Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Breast lift/mastopexy

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Indieflower, 18 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Hi all :D

I've just posted this in the plastic surgery forum as well, but thought I may be more likely to get answers here as more people come straight to their club forum.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences of this and would mind sharing so that I can make a more educated decision.

4 years ago I was 17 and a half stone. I got down to 12 stone and the GP referred me for mastopexy. I missed my referral due to a bereavement and put on weight again due to feeling down about losing my loved one.

To cut a long story short, I'm getting my weight back down and I am going back to my GP next week to be referred.

I don't know anything about the procedures and eligibility criteria though. I was wondering if anyone else does?

Also, I know that the scar is like a T shape one....how have people found the healing and overall look of that?

Overall, has it been worth it?

I really, really want mine done. They remind me of crinkly carrier bags that just lie flat against my stomach and I'm only 26! I cannot imagine living the rest of my life with these.

Any advice or experiences would be so greatly appreciated.

K xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SkinnyMoo

SkinnyMoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    no sorry, but didnt want to read and run! Hope you get a referral!

I would love a reduction, even when im a size 12 i have HUGE boobs! It really annoys me, I can never get tops to fit properly if they have "boob sections"!

4. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Iv nott had anything done but would love to have a boob lift and a tummy tuck, how you go about getting referred! x

5. Indieflower

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I just went to my GP and explained. They didn't ask for any proof of the extent of the problem. They just referred me and it took about 3 - 4 months for my consultation appointment to come through. After that point I'm clueless though

K x

P.S Fantastic weight loss Claire! You must be so proud :)

Claire1981 likes this.
  6. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Kerry - Well what Im gna do is get to target I think and then Im gna go the Drs and go from there. I DESPISE my belly and boobs without a bra, I dont want em smaller just lifted a bit! lol

You have done so well and I think you will have to keep me informed on ya journey???!!

xx

7. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    SW EE
    I dont know anything about breast surgery but I know from when I lost my weight before I would need a tummy tuck. I looked into the risks of the proceedure and it is fairly risky but I have no idea about if breast lifts are. I decided then I wouldnt pursue it any further and would learn to live with my wobbly tummy. I hate any medical treatment and have had some grim fertility treatment in my time and I would need to be pretty ill to go under the knife!

8. Indieflower

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Claire, you're more than welcome and I will keep you informed on how it goes.

PrincessSausage, I know what you mean about the risks and I have looked into them. I also have tummy and arm issues but the way I see it is, there is work I can do to improve them. I do alot of ab and tricep work to build muscle for the skin to effectively cling too.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do bar surgery for my breasts, so I'm jumping in and crossing fingers and toes that they view me a suitable candidate! I hate the thought of having to justify it though, believe me if I could afford it I would have it done private in a flash!!
    :)

9. renza

renza Member

hi honey, i'm getting an uplift with implants next monday (27th) AAAAAH.....i'm having a lollipop lift where they move the nipple and breast up and slice under the boob too.

I wish i'd have thought about a g.p refferal....but it's costing me 5grand for a augmented mastoplexy, with great aftercare.

I go on a breast surgery forum too if u wanna find out more about the uplift surgery....i will pm u it x

10. renza

renza Member

sorry dunno if u can pm on here....the site is called Lookyourbestuk and there is a whole section on uplift ladies

Indieflower likes this.
  11. Indieflower

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Fantastic! Thanks for the info Renza :) I bet you can't wait....I must say I am totally jealous! ;)

If I can'tget it done through referral then I am going to have to take the route you have. 5 grand though!! That would hurt, but well worth it no doubt.

Keep me updated. It would be great to know how the healing, etc goes.

K xxx

12. renza

renza Member

just got back from op, am now about a 34dd/e and i love them....so pert and full looking x

13. Indieflower

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    Wow! That's fab (only slightly jealous! lol). I'm awaiting my consultant date now...fingers crossed that they deem me a suitable candidate!

K xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.