Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Its a sad week for me - ive stopped bfeeding my baby girl! (Sob sob)

Managed 7.5 months and only stopping now as she has two teeth!

Aww no......why because shes got teeth? You might have to reposition slightly but other than that you should be fine oh yeah you might get bit on the odd occasion lol! Well done for doing it so long though you should be very proud :)

Aww no......why because shes got teeth? You might have to reposition slightly but other than that you should be fine oh yeah you might get bit on the odd occasion lol! Well done for doing it so long though you should be very proud :)

I had always wanted to do 6 months and yeah with the teeth coming in and going back to work soon i just thought it would be easier all round to stop now.

As i was weaning my milk production had really slowed down anyway so it seemed like a natural thing to stop now.

I keep looking at my breastfeeding cover up all sad! Haha! Im a daft woman! Or a sentimental sap! X

I managed to feed through biting with my son and we bf til he self weaned at 19month's after getting to work he just did morning and night feeds happily. It helps if you can recognise the bodylanguage pre bite saved a lot of ouches!

My now 6 month old daughter is showing signs of both teeth arriving and being a biter. It might ease as she gets more solids but at the mo my poor knuckles get a good chomping.

Does anyone know if I should still be having the additional he if we are baby led weaning? As I'm still her primary source of nutrition.

Hi yep u should still be entitled to 1 extra healthy a or b now shes 6mth. I carried on having it till Dan was about 14mth then decided to give it up to help my weight loss though i cant say whether its that thats helped or just being on plan if that makes sense? Lol

Hello ladies. I'm set to join you very soon I hope (currently waiting for induction)

What is the story with healthy extra? Is it 3 of each? I'm not at classes at he moment so can't ask consultant

Thanks in advance x

Hi ive not got my book with me but if u flick back through these posts the info is there i think u start with an extra 3 then goes to 4 then back down depending on age and whether ur weaning baby. Good luck x

Hi ive not got my book with me but if u flick back through these posts the info is there i think u start with an extra 3 then goes to 4 then back down depending on age and whether ur weaning baby. Good luck x

Im bf my 9 week old and struggling for ideas on how to use my a's and b's. Would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Nicola

Im bf my 9 week old and struggling for ideas on how to use my a's and b's. Would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Nicola

I used to always use the b on extra bread or use oil in my cooking. Milk i would use as a hot choc with an options sachet for low syns, or have a
Measured a choice of cheese and an apple! Or hifi bars/b choice cereal bars x

Thanks

Nicola

I used to make milkshakes or have double porridge allowance (70g) to get through mine or jacket potatoes or omlettes with loads of cheese on :) miss my extra healthy extras! :( xx

I used to make milkshakes or have double porridge allowance (70g) to get through mine or jacket potatoes or omlettes with loads of cheese on :) miss my extra healthy extras! :( xx

Ire-joined a class tonight and apparantely your he b stays the same and he a is icreased where as i thought you got extra of both:cry:so ive been having triple b's and triple a's. :sigh:

I have also discovered the oats so simple original porridge sachets i have each morning are not free either so i have without a doubt been going over my syns every day. M
favourite porridge aswell.

Ire-joined a class tonight and apparantely your he b stays the same and he a is icreased where as i thought you got extra of both:cry:so ive been having triple b's and triple a's. :sigh:

I have also discovered the oats so simple original porridge sachets i have each morning are not free either so i have without a doubt been going over my syns every day. M
favourite porridge aswell.

Did your consultant say that or did it say it in the little pregnancy and breastfeeding booklet? I had to have 4 a's and 4 b's on red or green days or 2 of each (if I remember rightly) on extra easy days. So unless its changed recently then you've been mis informed, I'd double check that hunny xx

Hi i had cheese cheese more cheese lol. Enjoy thoses healthy extras whilst u can n dont even think about skipping them lol. U will loose weight but more importantly ur baby is getting the best! Milkshakes also good if u really cant eat any more especislly with icy cold milk yummy. Ps i probably had more b's than i should have had ;-)

Hi i had cheese cheese more cheese lol. Enjoy thoses healthy extras whilst u can n dont even think about skipping them lol. U will loose weight but more importantly ur baby is getting the best! Milkshakes also good if u really cant eat any more especislly with icy cold milk yummy. Ps i probably had more b's than i should have had ;-)

The consultant briefly went through the pamphlet but didnt seem that confident in what she was telling me so maybe she hasnt really researched sw and bf that much. So iam still a little unsure about how many b, s to have. I suppose aslong as im having enough a, s then sticking to my 1 b wont affect me bf and my supply?

The consultant briefly went through the pamphlet but didnt seem that confident in what she was telling me so maybe she hasnt really researched sw and bf that much. So iam still a little unsure about how many b, s to have. I suppose aslong as im having enough a, s then sticking to my 1 b wont affect me bf and my supply?

Have you got a copy of the leaflet? Have a look through and follow what it says, not what the consultant has said if ahe didnt seem that confident. The b's arent as important as the a's but still rey to eat them as you need to make sure you're eating enough to produce enough milk. Please dont worry about your weight loss, you will still lose weight whilst having the exrra healthy extras, in fact I lost faster and more consistantly when having those than when I stopped! :( xx

Have you got a copy of the leaflet? Have a look through and follow what it says, not what the consultant has said if ahe didnt seem that confident. The b's arent as important as the a's but still rey to eat them as you need to make sure you're eating enough to produce enough milk. Please dont worry about your weight loss, you will still lose weight whilst having the exrra healthy extras, in fact I lost faster and more consistantly when having those than when I stopped! :( xx

In the pamphlet it reads;

Out of the total, three or prefarably four should be from the milk and cheese section.

So at present i am allowed 6 and ideally up to 4 should be a's

I like my porridge so was wondering if anyone could share what brands of porridge they eat that are syn free.

Thanks..x

Back