Breakfast ideas??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by CelticChick, 27 January 2007 Social URL.

1. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Diet:
    Paul McKenna
    Cereal, fruit , weetabix etc just doesn't fill me. My normal breakfast is 3 turkey rashers on toast with a slice of low fat cheddar and a scraping of light mayo and relish, It is delicious and all only 5 points. But for a change has anyone got any other tasty ideas? I have eggs the odd morning also.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  4. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Another porrige fan here too. :D

I am just loving it at the moment especially with some blueberries or seeds in.

What about smoothies for breakfast ?? have you tried any of those for a change ??

Deb x

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I can't remember much about WW when I did it (well not the points one anyway), so forgive me if I'm saying something not allowed.

I usually have porridge in the morning. I keep a box of mixed frozen fruit in the freezer which I use for all sorts of things. Whenever I'm shopping I'll pick up a bag of whatever is going and just add it to my box.

I use 40g porridge, a handful of frozen berries and 'that much' of milk (sorry :D)

Quick stir and 2.5 mins in microwave. Truly scrumptious.

Smoothies get the frozen fruit treatment to. I also add yoghurt to smoothies as it keeps you going longer. (Porridge is low GI, so it does that all by itself.)

6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Yep I am a porridge boy as well.

The Sainsburys Taste The Difference Porridge Oats With Jumbo Flame Raisins is the best I have found and only 99p for a packet.

Mike

7. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Celtic Chick

I have had fabulous breakfasts every day this week on the Gi Plan. I have been so full that on days were I couldn't get lunch until mid afternoon I was absolutely fine.

Not sure what the weight watchers points would be on them though. You can see what I have eaten all week in my diary which is in the maintenance diaries section.

Dizzy x

8. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Cereal never used to keep me full up either. So I used to have a small snack mid morning to get me until lunch, and now I hardly ever need a snack anymore. As you lose weight your stomach shrinks anyway (it's what I've heard, I don't know if it's scientific fact) so I think it's just a matter of 'training' your body.

Breakfasts on my list are:

2 Weetabix and either 30g of sultanas (3 points) or 100g banana (3.5 points).

Oat-so-Simple orignal porridge and either 30g sultanas (2.5 points) or 100g banana (3 points) - The Oat so simple packets are only 1.5 points for the original one.

40g Cornflakes and either 30g sultana (3 points) or 100g banana (3.5 points)

Boiled egg, 2 slices of WW toast, 2tsp of Diet Flora (3 points)

Scrambled egg, 100g baked beans, 2 slices of WW toast (3.5 points)

2 slices of WW toast and 100g of Banana (2.5 points)

Hope that helps someone.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.