Breastfeeding and Slimming World

Hello! Room for a not so little one?

Hi there - just joined so still working my way round the threads. Already found some useful info ref my additional HE's - my consultant told me to just have 1 extra A as she didn't have chance to look it up eek! (I should be having 4....)

Anyhow I'm back on plan after having my 4th little one, first girl so very excited about all the pink stuff. I had already lost a stone before getting pregnant with her so was super pleased to find out that at 4 1/2 mths I'd lost my baby weight and an additional 6 kilos - yeah! However still a long way to go so looking forward to being part of a group that encourages each other like you all seem to.

Here's to some good weight losses and beautiful babies! Xx

Must stop reading baby books - they are so harse and subjective. Only have one book that I read relgiousely as it is structured week-by-week outline baby's development and it is written clearly without judgement. Had to put the baby whisper down as it got me so mad with the sexism division and personal crap that I don;t agree with,grrr - bollocks to the world I am going to do it my way, as long as charles is happy and healthy I don't care about anyting!!!!

dont read baby books,.. i spent the entire week sobbing at week 36 when i began reading 'your baby week by week' ( after birth, not during pregnancy, i loved my pregnancy week by week book!!) and read that i should 'invest in some earphones because no one likes to listen to a baby cry, and that i should expect them to cry between 6-12 hours each day in the first month' .. well i tell you now, because i DIDNT shut her out with music, and i loved and cuddled her, i ONLY had crying when she had a tummy ache. She never cried for food, nappy change and she certainly never had to cry to get her mammas attention. You do it your way honey. You know best. screw the books. x

Hi all
this is my first post so please be gentle.
I started Slimming world on 11th october when my little boy Leo was 6 weeks old. I love the SW/breastfeeding I get to eat so much and still lose 3lb a week!

He is now 13 weeks old and have lost 17lb so far with another weigh in tomorrow.
Also I have been nominated for Miss Slinky , Im not exactly Slinky but its all in good jest.

also today dont know why but Im starving!

welcome honey, congrats on Leo and successful breastfeeding and great losses!!

2lbs on for me this week, i got of lightly, lets leave it at that!!

Hello,

Well not to good bless him, drippling all over the place and screaming most of the time, he has to be held a lot to sooth him and he is not sleeping as much as he normal is, which is quite draining for both him and mummy and daddy. But take him out for a walk later so that should help him get some fresh air and a good sleep in the pram :) He is also drinking tons so think another groth spurt is in the horizon. How is you, any signs yet???? x

Here he is settled for a little while with nana :)

Last edited:
Awwe such a lovely picture! Ive no idea what to do with teething babies....hoping for some tips on here by the time this baby shows himself and hes teething u will be an expert lol!!! Im sure ur doing the right thing giving him lots of cuddles x

I wouldn't call me an expert no where near, lol. You just learn by your experience and you will be exactly the same. I can change nappy etc with my eyes closed now and to think in hospital I was scared to death and havig panic attacks. I think yourv confidence grows with time, so don't panic because it si a lovely being a mum. There is loads of info on the net, books and pharmarcy as well as your HV so you won't be in the dark. x

Hi everyone! For those that havent seen on pg thread im now a very proud mummy to Daniel Anthony Monaghan born 3rd Dec at 00:44 weighing 7lb7oz. Omg hes gorgeous n such a happy contented baby, he really is amazing! Im managing to get sleep n we've both took to breastfeeding really well.....im on cloud 9! <3<3<3<3

Here r a couple of pics

ForumRunner_20111206_012948.jpg

2011-12-06 00.59.08.jpg

ForumRunner_20111206_013036.jpg

Love the pic of Daniel snuggling with his dad - so sweet! Congratulations jojo you sound so happy, I'm so happy for you xxx

Well done Fern! I weighed myself yesterday n lost 1 stone 2lb!!! Was in shock lol .Just gotta get rid of these massive fat feet now n i think i could well be back to my prepreg weight very soon! Yay! Im back at SW next mon, providing im still doing well with bf'ing. Dan has some presents waiting for him. One of the ladies came for a visit yesterday with a hand knitted cardi that she'd done from finding out i was pg, how sweet is that?

Bit of a mad question.........were any of u horny in first few days pmsl? Gotta be my hormones lol i keep snogging my husbands face off!!!! x

JoJo congrats! He's gorgeous!

And no - first few days I wasn't horny, I could barely sit without copious amounts of padding and painkillers. The joy of forceps and stitches.

I 'made myself' have sex before 6 weeks check up so we could see if there were any problems though, beyond that hubs seems to be on strike to be honest so I've given up for the moment.

Heehee...... Think my hormones are in overdrive, been upset at slightest thing tho think hubs is tired n is snappy!!! Im frightened to death of having sex im still quite sore down there n its a big hole atm lol. Err yeah why does noone mention how much blood you loose after!!!! Its calming down now thank god.

Cant wait to see mw tomoz......need her to check his belly button.......anyone else freaked out with it? Panicked when i bathed him it looked like it was gonna come off n then again today when changing him......blah! Think its cos its bloody n looks sore, poor little man. X

Back