Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Fern all of mine were born with dark hair and plenty of it but it all falls out by 3-4 months and grows back fair brown- blonde. Very strange lol. You may start losing hair too, you may notice it while you shower it will seem like a lot but it's just your pg extra hair coming away. 1st time for me and first baby that totally freaked me out! How are you finding being a mum?

Oh and I lost 5.5lb this week. ;-0

OMG well done on your loss ILovecake! WOW :eek:

Do all babies hair fall out? Mine hasn't lost any hair... She did lose some at the back of her hair in that typical smiley bald(ish) patch that most babies have but it's all grown in now.

Not all honey but lots do. All of mine did, not totally but most of it. Your bubba has the lushest hair, love her curls!

i adore being a mummy, its all ive ever wanted and more! shes not hard work, i treasure every precious moment with her!

1.5lb off for me, 7.5 in 2 weeks and first shiny!........meanwhile pennys up from 7.8 at birth to 9 12!! woohoo! still exclusivly bf too. Love it!

pennys photoshoot pics are back, havnt paid for them yet so heres just a sneaky look for you..
324996_270182389670067_166247566730217_933806_1876478319_o.jpg

296066_270675236287449_166247566730217_935931_1091560392_n.jpg

Thanks Cake! Fernie the pics are gorgeous! I've never even considered professional shots lol, bad mama! I've got a good camera and have some really special candid shots though. I should get a couple of professional pics for the mantlepiece shouldn't I?

Rosie's still loving her food! We've graduated to porridge and fruit puree for breakfasts, and yesterday she had pureed lentils and carrots for lunch and dinner was pureed carrot, potato, parsnip and BNS! She loved everything! I've also been giving her a piece of apple or banana after breakfast and yogurt after lunch and she scoffs that too lol! No wonder she needs a bra :D
In a couple of weeks I'll try her on fish and chicken eeeeeeee! I'm so happy and feel so fortunate that the introduction of solids hasn't been a battle. But boy are her poos evil! Lol!

pmsl, evil poopys! go rosie for taking to solids so well... how many hex's to you get now?

my cameras a bog standard cybershot, it has some special lense but who knows! i love her pics.. were getting a big canvas made up! xxxx

:wavey: Hi, I've just started SW now my baby is 7 weeks old. I have 3 stone to loose as I have been using food to replace sleep on top of pregnancy weight.. :sigh: I am hoping breastfeeding and slimming world is going to make loosing the weight easier :)

Can anyone suggest some easy snacks that I can eat as I seem to constantly having my hands full feeding my little hungry boy and have little time to prepare things.
Thanks

Hi snapdraqgon, congrats on your new baby. :) I'd be tempted to make up some cous cous to put in the fridge or batch cook some soup and freezeor make some sw lasagnes and freeze. It may mean a day of cookiung but you'll have a meal you can always pull out to defrost in the morning and just pop in the oven to eat when you are pushed for time.

I tend to snack on alpen lights, velvet crunch, yogurts and fruit. HTH.

I agree with ILoveCake, if you have time one evening make a big batch of soup and maybe some tomato sauce. Tomato sauce is a God send because all you need for a quick meal is to boil some pasta, throw in some superfree veg in with the pasta, drain and mix the sauce in. Done in 15 minutes and incorporates your superfree! You can also use it as a base for a quick bolognaise. Also roast a larger chicken/lamb/pork/beef than usual for your Sunday roast (assuming you have a roast every sunday lol) and you can pick at the leftovers and use bits to make a salad or sandwich.

For snacks always make sure you have lots of fresh fruit to nibble on, free yogurts. Make sure you have some celery sticks, carrot batons, and cherry tomatoes. You can have them with some ham, seafood sticks, smoked salmon etc if you don't have time for a proper meal.

However, what I found most helpful is a supportive husband! Without him, SW would be impossible! He gets to enjoy all the yummy food I cook, so I guess that's good incentive to help me out as much as he can lol :D

My DD is 5months and BF. She has around ten feeds a day minimum. How many hexa/b do I get a day? I'm confused lol XX

My DD is 5months and BF. She has around ten feeds a day minimum. How many hexa/b do I get a day? I'm confused lol XX

Depends on if you are introducing solids yet.

According to preg/BF booklet:

If exclusively feeding still 4-6 mos : 4 extra Hexa/b
If starting solids with breastfeeding 4-6 mos: 3 extra Hexa/b

HTH!

Thanks for the ideas, I'll definately be batch cooking this weekend when DH can watch the kids, it'll be nice not to have to scavenge one handed through the fridge.

Hi can I join you on here please?

Im breastfeeding my (huge!) 4 month old baby boy.

Im 10stone 5lb and want to lose a stone.

Ive been doing SW for 5 days and still the same at the moment but 3 days until WI.

Im fully bf my baby boy.

Hi, I posted earlier but since realised that I dont think Im eating properly with SW.
My baby is 4 months, exclusively breastfed and big (21lb 18 weeks old).

Ive been starving all day today and someone suggested it was because I wasnt getting enough Hexs.

Would any of you mind telling me what you eat in a typical day? Especially if you have a 4 month old like me and I can see what Im doing wrong and why Ive been starving all day!

Thank you!

breakfast- 2lots of quakers porrige oats made with milk ( 2xHEA, 2xHEB)
fruit and yog

raw veg snacks (cucumber, carrots etc)

lunch- pasta and sauce packet, added bacon, red onion, cheese 1HEA and a garden salad type thing

tea- tonight i had 'faijitas' chicken in half a pack of old el paso bbq seasoning (5.5 whole pack) .. red, yellow, green peppers and red onion fried in salsa 1/2syn per 2 level tbsp) .. served on little gem lettuce leaves with total 0% yog and homemade egg friend rice (left over brown rice, with 1 egg)

hot chocolate highlights 2syns with squirty cream :) and strawbs

xx

Depends on if you are introducing solids yet.

According to preg/BF booklet:

If exclusively feeding still 4-6 mos : 4 extra Hexa/b
If starting solids with breastfeeding 4-6 mos: 3 extra Hexa/b

HTH!

Ah brilliant thankyou. Yup still exclusively breastfeeding :) XX

FERN YOU HAD BAAAABY! congratulations! XX

Back