Extra Easy Breastfeeding - in Switzerland

DoingItRight

Hello All!

So..... I had a previous diary and all was going well with shedding the pounds.

I've been AWOL since finding out I was expecting (unplanned) however, it really came at a good time I can't complain.

Last time I started SW when I was breastfeeding my daughter and I kicked myself for not starting sooner. Tomorrow my lil man is 4 weeks old and I want to get things to a good kick off.

General update : I had a horrible 1st semester ...lost like 1st then slowly added weight after then back to pre SW weight. I am glad I didn't exceed that.

Tomorrow I'll weigh in to know exactly where I stand for my journey ahead. Need to get back to good eating habits.my son is a cluster feeder and it has created a crazy appetite for me so I need to be reaching out for the right things with some planning.

I look forward to catching up on the diaries out there to get inspiration/motivation as well as give. maybe even encounter the friends I had before I went AWOL

Day 1

Weigh in : 13st 3

Breakfast

40g Oats(HEB), 250ml milk (HEA), Activia Yogurst (6), half a banana & Cuppa Tea.

Syning my yogurt high as it's a swiss flavour so guessing the

Lunch

Omelette : 2 x eggs, dash of milk, onion, peppers, fry light & side of spinach
1xPear, 7xcherries

Afternoon tea

Cuppa Tea & 57g wholemeal bread(HEB) with Jam (2) & butter (1.5)

Dinner

Bolognese: Beef Mince, onions, garlic, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, stock cube, tom purée (0.5)

Spaghetti & 28g cheddar cheese (HEA)

Will edit as day goes by

Total: 2 x HEA, 2 x HEB, 10 Syns

As I am breastfeeding a baby less that 2months I'm allowed a total of 5 HE

Last edited:
My BMI is currently through the roof at 33.3 so my first goal is to get to a healthy BMI. To make it into the healthy zone I need to be 10st.

10st is my first goal and so am not setting a particular deadline as such but would like by Christmas to be as near as possible.

However it's always nice to challenge myself. My sister in law is getting married Aug 19...9 weeks away and I would love to have lost 1st or as close as possible.

Anyone have any advice on what I am eating please pitch in with any advice...greatly welcomed.

Last time I breastfeed my daughter I shed a lot of hair like really lots i ended up shaving my hair off. Maybe I could have avoided it by taking vitamins so I am taking some pregnancy vitamins this time round hope they don't interfere with my weight loss.

Day 2

Day 1 went well, was wondering why I wasn't reaching for fruits before instead of biscuits(my cript tonight).

On Saturday we have a BBQ invite so will try to eat as well as possible should be mostly meats and salads but will try not to use all my SYNS to accommodate any unexpected extras.

Breakfast
40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk (HEA), half Banana, Active Yogurt (6)

Snacks

half an apple, Cherries, Blueberries

Lunch
Bulgur wheat, 2 x boiled egg, sweetcorn, stock cube, 10g butter (2.5)

Snack

Kiwi & half an apple

Dinner

Lentils: onions, garlic, garam masala, tomatoes, stock cube, fry light with a pork steak

Snack
Cuppa Tea

Total: 1xHEB, 1xHEA,8.5SYNS

I had a good lunch which I guess meant not reaching to use my other HEs

Last edited:
Day 3

Didn't sleep so well but still got to push through the day.

Breakfast

Overnight Oats: Activia yogurt(6), 40g Oats(HEB), half banana, 250ml milk (HEA), Cuppa Tea.

Snack
Coffee(1), half apple & blueberries

thanks to overnight oats I have plenty of Milk left for a good old coffee. I don't have any sweeter but its on the list. Today syn goes to brown sugar which I luckily have indoors.

Most of the time when I cut up fruit my 2.5yr old also has some so I don't tend to eat all portions by myself

Lunch
Leftover lentils & Rice, half pear & watermelon slices

Snack
Tea & 57g wholemeal bread(HEB), Butter & Jam(2)

Dinner

Salad:wholemeal pasta, lettuce, cucumber, cottage cheese(1.5) &Beef

TOTAL: 2 x HEB, 1 x HEA, 10.5SYNS

Last edited:
DAY 4

Feeling frustrated, trying to Study for an exam I have in two weeks time.I am doing my MA an need to do a statistics exam which is done on an IBM programme but encountering issues with my laptops and need a sound laptop that can handle the programme. Today I had set aside the day to be revising this but can't as need to speak to IT dept...and what do you know they are not open as today is a holiday.

So will use the day studying for my Marketing exam...but still can't focus as I was so set to work on the other subject and worried if I will have it working in time for exam on 26th.

On top of studying still got to deal with my LOs...dont know where the time as gone and I feel I haven't done anything .

I say bring on the end of the month when I am done with exams, I can fully enjoy my kids and this scorching summer.

Grump over........

DAY 4

Breakfast

40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk (HEA), Activia yogurt (6), Banana & Tea

That was my last active, I asked hubby to get low fat natural yogurt he totally ignored the low fat part. Anyway won't waste it just got to syn it...then ill go by the low fat stuff myself...hehehe

Lunch

75g Wholemeal bread(1.5HEB), 2 x Fried egg(fry light), Baked beans & Coffee(no sugar today...I drink sugarless tea need to kick habit with coffee)

Snack
Pear

Dinner
Enjoyed my evening salad yesterday so going to have something similar. So my cottage cheese I finally figured out is low fat not fat free.

Salad: Cottage cheese (.5), lettuce, cucumber,sweetcorn,boiled potatoes with BBQ chicken (4)

Total = 2.5 x HEB, 1 x HEA, 10.5SYNS

Last edited:
Day 5

Breakfast

Overnight oats:40g Oats(HEB),Banana, cinnamon & 150g low fat natural Yoghurt (1.5) & Tea, 250ml Milk (HEA)

Lunch

Pasta,cucumber. Cottage cheese (1), Coca Cola Zero

Was out all afternoon first at doctors for lil ones 1 month appt and he is well. Then we had a wonder in town.

Snacks
Kiwi & Watermelon

Dinner

Beef Burger & 28g cheddar cheese(HEA)
Salad:cherry tomatoes, cucumber & 56g Avocado (5)
Sweet potato fries made in oven with fry light

Snack
Coffee & cherries

As I was out and about today I didn't drink us much tea as usual. I don't use all my milk allowance as said above

Total = 2 x HEA, 1 x HEB. 7.5 SYNS

Last edited:
DAY 6

Wow week has just flown by...feeling good that i have been 100% on plan.

Joys of having two LO is that i wake up tired everyday and with exam luring no time to chill on-top of mummy & wifey schedule.

This evening going to a BBQ and from the first 5 days of my week I have 33 un-used SYNS plus todays allowance which is a nice cushion. However will try make good choices...don't want to ruin my first WI coming up on Monday

Breakfast
40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk(HEA), Banana, cinnamon, Coffee & Cherries

Lunch
57g wholemeal bread(HEB), 2 x eggs, baked beans
cherries & melon

Dinner @ BBQ
I ate well maybe too well with breastfeeding I have an increased appetite these days

Lots of meat
some salad
sweetcorn cob
coca cola zero

Dessert is what ruined me, I had ice cream and come cake.

TOTAL: 2 x HEB, 1 xHEA,

Last edited:
BBQ was wonderful I am sure I ate way more than I should have but not going to let that disappoint journey ahead. BBQ is part of life got to deal with invites / social gatherings.

DAY 7

Breakfast

Banana, Melon, Pear and Coffee, 250ml Milk (HEA)

Lunch
Wholemeal break (1.5 x HEB), Egg fried with fry light, Kiwi, Apple & Tea

Snacks
Cherries

Dinner
Sweet potato fries made in the oven with fry light & tom ketchup (3)
Pan fried turkey (marinated in all purpose seasoning with fry light)
Salad: cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sweetcorn & cottage cheese ( was a mini salad)

Snack
Tea, watermelon

TOTAL: 1 x HEA, 1.5 x HEB, 3 SYNS

I didnt use all my syns in compensation of yesterdays feast. I love my large my HE allowance but i do struggle to use the all...bet ill miss them as they start to reduce down with LO growing,

WI in tomorrow...would love a 2lb lose...that is my aim to take me through to Christmas.

Last edited:
WI 1

-2lbs...I am now 13st1lbs

When Ive done SW before i get higher loses in week1 but after the Saturday BBQ I am over joyed with my 2lbs which keeps me on track

Heres to another week.....unfortunately have another event this week. On Wednesday is a friends birthday...event is not confirmed if it a lunch out or lunch at home

WEEK 2 - DAY 1

Breakfast

40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk(HEA), Activia blueberrie yogurt (4), Banana

Lunch
Wholemeal Pasta, Chopped beef burger, 14g cheddar cheese, 1 x tbsp arabbiatta sauce (3), (0.5 x HEA), Watermelon

Dinner
Salmon, Bulgar Wheat, Salad: cucumber, cherry tomatoes, avocado (2.5), 3 x tsp cottage cheese

TOTAL: 1 x HEB, 1.5 x HEA , 9.5 SYNS

Last edited:
WEEK 2 - DAY 2

Breakfast

40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk (HEA), Activia yogurt(4), Banana, Coffee

Snack

Watermelon

Lunch

Beef Burger, Wholemeal Pasta, sauce:fry light, onions, garlic, passatta & 14g cheddar (0.5 HEA)

Dinner

Chicken, Bulgur wheat, Salad: lettuce, cucumber,cherry tomatoes, 3 x tbsp cottage cheese

Snack
the heat got to me and a I caved and had a ice cream. It was a mini one stick one from Alidi here(cookies and cream) i will liken it to a magnum(13)

TOTAL: 1 x HEB, 1 x HEA, 17.5x SYNS(Oooooops

Last edited:
Week 2 Day 3 &4

Total disaster....I had huge craving and gave in to them unfortunately.

I will wake up tomorrow focused hope fully I can avoid and increase by being good for the last 3 day before the WI.

I am disappointed in myself

WEEK 2 , DAY 5

I am back on it...i hope. Dont know hat came over me...when stuff my face its not because of hunger i must say. Ill put it down to emotional eating with my exams coming up next week and trying to find hours to study with a baby and 2.5yr old is not easy. Bring on 30th when the stress is over.

Breakfast
40g Oats(HEB), 250ml Milk (HEA), Pear, Activia Yogurt(4), Coffee

TOTAL: 1 x HEA, 1 x HEB, 4 SYNS

Back