Breastfeeding and Slimming World

In the pamphlet it reads;

Out of the total, three or prefarably four should be from the milk and cheese section.

So at present i am allowed 6 and ideally up to 4 should be a's

I like my porridge so was wondering if anyone could share what brands of porridge they eat that are syn free.

Thanks..x

I just use plain porridge oats. Mix with milk and put in microwave for 2 minutes and its done! :) cheaper than oats so simple etc as you can get the home brand xx

I just use plain porridge oats. Mix with milk and put in microwave for 2 minutes and its done! :) cheaper than oats so simple etc as you can get the home brand xx

I agree cheap as chips for massive own brand bag of oats best bfast ever! I also add teaspoon of cinnamon to mine

Hiya, can I join?? I'm currently still pregnant (nearly 35 weeks) and researching for once baby is born!! Looking forward to losing the baby weight as I have gained around 24lb so far and was a stone more than I wanted to be before I got pregnant!
Its interesting to read how some of you have actually found it harder to lose weight while breastfeeding because of the hunger!
I'm planning on getting some good recipes on here and batch cooking now before baby arrives so I have some healthy food in when I'm sleep deprived and can't be bothered!! Did it take you all a while to get your head around the SW plan? I'm thinking of doing the EE plan to start with...

Sorry for all the questions!!
Kerry xx

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I am back on the healthy eating wagon again lol
I just had my baby boy 8 weeks ago (nearly 9 now!) and I am breastfeeding exclusively :) so I just want to thank the lady starting this thread and all the helpful advice through it :D xx

Hi everyone. Been watching this thread from afar. But think I should make my self be known so I can get motivation!!!

I am bf my now 4 week old bubba. Actual say he's 1 month day!!' ?.

I started SW week before last and lost 4lbs this week. However since weigh in I'm struggling as feeling extra hungry and unsatisfied with everything I eat.

A friend told me when she did it she ate 4 bacon 5 eggs and half tin of beans for brekkie!!! Lol otherwise would snack!!!

I can't eat that much but will try the bigger breakfast theory as was only having 35g of porridge!!!!

Tomo is a new day!!!!'

Make sure you're using your extra healthy exres hunny. You get 4 of each on red or green days, so that way you can have 70g of porridge which will be 2 hxb's and still have 2 hxb's left for something else dependant on which olan you choose. I did mostly green in the early days as pasta and potatoes filled me so much more, so yiu could have two jacket potatoes with 70g cheddar and a tin of beans qnd still have another two hxa's left. I used to have a milkshake every night with a pint of milk to make sure I was getting all my healthy extras! Wish I could still have all those extras now :( good luck to you hunny. If you cant manage big meals then do little and often. As long as its free or super free food you're snacking on you'll lose weight xx

Great thank you. I had a better day yesterday.

Am following extra easy so I don't have to think about it too much. So being 1 month old I'm getting 5 heb( 3a. & 2b).

So had 70g porridge and 250ml milk, 30g at lunch & again for tea.

The porridge was great. Filled me till 11.30 ish.

So will try that again tomo!!!

Also how did you make milkshake? I love milkshskes!!!

Ah glad the extra porridge filled you hunny! Well for milkshake I used my syns, so would use my hxa of milk then either use crusha for a plain flavoured milkshake, or if I wanted to do an extra special one id use a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it (about 5 syns If I remember right) with a 2 finger kitkat or some other small syn bar blended into it. It made it just like the ones we have at th1w milk bar in town (they do it with any chocolate you like) but it was within syns so was 'legal' on slimming world! :) they were amazing! :) xx

Wow! Sounds awesome!!

Yes saw crsuha did a low sugar one. Doesn't look like my tesco stock it. Bit I got normal crusha in the house, so ill work out how many mld I need to make a decent milkshake!!! Brill thanks!!!

Hello Ladies

Well I had my baby girl on 15th April and re-joined SW two weeks ago have lost 6.5lbs so far which is fab but I struggle with the syns I love chocolate ! I'm not bothered about crisps or biscuits etc just chocolate.

I'm following the extra easy plan and get 3 extra a's and 3 extra b's which is great but don't often use them all which I probably should. I'm a huge milk fan as couldn't love without my milk or cheese !

Any good recipes for BF mums ?

Many Thanks :)

Hi and congrats hun. What about choc milkshake or hot choc using ur a choices? Hifi bars or alpen lights were a godsend to munch on when boobing lol. N yep im still bfing my son n hes showing no signs of stopping either bless him hes even more booby obsessed with teething

Hi ladies, hope you're all well? Im pleased to say that im expecting again! Im 9 and a half weeks and due around 22nd february :) xx

Thabks ladies! It was a big (but very happy) surprise, as we get married in just under 6 weeks! Good job id slimmed into my dress and had a little extra room, think im going to need it now! We're going to try to keep it a secret until the wedding and announce it then :) xx

Hi everyone, ive just joined, i have 2 boys my youngest is Lucas whom i am BF and he is 6 months, i am desparate to lose weight as i am 4 stone from my goal weight and 2stone heavier then when i had lo! IVe been doing sw for a couple of days and so far its been great, obv with BF you get so hungry and its great not to be restricted as to how much you can eat! Can anyone suggest some good quick snacky low fat yummy things for when im peckish in the eve and fed up with fruit and yoghurts? Charlenex

I'm always snacking on slices of ham. I'm still breastfeeding my youngest she's almost 9months now and lost almost 2 and half stone since march

Back