Breakfast ideas

What do you have for breakfast?

Just wondering as I know that on cold dark winter mornings, yogurt and fruit just isn't going to do it for me .... so after a few ideas really.

Thanks xx

Porridge. For me, that is Scotts Old Fashioned Oats, made with water and cooked in the microwave. A pinch of Maldon Sea Salt added after cooking.

Very cheap, very quick, very filling!

Green Days Breakfast Ideas

Hiya

Desparately need some ideas...am so bored of cereal!!

Today I had beans, 2 slice of toast and a cheese&leek veggie sausage...was delicious but I cant have that every day...any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

hash browns (grated potatoe & chopped onion, mixed with beaten egg and fried) with eggs, beans etc
Full english - quorn sausages, beans, eggs, grilled tomato, mushrooms
Omlette with cheese, tomato & mushrooms
Farmhouse hash (chunks of potato par-boiled then fried with onions, mushrooms, tomatoes & egg - I use bacon, but then I'm a meat eater!!)
Yoghurt, fruit & muesli

Hurrah !! I have discovered breakfast

DH was off work yesterday as it was a fiesta day here. He fancied a cooked breakfast.

Now I have never been able to manage more than a yoghurt and some fruit in the mornings, but yesterday as there was half a tin of baked beans left over I cooked some scrambled eggs and had them with the beans. I loved it.

I felt full right through to lunch time. I was amazed and am now a convert.

What a difference it makes starting with the tank full !!!

I never really had breakfast before SW but now it's the most important meal of the day. Well done. I bet you lose weight faster too, let us know.

I never really had breakfast before SW but now it's the most important meal of the day. Well done. I bet you lose weight faster too, let us know.

It is strange you should say that but I feel thinner after 2 days but that is perhaps because I am more power charged than before.

I love breakfast but can't eat straight away - coffee, yes but food, nope!

Can I have some of your power charge please Sue?!

I have to agree - I like the SW-style "full English" but only on a weekend. The cooked breakfast is to be enjoyed and truly sets you up for the day.

Workday mornings is usually a strong coffee and Weetabix, or like yourself, yoghurt & fruit - mainly because of the time factor.

I love having time to make proper breakfast - mushrooms, bacon and egg on toast is a favourite on red days, or mushrooms, egg and baked beans on toast on green.

On a week day it's boring weetabix though. Sometimes I like to mix it up a bit with a couple of scan bran, live on the wildside.... :rolleyes:

I love breakfast but can't eat straight away - coffee, yes but food, nope!

Can I have some of your power charge please Sue?!

With pleasure............ by post or courier ??

I love having time to make proper breakfast - mushrooms, bacon and egg on toast is a favourite on red days, or mushrooms, egg and baked beans on toast on green.

On a week day it's boring weetabix though. Sometimes I like to mix it up a bit with a couple of scan bran, live on the wildside.... :rolleyes:

Lol !!!!!

I stumbled across a prog on tv last night about diets-they said a protein rich breakfast like a SW cooked breakfast was best think to start the day to keep you fuller longer. They also recommended a pureed soup full of veg for lunch and promoted a food diary as people forget/underestimate so much of the food they eat.

Sounds like a normal SW day for most to me!

I stumbled across a prog on tv last night about diets-they said a protein rich breakfast like a SW cooked breakfast was best think to start the day to keep you fuller longer. They also recommended a pureed soup full of veg for lunch and promoted a food diary as people forget/underestimate so much of the food they eat.

Sounds like a normal SW day for most to me!

I love my home made soup at lunch time.

Sounds like a normal day to me too.

Friday Breakfast Ideas

Hi
I wondered if anyone had any ideas for a yummy breakfast for a Friday treat, I used to have a very norty McDonalds muffin meal but obviously now I need something yummy within SW! Other than a bacon sarnie I am struggling x
Thanks in advance x

At work really x

Back