Breakfast ideas

i know that i just prefer to use them on BAD things

You are probably better looking in the food diary section rather than here - and there is a long thread in the main forum where people post what they are having for breakfast

scrambled or boiled eggs.. the protein sets me up until lunch..
sometimes with mushrooms and / or bean and toms if I'm particularly hungry.. and some fruit on the way to work.. banana or nectarine or something..

hi thanks all!!

circes: i have looked on there hun i have it saved on my tool bar lol but.................. everyone seems to have cerel for brekkie lol suppose i could syn cerel or bread and have both some days x x x

I have had this every day since i first made it, except the second batch i didn't soak the oats in water as the formage frais provided enough moisture for the oats to swell up- sooo tasty & as its not cooked I have not syn'd the apple :)

My first week on SW has been a success!!!

struggling with breakfast.

Hi I have been doin sw ee for nearly 3wks (weigh in tomorrow) but I am still finding it really difficult 2 have a good breakfast. I just tend to have an orange or something an I feel that i may not be gettin the start I need. Its hectic in a morning for me because I have a 2yr old an a 4month old and by the time I have sorted them both out its mid morning an I find I am not overly hungry anymore. Can anyone tell me if what I am having is ok please :)

someone posted "magic porridge"
its basically 28g of oats in a muller light yoghurt left overnight
i havent tried it but i did make my OH one for this morning he eat it after his 8 mile cycle to work and said it was delicious and filling he ate it cold but i suppose you could eat it warm too
was just thinking with having hectice mornings this is prepared (sort of) in advance and is quick and filling

i only eat a muller light yoghurt and fruit for my breakfast as im not a breakfast person but am forcing myself to eat on a morning,

Thank you for both ideas I am not much of a daytime eater so I have been fussing over what I should eat. I will try both I think (not at same time though) :)

i struggle on an evening, it seems as soon as i have a minute to myself my old habits kick in and im thinking what can i eat, so at the minute im eating fresh podded peas and ready prepared julienne carrots on an evening as i like the idea of putting my hand in a bag as i would crisps
i know this sounds loony but its working

I no what u mean I hav always been a evening eater. And old habits die hard. It's my main reason for putting weight on in the first place. I would not eat in the day hardly then I would pig out on junk in the evening. I now have a hi fi bar (healthy extra) as it has chocolate on it and it makes me feel like I am having a cheat. Also grapes I find really good aswell I don't no why.

Haha you've just reminded me I froze some grapes about 5 days ago and forgotten about them!
A friend said they are lovely frozen and take longer to eat so was going to give them a whirl. I guess I'm set for this evening!

I'm not a breakfast person either, but I have been trying Magic Porridge this week, as I am starting an exercise programme. I can heartily recommend it! It's easy, as you make it the night before, so you just have to get it out of the fridge in the morning! Some people have been warming it up, but I'm happy with it cold.

I've tried raspberry and cranberry and banana and custard mullerlights so far, both nice, banana one probably nicer. I also bought a bag of frozen summerfruits from tesco and defrost a cup of that overnight too to sprinkle on the top. Fills you up a treat til lunchtime!

Well I think I hav done alrite so far 2day had bannana Orange and Apple 4 breakfast (sounds a lot but had 2 share with my 2yr old) and just had salad with ham and turkey for lunch. Think I doin a chilli with rice 2nite. I am goin shopping on Fri so will b gettin some porridge. Never thought 2 hav it as I have never really eaten breakfast. I don't really watch soaps so it will b csi 4 me I think :)

All great suggestions- I was thinking- I often just rush out in the morning too- so why don't you have left over from the day before- if there low syn/syn free? Such as soup etc... and then take whatever you would normally have for breakfast and have it later in the day? Also, if you do this- it's filling and you still have HeA/B points left over and syns too- maybe to buy yourself something on the way??

Hi I usually have weetabix & fat free vanilla yogurt (sainsbury's version of muller light as they're gelatine free). It's really filling so keeps me full until lunch and I get to have a yummy hot chocolate or latte with my healthy extra A milk allowance in the afternoon so I don't reach for the chocolate...xx

Back