Breastfeeding and weight loss

lucyt8

Hi all - it's been a few years since I dropped by. I successfully lost 5 stones... and then had two babies in as many years, I've now gained back 4 of those stones through pregnancy!! Anyway I'm breastfeeding my 7 week old (well, exclusively pumping because he won't latch) and I'm ready to get this weight off. Problem is I am insanely hungry ALL THE TIME, and 4am is just the worst. Any tips for easy but healthy middle of the night snacks I can eat with one hand?! Has anyone else struggled to lose weight while breastfeeding? Everyone always says "oh it'll fall off you!"But with my eldest son I didn't lose a single pound until he started solids at 6 months!

Hmm - I can only tell the story of completely failing with this when I had my daughter. I nursed for a long time & was always hungry - and ended up the fattest I have ever been :sigh:

With the benefit of hindsight, the problem was I didn't know which foods made me hungry & which really satisfied me. I now know that eating more bread, sugar, sweets just made me hungrier.....Even fruit would make me starving (I'm very carb sensitive). So my goto list now would be cold sausages & cheese for the middle of the night....

So if you know what made you feel good/full beforehand & what tended to set you off - use that to feed yourself:)

good luck!

Back