Briar Rose's Journey!

I second Liz on the fact that your ok x. Soooooo proud you went for an extra bar than go off plan after that day!! It is best to get rid but what will you get if you try and sell in it's current condition?? It's a bloody awful situation Hun. Keep your chin up I'm sure a solution will arise x.

And keep on plan x

Thirded! Oh my goodness, so scary. Well done for staying on plan too :hug99: xx

Thankyou so much everyone for your kind words. I have had an awful few days so haven't been on here much.

Anyway we are getting rid of the car. After 2 mechanics couldn't find what was wrong it wouldn't start at all since yesterday. We are in the AA so I called them out this morning and the chap found out what was wrong with it. There was corrosion on a small part that led to an injector. He sorted it and it has been fine since.

We have been this afternoon to a garage in town, seen a car we like and have arranged to part ex it. They said it should all go through by thursday or friday. Wooo hoooo!!!!!

Im still hesitant to drive this car and feel Ive lost confidence in it now. This isn't the first time we have broke down. So Im going to drive my hubbys van for the next few days.

Diet wise we went for a meal last night and it looks like we are going out for tea again today so Ive just got to do damage limitation again. x

well done on damage limitation try and go for low carb and no booze. Pleased tings are looking up on car front.

Nothing worse than having to drive a car u have no confidence in. Glad its all sorted and ur getting a new safe one.:)

Morning Briar, I'm just catching up on everyones diary's. Sounds like you're finally going to get rid of the nightmare car. That will be a weight off your shoulders. This diet can be hard enough without having any added pressure.
Have a great day x

Glad you're getting the car situation sorted! I get so stressed about car, so I know how you feel! At least you'll hopefully feel safer in the new one :0)

Thanks everyone,

You could say I have written off last week. I had a meal out saturday and another yesterday which undid all the good work I did last week. Still I had such a crappy week that I can't complain. I am only going to weigh in this week when Ive actually lost something, so it could be thursday or friday at this rate. We will see!!

On a personal level I feel calmer than I did last week and fingers crossed we should have the car sorted by later on this week. x

Glad to hear you are back in control, good feeling when you see the numbers coming down, look forward to seeing your loss at WI xx:)

Good afternoon Sue, glad you're getting rid of the car and are back on plan again. Stay motivated :hug99: xx

Morning Hun how are you?

Good afternoon Sue, hope you're well :hug99: xx

Hey, hows things with you? any decision on the possible new car? bet you'll be glad to be shot of yours!!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't caught up for a few days but I had my weekend away. We went friday lunchtime and have just come back. We went to Stratford Upon Avon with friends and had a great time.

On the car situation we picked up new car on Friday just half an hour before we went. We part ex'd ours. My FIL used to work for a car manufacturer and he gets a brilliant discount on their cars and we went to see them and they had this car sitting there. We have had a massive discount on top of the discount from FIL so we couldn't resist.

On another note though, I feel really ill. Im going to see docs tomorrow because I feel so bad.
I have been on exante and slim and save for the past 7 weeks so have been low carbing. For the whole weekend I have eaten everything I wanted, bread, cakes, sweets etc and I now feel sick, nauseous and have a brain fog type of headache and a general feeling of being really poorly. I have just been looking it up sand it seems my body can't cope with the carbs I have been eating. I hope its not anything more serious as I have been reading about diabetes and hypoglycemia when I put my symptoms into the computer.
Also I have asthma, and for the past 7 weeks it has been getting progressively better, to the point where I didn't need my inhaler much. Now this weekend my asthmas has been awful, I can't breath very well right now so Im thinking that also has something to do with the carbs and processed food Ive had this weekend.

Anyway Im off to bed now as I feel so bad and hope when I return to lower carbs I will feel better.

Aw hope you're feeling better soon BR, probably is quite a shock to the body if it hasn't been used to carbs, hope doc manages to reassure you x ps great news about the car, one less thing to worry about lol! :)

Good morning Sue, oh my goodness how scary for you. You're certainly having a bad couple of weeks.
I hope the Dr puts your mind at rest, it certainly seems like low carbing suits you.

On a positive note, I'm glad you struck gold with your new motor, take care and good luck at the Drs :hug99: xx

Back