Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Aw i love the name its so cute! Hope it all went ok for you :D

Is anyone else struggling to use all the hex's or is it just me? :/ xx

same, some days i end up following the plan as usual, just cos im trying to focus more on eating proper food than just snacking and using the extra HE's.. so for example if i had stirfry with steak and wholemeal noodles for lunch and mixed bean chilli with brown rice for tea with cheese, and id had cereal bars fro breaky i havnt used any of them? x

I lose 1.5 lbs this week, pretty pleased - not completely following SW but eating healthy and not too much crap - just one naughty food like a bag a crisps a day. Doing really well as I don't think about food like before as my attention is diverted on to the baby which is a great distraction :)
I have decided to properly do SW after six weeks when my body is back to normal and going to start doing Davina the power of three, three times a week after six weeks when my body returns back to normal :)

Can anyone help me please?

For lunch I had a 4 egg omelette with ham, 42g low fat cheese and cherry toms, followed by a banana, a pear and an apple. That was at 12.15pm. At 1pm im hungry.

Its constant. My baby is going through a growth spurt. Im following the diet to the word, 11 days inand Ive GAINED 0.5lb, Im constantly hungry and my consultant has been as helpfulas a chocolate fire guard.

Please, has anyone been in the same boat? I really wish someone could relate to this.

I know how you feel! When my baby went through a growth spurt I was literally eating round the clock. If you've been following the plan to the letter and you've still gained, you may just need to ride it out until your baby stabilises. The point of a growth spurt is to stimulate your body into producing more milk to accommodate growing baby so you'll need more food to do that. Just keep eating SW friendly food and when your baby's spurt is over you'll probably lose a big chunk of weight!

I. CANT. STOP . EATING.

I had 3 dinners last night. I'm like a bottomless pit at the moment. I've gained too (2.5lbs) but it will even out in a wee while, it's got to and Alex is 12 weeks now and sleep pattern out the window and cluster feeding again, plus he's refusing a bottle of expressed milk so it's constantly 'mummy' delivery system.

I'm shattered. Have started co-sleeping so he can feed whilst I'm lying down and that seems tp help a wee bit.

Just eat as much on plan as you can, it will pass, but will start again at growth spurts. I'm finding soup especially thick soup a godsend at the moment.

Can anyone help me please?

For lunch I had a 4 egg omelette with ham, 42g low fat cheese and cherry toms, followed by a banana, a pear and an apple. That was at 12.15pm. At 1pm im hungry.

Its constant. My baby is going through a growth spurt. Im following the diet to the word, 11 days inand Ive GAINED 0.5lb, Im constantly hungry and my consultant has been as helpfulas a chocolate fire guard.

Please, has anyone been in the same boat? I really wish someone could relate to this.

Hiya,

I know how you feel, I've always had an inner battle trying to lose weight while breastfeeding. I spoke to my gp about it once and she said you go one of two ways, it's either easy to lose weight or your body wants to hold onto fat in stores in case you need to feed your baby in a famine.
I'm not sure if she was trying to make me feel better or not but it did seem that way for me. This time I seem to be able to do it but I do have weeks where I have small gains but they go the next week. Know that you are on plan and believe that over time it will work. Maybe look at your weight loss monthly rather than weekly as an overall picture.

Good luck, I know how hard it is when baby has a growth spurt, your milk will stabilise again though and it will be easier to stay on plan.x

I spoke to my gp about it once and she said you go one of two ways, it's either easy to lose weight or your body wants to hold onto fat in stores in case you need to feed your baby in a famine.

At this rate I could be feeding him til he's 40.... lol

Although on evolutionary terms I'm obviously a winner! :D

Thank you. Thank you.

Every day I have a wobnle and think 'this isnt for me. Shall I ditch it and start when hes on solids?' but now Im on it Id feel like a failure to go back to eating food which I *know* wont have me lose weight. At least like this I can hope.

Im glad Im not the only bottomless pit. I think its bad luck for me that I just happened to time my starting if this diet with his growth spurt. Had I known, Id have hung on 2-3 more weeks. Hindsights a wonderful thing!

Thank you for replying.

And thank God for this forum.

Lexi, lol, I did laugh when my doctor said it but it suited me as another fat excuse at the time lol.
My second bubs breast fed for 2years and 1 week at which point I prised him off the breast as he was massive and I soooo wanted a baby girl. I got my bfp the following month.
But I know that feeling, these boobie babies don't want to give up their fab mummy milk!

Sarah, stick with it, you will see results. Choose healthy snacks, eat when you are hungry and you will win this battle. In the long term it will show. x

i can not stop eating today, i express because BF didn't work for me and feel my baby boy having a growth spurt. He drank 100ml in milk this morning in one sitting. I cannot keep up at times and have to use formula to top it up. I ate loads this morning though as a result

Omg im eating loads too! I lost 3.5lbs this week :D I had 2 take-aways and the rest of the time ive eaten as healthily as i can, uing sw more as a guide than sticking to it exactly, as still with free food i get really hungry! It's obviously working for me at the minute. XX

Im so jealous of reading people saying "Ive been naughty this week and still lost X amount."

Ive been angelic with food for 2 weeks and havent lost anything at all.

:(

Sarah - I am the same pretty much, just have really slow loses, I think everybody's different. Have you tried to write down what you are eating? How to mum's cope with sleep?

Yeah Ive been writing it all down. Consultant says it looks fine.

How long have you been doinh SW? How old is your baby? Hope you dont mind me asking!

What did you mean in the last bit about sleeping mums?

Back