Breasteeding

Anyone else? I'm 15 stone, hungry ALL the time and battling through day 5 of slimming world. I have a 5 3/4 month old daughter who is fully breastfed, I just find the weight sticks to me and I'm soooo hungry! Feeling desperate to lose weight though.

hiya i'm not yet, as still pregnant but will be breastfeeding, am worried though as i remember last time struggling to lose any weight, is it worth trying an exercise dvd couple of times a week to try and give weightloss a boost? if not try not to worry, best thing you can do for your baby and yourself is breastfeed and eat healthly, plently of time for the weight to come off after xxx

I'm breastfeeding and I get really hungry really quickly, it's crazy! Like donzy said though healthy eating is the most important part! After my first baby was born I found doing 10,000 steps made a ridiculous difference. Havn't even vaguely attempted to do it this time yet though.

don't forget you get extra HeX's if you're breast feeding.. there's been a few similar posts over the past few days so have a mooch about..

samoneypenny said:
Anyone else? I'm 15 stone, hungry ALL the time and battling through day 5 of slimming world. I have a 5 3/4 month old daughter who is fully breastfed, I just find the weight sticks to me and I'm soooo hungry! Feeling desperate to lose weight though.

I am BF both my boys, age nearly 2 and half and 9 months. Neither of them have ever had an ounce of formula. I started SW 8 months ago at 15.3 stone and am now target at 10.7 stone :) I was and still am very hungry!!! Eat lots! I did! Make the most of SF foods and fat free or very low fat dairy if you're hungry. Also, as ColJack said be sure to enjoy yor Hex's (you should be having extra A's).
And finally! Make sure you drink plenty, I am sure you are if you're BF- you kind of have to!!! Good luck with both Hun! BF and SW def a good combo :))

Hello

I didnt start dieting until my little girl was 5 and a half months and to be honest weight watchers worked better for me whilst I was breastfeeding and weaning. The reason why was that I craved food and sweet stuff all the time.

On weight watchers you got an extra 10 points for fully breastfed and 5 when weaning. I just ate healthy stuff (like i do now) and the points on normal food werent too bad and then had cake most days!! :)

I then lost the rest of the weight on Slimming World.
Anyway, back to your question on weight. Are you eating enough for meals? Or are you thinking about portion control?

Have a large meal each time (of the healthy stuff) which are all free or superfree and you cant go wrong. (Some people follow SW and have smaller portions and are hungry all the time, I dont to be honest.

Examples of dinners that I will have would be:
Chicken curry with rice
Spag Bol
Chilli and rice
fish, SW chips and veg
roast dinner (skip the yorkshire and syn the gravy)
chicken with veg and potatoes
cottage pie etc etc

all stuff i would of ate before but now I dont cook with oil and i make sure each meal has a 1/3 superfree.

Lunches are a bit more tricky especially as you might be out and about meeting friends / other mums etc.
Keep in your bag some free foods (i would normally carry fruit but wasnt breastfeeding on slimming world). if hungry i dont find fruit that filling but bananas are more so.

Eating out at cafes / play centres etc wont be the best but you could opt for jacket potato with beans for example. if out and about you can always take a home made soup or even a sarnie for yourself. the trick to not being hungry is to eat plenty and make sure its of the right stuff at the meals.

(The reason why i say make sure you eat plenty at the meals as I find snacking on low syn / free foods harder when fruit and a yoghurt are the main things to snack on which if hungry dont often fill you up). Hope I havent been too controversial in what I've said as know a lot of ppl think you should eat small portions but of the right stuff.

Back