Bridesmaid dilema

gonabslim79

I'm due to be a bridesmaid in may. 3 months to go.

I'm feeling really positive about this diet and want to lose as much weight as possible so we can try for another baby later in the year, plus enjoy summer with a new me.

I have the dress already and though there was a little room for a loss my sis says I can't lose too much as the dress can't go back. As it came from eBay.

I've lost a stone already and you can see it do not sure what to do.

The dress I spose can be taken in but I'm
Not sure how much cos of the style.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Your best bet is to get yourself down to somewhere that do alterations and ask about how much they could take it in if need be! I wouldn't put my weightloss on hold for anyone once i'm in the mindset lol

Most dresses can be altered, I wouldn't worry but I would ask them first then your mind will be at rest.

However, I wouldn't put my life on hold for my Sister's wedding, yes Wedding's are special but they are one day. These changes will change your whole life for the better. Health comes first. x

Thanks guys, just needed other opinions as don't want to be seen to be selfish in wanting to lose more weight and the dress being to big.

I will start to look for someone! What are they called? Seamtresses?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

John Lewis and Debenhams have an alterations department at their Occassion wear, but you will find them in smaller shops and market places aswell. I think they are under "Alterations" now, xx

I don't think your being selfish at all I definately wouldn't stop loosing weight for it, I'm a bridesmaid in July but we haven't got dresses yet. I'm sure your sister will be proud of you for your achievement ! Xxx

Of I was your sister I would be proud of you for shifting the weight, but I can also understand her point of view, as she's already paid for the dress and they can be expensive. Why not offer to pay for any alterations or if needs be a new dress? Xx

Yes I will defo pay for alterations !

Back