breaking the diet for 1 day??

Kaci002

Hi all,
I am on LT and have a special day planned with friends, we have had it booked for a long time so there is no way I can cancel it as they haev arranged it as a treat for me, its a champagne afternoon tea at a lovely restaurent so not even a chance of low carb food or drink - the thing is I dont know if I should refeed 4 days prior or just carry with my full LT as usual and just have the 1 meal off with the plan to get straight back on it the next day? or even refeed for 2 days before so that any alcohol isnt dangerous for me.
What does everyone else do when meals out crop up while on LT?
I would appreciate any advice as I want to enjoy this afternoon with minimal damage. Thanks xxxxxx:)

sorry i cant be of any help. i think the sensible thing would be to refeed before. then get straight back on it the day after. be interesting to see what the pro's put xx have a good night hun xx

I'd just do the day, try and stay as low carb as possible (champagne is very low carb, avoid the potatoes, rice, bread, etc) Then get straight back in it the next day. You'll prob have to go thorugh getting back into ketosis though.

I had a meal out planned that I couldn't get out of, I ate mushrooms in garlic, left the bread, salmon and green veg (left the potatoes, carrots and peas) the had Cheese and biscuits (left the biscuits) for end of meal. I still lost at the next week weigh in. But getting back into ketosis is hard, so I'd not recommend it unless you feel you have no other option.

Dusty

Slipping in and out of Ketosis is dreadful - I have had an awful week after having a business lunch (one meal in a Chinese). Dreadful. Re-feed is my strong advice.

Actually, whilst I remember, drinking whilst in ketosis can be very dangerous. At the very least you find it goes striaght to your head a lot faster and you feel much worse the day after.

So, if you think you are going to drink more than a glass, you do need to refeed first!

So not worth it if u really want to continue LT then try not to do it...I'm struggling to get back on still can't :(

elle82 said:
So not worth it if u really want to continue LT then try not to do it...I'm struggling to get back on still can't :(

Me to elle82 I was so motivated this morning and then put my back out and that was it back to eating!!! Am thinking of giving myself to Monday as supposed to be meeting friends on Sunday which will include lunch or dinner. I have 6 weeks and have to have 20lbs off

I too have a meal planned - its a birthday meal and im not able to get out of it. Will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I can get back on straight away!

I've found it ok getting back into it after my fall last week.

I made the decision to eat when I went out for a meal because I was in an awkward position. I couldn't not go because it was to celebrate our successes at work last year. If I'd not eaten then that would have been the focus of the meal and not its original focus. Plus I'm quite sure those around me would have felt very uncomfortable. So, I tried to stay as low carb as possible, drank water and didn't come out of ketosis.

I know there are some people that say you should stay 100% till the end but that's not always possible. In some ways I felt better after that meal cos I proved to myself that I can eat in social situations without going totally over the top or throwing caution to the wind.

I'm away next weekend and I will eat then, but I'll be in control of what I'm eating, not thinking oh this is a weekend off. I'll have whatever I like. But instead I'll be mindful of the self control i've gained and put that to good use.

Hi peeps, I have a dinner dance coming up and like some of the comments in here, not going is out of the question and going and not eating the 'dinner' at a 'dinner dance' is equally impossible.

So, I called the LT helpline and asked their advice. Obviously they stressed how much I shouldn't eat and the main reason being, how unbelievably hard it is to get back into it afterwards, but their advice was this- that if it is just the one meal, then have the two other shakes of the day as normal, and then back to 100% straight after the meal. The strongly advised NOT TO DRINK. They told me to read up in why and it does sound very scary. It's all to do with your brain and what it's not been getting enough of to be able to cope with alcohol. It's so dangerous by the sounds if it!

I'm really worried about the dinner dance. Because I don't actually want to eat or drink at all. I want the results of LT much, much more. And that's what's helped me stay 100% for 24 days (erm, who's counting eh? :-/)

I can only go by my own experience, whenever I eat one night and drink I get straight back on to it and manage to still lose the next week, it you one off more than one day it's difficult to get back into it, and if you have a hangover it's really hard x

Hiya
Once I wanted to definitely have a break from LT and planned to have a great night out with the girls. I started to obsess about what I should and shouldn't eat (having a drink was my main thing to be honest and I knew the dangers so wanted to be careful and safe). Anyhow, instead of minutely planning what I would eat to kick me out of ketosis so I could drink I read some great tips on here. I ate an omelette the night before, had mushroom risotto for lunch the next day and then went out to celebrate with my friends. It did me the world of good - I felt great showing off the weight I'd already lost and to be honest it was a great incentive for me to carry on.

The next day I drank lots and lots of water. Something that I never did prior to LT so my hangover was minimal (a miracle!). And I got straight back on the LT train (so depends on your own willpower really) my next weighin I still lost!! not as much but still a loss.

Some of the issues are about your own relationship with food and where you are in your LT journey. I'd already started to think about the healthy food I was going to enjoy when target reached. SO - don't stress it, don't put too much importance on the whole food/drink thing and enjoy the evening.

If you have a rough time getting back into ketosis (even if you come out) then so be it - we have rough days whether dieting or not don't we. Just deal with it.

Finally, good luck and come back here for support whenever needed. Actually - you have to come back the very next day and tell us all about it.

Hi peeps, I have a dinner dance coming up and like some of the comments in here, not going is out of the question and going and not eating the 'dinner' at a 'dinner dance' is equally impossible.

So, I called the LT helpline and asked their advice. Obviously they stressed how much I shouldn't eat and the main reason being, how unbelievably hard it is to get back into it afterwards, but their advice was this- that if it is just the one meal, then have the two other shakes of the day as normal, and then back to 100% straight after the meal. The strongly advised NOT TO DRINK. They told me to read up in why and it does sound very scary. It's all to do with your brain and what it's not been getting enough of to be able to cope with alcohol. It's so dangerous by the sounds if it!

I'm really worried about the dinner dance. Because I don't actually want to eat or drink at all. I want the results of LT much, much more. And that's what's helped me stay 100% for 24 days (erm, who's counting eh? :-/)

See if you can find the menu before the dinner dance. Choose what your are going to eat and what you are going to avoid. also choose what you are going to leave on your plate. Believe it or not, most people don't notice what you've not eaten if you push it around your plate a bit. If you've made the choices before you go, you'll feel a lot stronger and happier with yourself.

You can avoid drinking by saying you've got to go for liver function tests the next day!

What ever you do DONT think "Oh well I'm off LT might as well make the most of it" or "Stuff it, I've blown it already so a bit of cake/potato/bread/wine isn't going to make much difference" because it will!!! Instead of seeing this as a time when you'll be derailed, see it as a time to practice the self control you're going to need when you finish with LT. If we don't learn that self control, we'll be back here in 6 months feeling even worse than when we first started.

Dusty67 said:
See if you can find the menu before the dinner dance. Choose what your are going to eat and what you are going to avoid. also choose what you are going to leave on your plate. Believe it or not, most people don't notice what you've not eaten if you push it around your plate a bit. If you've made the choices before you go, you'll feel a lot stronger and happier with yourself.

You can avoid drinking by saying you've got to go for liver function tests the next day!

What ever you do DONT think "Oh well I'm off LT might as well make the most of it" or "Stuff it, I've blown it already so a bit of cake/potato/bread/wine isn't going to make much difference" because it will!!! Instead of seeing this as a time when you'll be derailed, see it as a time to practice the self control you're going to need when you finish with LT. If we don't learn that self control, we'll be back here in 6 months feeling even worse than when we first started.

Everything you've said is exactly how I'm thinking. I don't want to eat, really I don't. But I can do it with minimal damage. I'm definitely not going to drink. I'm being pressured into it though by somebody who knows I'm doing LT and has made me 'promise' I'll have a drink, after the last time we went out and I stayed sober...but there's no chance I'm drinking, I've got a number of tricks up my sleeve...going to the bar myself wherever possible & just getting sparkling water etc. I'll get around it...it'll be fun being sneaky! With regards to the menu, I don't seem to have a choice on what I order...I think it may be set as I just had a text a couple of weeks ago asking if I want chicken or beef! I went for chicken and like you say, I'm just going to try and scrape the sauce etc off discreetly & just eat the chicken my OH will help me out with the rest for sure!x

Back