French Toast with maple syrup and banana
Bacon Sandwich with grilled tomatoes and mushrooms
Poached eggs on toast
Vegetable and cheese Omelette with homemade hashbrown
weetabix with hot milk, banana and maple syrup
fully cooked breakfast
toast with sliced banana and a drizzle of honey on top

so many different combinations really

Hi Britmum, silly question but which wholewheat bread do you use? I need to find one that i like so far xx

Breakfast?

Morning ladies...

Just looking some inspiration ideas for breakfast coz seems like im eating the same thing nearly every morning (muller light with fruit) but i work most days so dont have time to cook much.

A friend suggested Ryvita to me, i dont have my book atm coz i lent it to a friend, so are they free, HEX or synned? Also what topping would be good?

Thanks for any replies :) xxx

I'm currently in maternity leave, but when I was at work, I would make a cooked breakfast to take with me and make it the night before. I would fry mushrooms, bacon, sausages baked beans and tinned potatoes in a tupperware container and then reheat it in the microwave in the morning and top with a fried egg. I think what I'm trying to get at in a roundabout way is that you could make something the night before when you are preparing tea.

I tend to have either scrambled, poached eggs or an omlette (done in the microwave for speed) with mushrooms tomatoes or beans. Or some cereal with a chopped banana. The cooked breakfast definitely keeps me full for longer.

I'm going to be trying an 'american' breakfast recipe momentarily - pancakes and bacon with maple syrup! (1 HEXB and 2.5syns).

I tend to have:

scrambled or poached eggs, mushrooms fried in frylight, bacon, tomatoes (either baked or tinned) or beans.

Ham or bacon and mushroom omlette with toms or beans.

Cereal and chopped banana (shredded wheat, weetabix, crunchy bran)

Readybrek.

I love eggy bread with white nimble. I egg mixed with a little milk and salt and pepper, soak the two slices in the mixture and then fry in frylight. Delish.

Also an omlette with mushrooms (prefried in frylight) and 42g mozarella. Double delish.

Cereal does not seem to fill me up so I like to have eggs for breakfast if possible.

Also Brit Mum's scotch pancakes are fabulous.

I usually have an orange or banana or maybe have them for elevenses.

Breakfast decision.

Hey people, well i am new to this site and joined for a little bit of help to be honest, and nows the time i need help.
Im very stuck on the kind of things i can eat for breakfast, i usually have chocolate cereals or bread. Any suggestions would be very helpful.
thankyou x :)

Hi Lauren Im new to the site also, for breakfast I eat my 2 alpen light bars and a glass of milk.

It does me and when I think of what I used to eat in the morning OMG lol

You can have 2 slices of wholmeal toast (heb) with beans, egg, bacon, jam or honey if you syn it etc etc, or you can have cereal. Not the chocolate type but there are lots to choose from. I have weetbix crunchy bran as you get 42g of this for a heb! You can syn your normal cereal if you still want to have it. I like having fruit and yogurt and saving my healthy extras and syns for later in the day xx

Hey Adriany, I use to love eating alpen bars, i may try eating them for my breakfast again. Thanks for reminding me of them. Im finding it difficult to think of things to eat as im actually trying to do the slimming world diet on my own instead of going to a group.
You are doing very well by the way, well done :)

Thankyou so much guys :) Big Big help. And i am sort of a bread lover so i think i would also like to keep my bread for later on in the day. x

I've got very used to having fruit & ff yogurt for breakfast ... then a banana mid-morning. That way I can save my HEA & HEB for later in the day :)

At the weekend I love to have smoked salmon & scrambled eggs or a lovely grill-up :eating:

if im off work I like French toast with strawberries, banana and some frozen fruit (like raspberries) topped with a vanilla yogurt.

if I don't want my heb so early then il have quorn sausages (the old ones so syn free) with a poached egg, beans, mushrooms and a grilled tomato.

at work it's usually just fruit and yoghurt.

I used to always have fruit but recently have started having All Bran which has been great as it's filling me up till lunch!!

I've never actually tried all bran as it looks kind of boring. Is it nice ? X

Back