Breakfast ideas??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by CelticChick, 27 January 2007 Social URL.

1. CelticChick

CelticChick Member

Paul McKenna
    Cereal, fruit , weetabix etc just doesn't fill me. My normal breakfast is 3 turkey rashers on toast with a slice of low fat cheddar and a scraping of light mayo and relish, It is delicious and all only 5 points. But for a change has anyone got any other tasty ideas? I have eggs the odd morning also.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  4. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Another porrige fan here too. :D

I am just loving it at the moment especially with some blueberries or seeds in.

What about smoothies for breakfast ?? have you tried any of those for a change ??

Deb x
  5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I can't remember much about WW when I did it (well not the points one anyway), so forgive me if I'm saying something not allowed.

I usually have porridge in the morning. I keep a box of mixed frozen fruit in the freezer which I use for all sorts of things. Whenever I'm shopping I'll pick up a bag of whatever is going and just add it to my box.

I use 40g porridge, a handful of frozen berries and 'that much' of milk (sorry :D)

Quick stir and 2.5 mins in microwave. Truly scrumptious.

Smoothies get the frozen fruit treatment to. I also add yoghurt to smoothies as it keeps you going longer. (Porridge is low GI, so it does that all by itself.)
  6. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    Yep I am a porridge boy as well.

The Sainsburys Taste The Difference Porridge Oats With Jumbo Flame Raisins is the best I have found and only 99p for a packet.

7. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi Celtic Chick

I have had fabulous breakfasts every day this week on the Gi Plan. I have been so full that on days were I couldn't get lunch until mid afternoon I was absolutely fine.

Not sure what the weight watchers points would be on them though. You can see what I have eaten all week in my diary which is in the maintenance diaries section.

Dizzy x
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Cereal never used to keep me full up either. So I used to have a small snack mid morning to get me until lunch, and now I hardly ever need a snack anymore. As you lose weight your stomach shrinks anyway (it's what I've heard, I don't know if it's scientific fact) so I think it's just a matter of 'training' your body.

Breakfasts on my list are:

2 Weetabix and either 30g of sultanas (3 points) or 100g banana (3.5 points).

Oat-so-Simple orignal porridge and either 30g sultanas (2.5 points) or 100g banana (3 points) - The Oat so simple packets are only 1.5 points for the original one.

40g Cornflakes and either 30g sultana (3 points) or 100g banana (3.5 points)

Boiled egg, 2 slices of WW toast, 2tsp of Diet Flora (3 points)

Scrambled egg, 100g baked beans, 2 slices of WW toast (3.5 points)

2 slices of WW toast and 100g of Banana (2.5 points)

Hope that helps someone.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.