Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hi all

My lo is 6 weeks today and am breast feeding I love the closeness but its hard at times. I started back to SW last week and weighed and STS this week which I'm happy with considering Xmas and NY. I find I get ravenous with BF need easy to get snacks which are SW friendly!

Kerrie

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm back down to the weight I was before Christmas which is the weight I've been stuck on for about 3 months! I am going to make sure I eat all my HEX's and Syns this week to see how I get on. I really struggle to get my head around eating more will help me lose weight but I guess if I do it for a week and I lose a few more pounds then I will believe it!

My daughter slept very badly last night so I am shattered today so my husband has very kindly said that he will cook dinner AND he's going to do a SW friendly cooked breakfast tomorrow morning! Lucky me :)

I know this is an old thread, but might help other breastfeeding moms. I exclusively breastfed for 9 months and I was 10 stone 12 1/2 when I joined Slimming World 3 months after my baby was born. I had lost all my baby weight in 3 weeks and then put on 5 pounds, so I knew it was time to do something. I went on to lose 16 pounds in 3 months and maintained my target weight after that. I reset my target, because I was getting married and wanted the motivation. I found when I stopped breastfeeding the transition from being able to eat lots to a lot less was difficult and I put on a few pounds but then I got used to it and maintained my weight to wedding. Honeymoon, I put on 5 pounds and lost 3 and Christmas I put on 5 pounds and have now rejoined slimming world and am 1 pound off target.
It really really works and just make sure to eat all your healthy extras and lots of free and super free foods to fill up.

Hey ladies, how's everyone getting on?

I had my first week properly on SW this week after weighing in 1st 0.5lb lighter last week. I weighed tonight and lost 5.5lbs which I'm really happy with! I'm loving all my healthy extras and enjoying lots of cheese and hot chocolate ;)

Breastfeeding is still tough but I think we're making progress. Seth's having a bottle of formula in the evening on occasions but I've started expressing now so hoping to top him up with breast milk instead.

Hope everyone is well xxx

I know this is an old thread, but might help other breastfeeding moms. I exclusively breastfed for 9 months and I was 10 stone 12 1/2 when I joined Slimming World 3 months after my baby was born. I had lost all my baby weight in 3 weeks and then put on 5 pounds, so I knew it was time to do something. I went on to lose 16 pounds in 3 months and maintained my target weight after that. I reset my target, because I was getting married and wanted the motivation. I found when I stopped breastfeeding the transition from being able to eat lots to a lot less was difficult and I put on a few pounds but then I got used to it and maintained my weight to wedding. Honeymoon, I put on 5 pounds and lost 3 and Christmas I put on 5 pounds and have now rejoined slimming world and am 1 pound off target. It really really works and just make sure to eat all your healthy extras and lots of free and super free foods to fill up.

That's great work, well done! SW works so well, I have a long way to go to target still but I'm 4.5 stone lighter and that's after a pregnancy so it definitely works :) xxx

Hi girls I'm back. New baby arrived last week. I had a baby girl. Breast feeding is going well but I've got 4st4.5lb to lose to get back to target.

image-3999682410.jpg

I hope all mums and babies are well. X

Hi :)
I've just come across this thread! I have a 9mo little boy whom I have ebf since birth. We've been following Slimming World for 6mths and lost over 4st! The plan is amazing - I love it and my little boy is happy and healthy also. It's nice to read the stories of other successful breastfeeding mamas xx

Hi there,

I have a 16 month old and just had twins a month ago and partially breast feeding but really want to start SW I didn't put on much weight but I'd like to loose two stone. I'm not very good with diets and am terrible with chocolate and drink way too much apple juice so bit worried how I will get on! Also does anyone know if you can buy the hi if bars anywhere other than group? My partner works away so I can't make it to any groups.

Thanks,

Ana

Any other extended breastfeeders here?

My little guy is 14 months and i am still BF him. He doesn't have a huge amount, once in the day a pre bed feed and a couple of snacks in the night (little monkey). I dunno if that is "enough" bf to allow me the extra HEX and the full 15 syns.

Any advice?

Ty in advance!

Hi Louisa- high five for continueing to bf! Im not sure what sw guidelines are, but from how much he's feeding i'd proberly say not (boo!)

I fed LO for 17 mo before she self weaned, but gave up my extra HE's when we were at the same stage as you :) HTH. x

Hi Louisa- high five for continueing to bf! Im not sure what sw guidelines are, but from how much he's feeding i'd proberly say not (boo!)

I fed LO for 17 mo before she self weaned, but gave up my extra HE's when we were at the same stage as you :) HTH. x

Cheers! That is what i kind of thought!

Have been using about 10 syns and allowing an extra hi fi bar as kind of half a HE. And have been doing ok. Only have 12lbs to go so will just keep slogging on!

Any other extended breastfeeders here?

My little guy is 14 months and i am still BF him. He doesn't have a huge amount, once in the day a pre bed feed and a couple of snacks in the night (little monkey). I dunno if that is "enough" bf to allow me the extra HEX and the full 15 syns.

Any advice?

Ty in advance!

Hi! My baby's little still but last time I fed for 2years 2 months and I kept my hex up until about 18 months. I'd say as long as you're losing keep the healthy extras! :)

Ive been working my way through this thread for a while now, didn't wont to post as thought it had stopped really but will start now :). My little girl is. 6 weeks and I'm exclusively breastfeeding her, i followed sw throughout pg and for the first few weeks but the past 2 weeks I've really been struggling and eating everything in sight! Just ben so hungry lol. First day back on it today so far so good :). How are you finding it? X

hi ladies is anybody still in here?

Does anyone find weight going off slower while breastfeeding? I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 20 week little guy. I've done 5 weeks and I've lost 11 lb. Just starting 6th week today. I'm only having 4 healthy extras because I felt 6 was a bit much. I feel everyone else in the class is losing faster. I've a stone to go to target.

Does anyone find weight going off slower while breastfeeding? I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 20 week little guy. I've done 5 weeks and I've lost 11 lb. Just starting 6th week today. I'm only having 4 healthy extras because I felt 6 was a bit much. I feel everyone else in the class is losing faster. I've a stone to go to target.

It's so slow for me too. But that animal just carry on eating healthily. It'll come off and stay off. X

It's so slow for me too. But that animal just carry on eating healthily. It'll come off and stay off. X

Hello all
firstly congratulations to all on your babies and success following - depending which stage you at...

This is my first time on this site but I was so interested in this thread after seeing people who have had so much success.

I am in a very bad position lol
I was 12.5 stones and 5ft 7/8 and then got pregnant and was gaining throughout gradually, however when I heard about loosing weight whilst breastfeeding and also some extra pressures around me, I turned to the king of failure lol.....food.....

I am now weighing after pregnancy 16stones
and am not happy!

HELP people
This slimming world thing is all new to me, so any ideas
whats best to do and whats not
what is easy to cook

I am waiting to get referred for a twelve week trial free on SW
In the meantime I have the books from a friend and want to get ahead a bit .... please advise everyone... :)

My baby was born in March Prem, C-section and stomach has not so nice shape!

Hello all
firstly congratulations to all on your babies and success following - depending which stage you at...

This is my first time on this site but I was so interested in this thread after seeing people who have had so much success.

I am in a very bad position lol
I was 12.5 stones and 5ft 7/8 and then got pregnant and was gaining throughout gradually, however when I heard about loosing weight whilst breastfeeding and also some extra pressures around me, I turned to the king of failure lol.....food.....

I am now weighing after pregnancy 16stones
and am not happy!

HELP people
This slimming world thing is all new to me, so any ideas
whats best to do and whats not
what is easy to cook

I am waiting to get referred for a twelve week trial free on SW
In the meantime I have the books from a friend and want to get ahead a bit .... please advise everyone... :)

My baby was born in March Prem, C-section and stomach has not so nice shape!

Hi buzi, after my last baby I lost 8.5st. I've had another baby and I'm still 5st down (7 from my heaviest ever). I had a section this time too and diabetes and right now despite eating well my scales won't budge but I'm sticking at it because they will eventually. My baby was born in jan. :)

Sw advice, pile your plate high with veg, snack on fruit veg and yogurts. Have good meal portions so you don't go hungry and measure your healthy extras. And see it as a way of life. It doesn't happen overnight but in a year you could be at target and that year roll fly by! You can do this!!! :-D

Back