Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hi buzi, after my last baby I lost 8.5st. I've had another baby and I'm still 5st down (7 from my heaviest ever). I had a section this time too and diabetes and right now despite eating well my scales won't budge but I'm sticking at it because they will eventually. My baby was born in jan. :)

Sw advice, pile your plate high with veg, snack on fruit veg and yogurts. Have good meal portions so you don't go hungry and measure your healthy extras. And see it as a way of life. It doesn't happen overnight but in a year you could be at target and that year roll fly by! You can do this!!! :-D

How many healthy extras do you have each day. My baby was born in January too and is still exclusively bf. I tend to use 2 from each a and b. I should be using 3 of each but feel kind of guilty. My consultant wasn't sure, she thought I only needed an extra a for calcium! Since she said that I'm feeling like I shouldn't have them all. What way do you find best weight loss?

How many healthy extras do you have each day. My baby was born in January too and is still exclusively bf. I tend to use 2 from each a and b. I should be using 3 of each but feel kind of guilty. My consultant wasn't sure, she thought I only needed an extra a for calcium! Since she said that I'm feeling like I shouldn't have them all. What way do you find best weight loss?
Hiya. I joined SW in June and was given a guide to healthy eating whilst BF. It says you should have:

baby up to 2 months old: 5 HE on Extra Easy / 7 HE on Green or Original
baby 2-3 months old: 6 HE on Extra Easy / 8 HE on Green or Original
baby 4-6 months old (if starting to wean): 5 HE on Extra Easy / 7 HE on Green or Original
baby 4-6 months old (if exclusively BF): 6 HE on Extra Easy / 8 HE on Green or Original
baby over 6 months old (when weaning/providing solid food with BM): Extra Easy as normal plus one additional 'a' choice / 5 HE on Green or Original

Out of the total, 3 or preferably 4 should be from the milk and cheese section. (You need almost twice as much calcium when BF!)

They also recommend that you use the full 15 Syns a day.

I personally haven't always used all of my Syns as I don't feel that I'm hungry enough to eat them, but I do sometimes worry about my supply. Would be very interested to hear how others approach all this!

Honestly I can't get away with the extra healthy extras. Last time my consultant was clueless so I only had one extra a and I lost weight. This time on the healthy extras I've plateaud. But this week I've cut out bread and I'm losing. It's different for everyone. I'd say have your allowed healthy extras and see what happens and adjust according to what fits. If you're losing steadily on all of them then enjoy them.

Im on the sliiming world website and it says before 2 months I can have 5 health extras a day. It says to try use the bulk on A choices. But if I wanted 2 B.s and 3 A's, or 3 B's and 2 A's, or 5 A's
Can I do that?

breastfeeding help

Hello I'm new to this site..iv done slimming world before..been to all the groups etc. But this time I'm breastfeeding my son exclusively he is 4 months old..i don't have time to get to the groups anymore. Would anybody have any advice for how many hex a n bs I should be having. Xx tia

Hi elbel, I posted the full list above (#1682) if you need extra info but for an exclusively breastfed 4mo you're looking at:

baby 4-6 months old (if exclusively BF): 6 HE on Extra Easy / 8 HE on Green or Original
Out of the total, 3 or preferably 4 should be from the milk and cheese section.
They also recommend that you use the full 15 Syns a day.

Hope that helps!

Also, I don't know whether any of the 'extended' breastfeeders who posted over the summer are still going, but I've just joined the club. My little one is now 14mo and we're still going with feeding - and I'm still following the 2 HEa and 1 HEb allowance on Extra Easy. Started to really count my syns now though as I sometimes think I'm eating more than I need when I try to use all 15. My consultant says some people who relax and allow themselves all of their syns do end up losing more weight but I can't see how that would work! I haven't tried Green or Original days but guess I'd still go for 5 HEs, aiming for 3 or 4 to be HEa and 1 or 2 HEb.

How is anyone else in this position getting on? My weight loss has become much more steady recently and I'm wondering whether the BFing is linked (although my 14mo insists on having quite a few feeds each day at the moment).

Hi! I'm a vegetarian and breastfeeding my 20 month old. With green having been cut I can never decide what to do! I've been attempting to get a 1/3 speed food in but struggle a bit and having 1-2 of both hex a and b each day. Does that seem reasonable? or would you be having 2-3 as? I'm loosing well.

Hey - I am joining a local group tonight, just seeing the above posts, I am a veggie too with an almost 6 month breastfed baby. Im a little worried if some people are finding it hard to follow as I don't know anything about SW as never been before but have a good 4 st to lose at the moment :/

Hi ladies, any breastfeeding mummies around my little girl is 11wks.

I'm exclusively feeding and really enjoying it! I'm up about 7lbs so want to get back on plan.

Here's Evie

View attachment 179290

Yep - no longer exclusively BFing as my little boy is 10 months so on solids too but he'll only drink breastmik and only direct from the source!
I'm getting married in May so want to lose the last pregnancy stone that isn't shifting and maybe a little extra too.
Evie's beautiful by the way :)

We
Yep - no longer exclusively BFing as my little boy is 10 months so on solids too but he'll only drink breastmik and only direct from the source!
I'm getting married in May so want to lose the last pregnancy stone that isn't shifting and maybe a little extra too.
Evie's beautiful by the way :)

Well done on breastfeeding for 10mths, I'm back to pre preg weight but I've still a few stone over weight. Congrats on the wedding- that's great incentive - I'm sure your do it in time. I'm down nearly 5lbs since Saturday.

Evie's baby 4 for us x

Hi everyone - I'm currently BFing my 17.5 month old little girl and I've decided to get back on the Slimming World train! I'm at pre-preg weight, but like Cas3, I'm still a few stones overweight so I'd love to get those off! I got down to 10st a few years ago but then stopped SW and put it all back on!! I'd like to get pregnant again in the next few years so I want slim and healthy to be a lifestyle by then!

Ive just started with slimming world and need to loose at least a stone after the birth of my daughtr. She is my 5th baby. Im currently EBF my 12 week old daughter and ive been on a clean eating diet for the past 6 weeks but have not lost a single pound! I do at least one class at the gym a week. It dosnt seem to matter what I do I am STUCK at 11 Stone 7lb. Every single time I get on the sclaes its 11.7lb. Do any of you find you get stuck whilst breastfeeding or is this plan going to help me? Ive only been doing this 5 days and havent lost anything so far.

I did get to about that weight myself and got a bit stuck - I think your body knows that you're breastfeeding and tries to hold on to a bit more fat. I found the early months really difficult as I was absolutely ravenous!

You don't look old enough to have 5 babies!!!

I'm back having had my second and wondered if anyone found breastfeeding boosted their losses? It gets touted as a way to lost post pregnancy weight but I don't think it's been working for me on its own so here I am!

Back