Breastfeeding and Slimming World

oh i can do most things one handed. im finding my sling invaluable for when alex fussy and doesnt want put down...

Ive got a sling from 'victoria sling lady' (google if interested) ..... ive got mine in pink! Penny loves to snooze in it in a little stroll to our high street! x

Got a ring sling in navy polka dots, and a black one form that same Sling Lady Fern! I prefer the black one. Am debating getting a mai tai at some point too.

Am really glad I rejoined class, been a really good SW week here :) Got the focus back, although I think it helps Alexanders only waking up 2 times a night for feeds now once at 4, again at 7 and then at 8 so it's not too bad at the moment (touch wood) and colic seems to have settled down too.

Lexie_dog well done getting your SW hat back on, it really helps having a support system behind you. I love mei tai slings! They're especially great for back carrying!

ooh off to goggle mei tai!.........

i have first wi tonight....its been great to finally stick to plan and not struggle at all....but i dont feel that ive lost anything ;( will report back later...............

She's absolutely gorgeous fern, and I love the colourful mat she's lying on x

has anyone expierenced any negativity towards them from those who didnt get to/dont bf? :(

YES! It's such a hot button akin to politics and religion IMHO! The worst is when someone sees you breastfeeding and says without you even asking, "Oh, I couldn't breastfeed because blah, blah, blah"...Like they are immediately on the defensive when seeing you breastfeed!

has anyone expierenced any negativity towards them from those who didnt get to/dont bf? :(

Yup. I was feeding Alex and people start jumping in with comments like "after 2 days my milk didn't come in so I had to bottlefeed" I don't argue that it takes 3 days for milk to come in, I leave it.

"Oh you'll ruin him doing that, best give him a bottle or he wont go to anyone else"
Granted there are times when I resent BF'ing because I'm just tied to him all day esp when fussy/cluster feeding. I know that sounds terrible but it's hard to fit in a shower/peeing/eating on days like that, but I say nothing.

It's as if they think you're judging them for not BF'ing. I'm not. To each thier own. I'm doing what *I* think is right for *MY* baby not anyone elses, because it's not my business.

youve both just hit the nail right on the head... it makes me so angry that on the odd occasion they do make me feel guilty for being successful at it..... i just keep thinking i fought so damn hard to get this working for us, i could have given up.. and i felt i would at times but i didnt.. why is it so hard for some to accept.. like i somehow dont understand how hard it is, i certainly do... i just worked hard.

lexie i hear that so often, like you i just say nothing or tilt my head in a compasionate mannor and just say that it was a shame!

It's not so much the comments, it the staring until you've finished that puzzles me. I think in part because there's been SUCH a push on BF'ing from public bodies etc, that it's perhaps an embarrassment or shame thing. It can be pretty daunting to turn round and say you don't WANT to BF because you're then judged as not accepting "breast is best" and what kind of mother are you if you don't want what's best for your child? And some of the posts on forum like MumsNet can get pretty heated on that subject.

So I do understand why some people get defensive and sometimes that defensiveness tips into aggression. Personally as long as your child is clean, fed and cared for I don't see what difference it makes.

In Scotland its illegal to stop a child being breastfed in any public place, which not everyone knows I'm surprised it's not been introduced in England.

Awww its a shame that some people are negative about BFing. I've gotten nothing but encoragement for BFing, everytime I tell anyone I BF exclusively I just about get a gold pin! It's mae me feel really supported and validated. But if I did get negativity it would probably make me feel like needling them a bit about bottle feeding lol! I'm so immature!

What I do get a bit of negativity on is the fact that I refuse to let my baby "cry it out", a lot of mums imply that I'm spoiling her by rocking her to sleep, going to her when she cries etc and like you said it's probably because they feel guilty and defensive about letting their babies cry. I'm sure no mother would willingly let their baby cry. It's usually when they're at their wit's end and sleep deprived and probably have to get to work the next day! Whatever the case is, no one should shove their opinions down other people's throats. People are generally diplomatic with other issues like religion, politics, vegetarianism etc but with pregnancy and childcare, everyone's an expert it seems!

Awww its a shame that some people are negative about BFing. I've gotten nothing but encoragement for BFing, everytime I tell anyone I BF exclusively I just about get a gold pin! It's mae me feel really supported and validated. But if I did get negativity it would probably make me feel like needling them a bit about bottle feeding lol! I'm so immature!

What I do get a bit of negativity on is the fact that I refuse to let my baby "cry it out", a lot of mums imply that I'm spoiling her by rocking her to sleep, going to her when she cries etc and like you said it's probably because they feel guilty and defensive about letting their babies cry. I'm sure no mother would willingly let their baby cry. It's usually when they're at their wit's end and sleep deprived and probably have to get to work the next day! Whatever the case is, no one should shove their opinions down other people's throats. People are generally diplomatic with other issues like religion, politics, vegetarianism etc but with pregnancy and childcare, everyone's an expert it seems!

Lost 6.5lbs this week, thats eating 15 syns daily and 6 HEX's a day, 3A's and 3B's.

Back