weekday mornings. I use a splash of my HEA skim milk + pot of yogurt and leave to soak while I eat my 1/2 grapefruit. I find the Mullers soften the cereal a bit more than the thicker ones, like Activia but none of them turn the weetabix to mush. :D

I quite fancy giving Jo's pudding rice brekkie a go - how long do you nuke it for please Jo? Then I can still have a Kellogs Fibre Plus later on ...:p

LOL glad everyone loving this idea, I stick 1/2 pint hot water in big jug with 2 oz pudding rice and stick on high for a few mins, then on medium for a few more mins cos it tends to boil over! Once rice is cooked leave the excess water to soak in, its fine cooked the night before just give it a warm through in m/wave and stick your muller light in it, i've only used vanilla n choc sprinkles one(my fav) and tuck in, i cooked it the other day with an apple chopped up and cinnemon nom nom.......i did not syn the apple wasn't cooked enough to be classed as stewed lol!!

Back