Breakfast ideas

Couscous with a stock cube, mushrooms and bacon,
How about a soup instead of coffee? Something quite light like a clear chicken soup with finely shredded cabbage, wafer thin carrots, and courgettes (use a peeler). Follow with fruit and yogurt,

Or a cold bacon and mushroom frittatas.

poached eggs, mushrooms,tomatoes and hexb toast

Yesterday for breakfast I had 1 medium slice of White Bread (4 Syns) topped with 3 rashers of Bacon (fat removed), Cheese (HExA) and Baked Beans.

Soooo yummy and very filling :drool: Kept me going all day!

I hope that wasn't a literal statement.
You need to eat regularly not just one or two big meals a day. It screws your metabolism up doing that.
I don't see any superfree in there either.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ginlin said:
SW cooked breakfast with light choices cumberland sausages ( 1 syn each )....

Looks nice. Not keen on fresh fried toms though. Prefer them chopped in tins :)
How do you do your mushrooms? Mine tend to burn in places and still look raw in others but I think it may either be the pan or the gas hob (was bought up on electric).

In our house we do Mushies this way: Chop thickly, Frylight, plenty of garlic salt and on medium hot and leave til yummy.

Looks nice. Not keen on fresh fried toms though. Prefer them chopped in tins :)
How do you do your mushrooms? Mine tend to burn in places and still look raw in others but I think it may either be the pan or the gas hob (was bought up on electric).

I normally prefer tinned toms too, but my Dad has an abundance of fresh ones at the moment!

I cook it all on a tray in the oven, not the eggs of course, sprayed with frylight, so only a small tray and a fry pan to wash!;)

Apologies if this is a really obvious question but I'm new to Slimming World and just want to make sure I'm doing things right.....if doing EE do I have to make sure 1/3 of my breakfast if fruit or veg? E.g. tomatoes/mushrooms with a cooked breakfast.......fruit with/after porridge etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice!xx

Nikcot said:
Apologies if this is a really obvious question but I'm new to Slimming World and just want to make sure I'm doing things right.....if doing EE do I have to make sure 1/3 of my breakfast if fruit or veg? E.g. tomatoes/mushrooms with a cooked breakfast.......fruit with/after porridge etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice!xx

Thats correct!

Just making Ham & Mushroom Muffins (from SW website) for the first time for breakfast - will let you know how they turn out as they are in the oven now!

sliced mushrooms (fried in Frylight)
Mix with 2 chopped spring onion & 2 slice ham
put mixture into muffin cases
Whisk 4 eggs with a little skimmed milk and pour over mushroom mixture
Cook at 200c for 20-25 min until golden.

Teddyjan said:
Just making Ham & Mushroom Muffins (from SW website) for the first time for breakfast - will let you know how they turn out as they are in the oven now!

sliced mushrooms (fried in Frylight)
Mix with 2 chopped spring onion & 2 slice ham
put mixture into muffin cases
Whisk 4 eggs with a little skimmed milk and pour over mushroom mixture
Cook at 200c for 20-25 min until golden.

How did they turn out? Sounds good

How about the "Big breakfast".................
must admit that I prefer it as a "Dinner"

BigBreakfast-8Small.jpg

Help, Breakfast ideas?

:eating: Hey guys, I'm really struggling with breakfast at the mo. Until starting SW I never ate breaksfast, and I seem to be having it quaker oats so simple or weetabix with fruit. Their great but really boring day after day.

Any ideas for quick, simple alternatives? I like everything lol so all recipes welcome xxx

Back