Breakfast ideas

I usually bring my breakfast into work with me and eat it at my desk... I'm not good at eating first thing in the morning and need to leave it until around 8am before I eat, otherwise it makes me feel ill.

I tend to bring Weetabix or Crunchy Bran and skimmed milk with me, or fruit and greek yogurt, something along those lines. But I know others who make a breakfast quiche and have that, or even pre-cook a 'fry' up and reheat at work.

If you search for breakfast on here there are literally dozens of breakfast threads with ideas for different types of breakfast

I am the same fruit/cereal doesn't fill me up and I'm the original cooked breakfast girl. Even when working and leaving early I'll get up earlier to have one makes such a difference. I have some combo of the following:
massive potato omelette with loads of fresh herbs make one each week and keep in fridge each day cut off a slice,
home made baked beans (dont like tinned ones)
lean bacon
free sausages (joe's)
baked/fried in fry light mushrooms and tomatoes, sometimes creamy mushroom sauce made with ff fromage frais
chicken patties (chick breast whizzed in food processor with onions herbs and an egg and then baked)
all FREE!!!!
I LOVE melted cheese and have it almost every day melted on top of the above, and have whole thing with bbq sauce (synned)

All v yummy and quick if you make in advance/night before :)

Struggling with Breakfasts

Hiya

I'm really struggling with what to have for breakfast. Now the weather is turning, I don't fancy having a cold breakfast and I don't really want to use my HEA & HEB for my first meal of the day. I usually make brekki at home but eat it at work (as I never seem to be hungry before 10am).

So, please can you help me to come up with some good brekki ideas, I'm really stuck!

ETA: There is a microwave, fridge and toaster at work!

How about cooking yourself a couple of slices of bacon, and an egg, which you can heat up in work, and take some fruit with you to bulk it up. Should keep you going!

Veggie and lentil soup. No reason why it has to be a 'traditional' breakfast you know!!

Same as mandyd said eggs bacon some shrooms & a tomato...om nom! Although don't do a "student" and whack them all in the microwave. They will turn into something weird :)

Get those little sachets of oats so simple, take some frozen berries to work and then microwave the porridge (make up with water to save your HEA), add some fat ree vanilla yog to make it creamy and the berries. Yum!

I have also just had egg, toast, tomato & mushrooms. Took me less than 10 mins to prepare & cook the whole lot

Now that the weather is changing I have been having oat so simple. Another one I often have is All Bran with hot milk, I think it tastes just like shreddies with hot milk... yummy! Another one of my favourites is weetabix with hot milk :)

if you want to save a b choice in the morning how about using couscous instead of porridge, there is a thread on here about it (in the recipe section i think) and it is actually quite nice

I just generally have fruit for breakfast during the week - but always go for cooked at the weekend. Just bought a load of Joes Sausages, so that should keep us going at the weekends for the next 6 months (really hoping I like them, otherwise it was a bit of a waste of money). You could get them, cook them at home and then microwave them at work with some beans to warm them up!

Scrambled eggs r easy in the microwave!

Back