Breville Slow cooker - not exactly slow.....recipies

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by bigjaco, 13 February 2014.

1. bigjaco

bigjaco Well-Known Member

Hi All

I have a 4.5 litre Breville slow cooker, problem is it doesnt cook slow. Last month i cooked a chilli that should have taken 8 hours but actually on ended up taking about 3 hours in this slow cooker.

Does anyone have one of these?

Also does anyone have any decent slow cooker recipies? has anyone ever donw soup in them?

2. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

3. Sarahslimming

Sarahslimming Well-Known Member

Mine takes 4 hours on high or 8 on low does yours have two settings?
  4. MrsSOS

MrsSOS Well-Known Member

5. bigjaco

Hi Sarah

It has 3 settings Low high and auto and it makes no difference which setting that you choose it still cooks everything stupidly fast, which kind of defeats the point of it really. I have had to buy a timer switch for it to control it.

MrsSOS - great ill have a look!
  6. Sarahslimming

Sarahslimming Well-Known Member

How strange! I'd get in touch which breville incase its a fault as it does kind of defeat the point
  7. bigjaco

Its the 3rd one i have had, so i think its just one that cooks faster
  8. Mrs CC

Mrs CC Well-Known Member

Mine's morphy richards one, generally the stuff is 'cooked' within 4 hours on medium and then it's just a matter of stuff staying warm and softening up. Like yesterday I did a gammon in it which was cooked by lunch time but I left it in until tea time so it was nice and tender.
  9. mumpsimus

mumpsimus Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same as Mrs CC. Mine (Crockpot) cooks everything well by about 4 hours and then the next four hours seems to soften things up and make the house smell nice, lol.

If you think it's overcooked by 8 hours then I'd get in touch with Breville because it's not doing what it is supposed to do!