Bridies Diary

have been 100 per cent so far this week, made a huge batch of veggie soup, and have cut my syns right back, i just want a few pounds off this week, have made a few meals from the all in one cookbook, my husband keeps complaining i am feeding him slimming food, its taking a while for him to understand its just healthy food, and he can still have his cake crisps and chocolate, i made the beef and bean hotpot today, very good, and a jambalaya from an old issue of slimming world, they were all lovely, i am enjoying this new healthy eating, i just have to make sure i am organised,

feeling really pleased today, tried on some tops that wouldnt meet before, ( i used to wear a black vest top underneath and wear them loose) and they now meet and can be worn alone, hopefully a few more weeks and they will be to big, even though the scales show how much i have lost, i find it hard to see much change but i have to be patient and keep at it,:)

just made a quiche (no pastry) the cottage cheese one it was lovely,, added onions and courgette which i cooked with fry light first, tomatoes on the top,, have eaten half of it, will have the rest tomorrow, all syn free,, this time of healthy eating i am really tryi ng not to sit with cottage cheese and ryvita or salads all the time (nothing at all wrong with above foods i love them) but very boring when i was eating the same most of the time, i thought of them as diet food, so with SW i have been shown i can have all sorts of things, maybe this time it will work......

I am so fed up, i lost 1/2 pound. i walked into the hall tonight thinking "i might get slimmer of the week" and then i step on the scales 1/2 a bloody pound, how am i supposed to keep at this? lots of people were losing 2 to 3 pounds and i am double their weight, surely i should be dropping quicker,, i lost 6 then 51/2 the first 2 weeks so i know it comes off.. i am on loads of medication 37 tablets a day, i am going to see doc and find out if they are stopping me, but i cant stop the meds,, i feel like reaching for some chocolate or cake, but i am not going to, will write everything down and see what happens next week, my husband and daughter are saying that i eat to much that my portions are big, it is free food but maybe i need to look into that, i have porridge every morning with fruit should i leave the fruit, after all it is more calories, going to forget about it for today and go to bed with my book, :(

New day new week, been chatting to some friends about Slimming World, and it appears that I may have taken the free food to literally, if calories were added up some days totals were much to high. so writing my food diary from today.

Breakfast. porridge Heb milk Hea 1/2 banana
Snack. clementine
Lunch. bowl of homemade speed soup and a mullerlite toffee yougurt frozen
Dinner. jacket potato pineapple cottage cheese 200g = 2 syns salad (rocket toms beetroot) 2 level tbsp light salad cream = 2syns
Snack. clementine
total syns 4

surely cutting back this far should show a good weightloss for my size? another problem is i cannot exercise, well i can do a bit on the exercise bike, but my brain problems affect my mobility big time, aiming to get up from sofa in the evening when adverts come on and walk up and down my stairs, it doesnt sound much but its more than i was doing, i use a walking stick and my walking is very very slow. surely anything more than i was doing before will help,

sunday evening just had salmon, cous cous and salad, am finding that the food i am eating is satisfying and so pleased that nearly nine weeks in and still feel so positive. have been checking my syns very carefully as i slipped up a coouple of times, chinese ster fry sauce was 28 what a surprise, cant wait for weigh in, i have kept a food diary so will find out whats going on.

just back from weigh in and i lost 4.5lbs i am delighted.... slimmer of the week and am already looking forward to next week, i think i will keep a log of what i eat every week as it worked :)

Oh dear, just got back from the pub, also went out last night, Bacardi x ?..... but i did have it with diet coke!! hope the damage isnt to bad.....

today was good until after dinner. i ate a piece of my sons birthday cake, i only had a small slice but didnt have any sins left, but it was lovely, and before SW i probably would have had two or three slices, so progress is being made.

made the quiche with the pasta today lovely. had smoked haddock new potatoes and sprouts, and i will have a frozen yogurt later, oh and porridge with a banana for breakfast

I bought myself a gadget to tone neck and jawline, was a bit dubious but have only used it twice and neck feels so much better, it doesnt look any different yet, its early days i have hope.... my neck after losing weight is starting to look odd, vertical lines and stretchy, turkey neck is what my lovely husband called it! i have been doing exercises but thought i would give this a try, have told him that a neck lift will be on my list if this doesnt work!! i still have a lot of weight to lose, so i really dont want this getting any worse. i have even bought lifting serums which i have always thought didnt work but i will give anything a try. if anyone reads this and has an answer please let me know, almost thinking my face and neck looked better before the loss. had a night out last night, went to Bristol hippodrome to see Blood Brothers,, it was brilliant, laughed and cried, i would even go again and i never do that. everyone was eating and drinking, and i was very good although i did have two werthers original, couldnt believe it when i checked just now, 1.5 syns each, well just off to have another go at the neck.

another 2lb off and slimmer of the month.. i am so happy, 11 weeks and still going strong, i keep waiting for it to all go wrong, but my focus and motivation are still very strong,, well two months of the year gone i dont think i will manage it all in one year but it is still possible,

have had a good week and not to many syns, really hoping for a 3lb loss making 2.5 stone but anything will do as long as its off.... always feel peckish on a sunday dont know why? so have to really watch myself. also started thinking today of how long its going to take and started feeling down, but hey must stop this and take each week as it comes, of course it will take a long time its a lot of weight! didnt gain it overnight! still using neck thingy>> neck hasnt got any worse but cant say i can see much improvement although it feels better.

weigh in this evening, i dont worry about it really, but you never can tell what those scales are gonna say... but i have had a good week so hope it shows... saw some friends i havent seen in a while, they said i look really well, and one son and my daughter both have said my neck is looking better, hurrah, will keep using it then, i felt so hungry yesterday, and i dont know why? i picked a lot, but luckily only ham and cheese triangles, if i wasnt going to slimming world tonight who knows what might have happened, who am i kidding we all know, i would have eaten anything,,,,, and lots of it, this is where Sw really helps me, on Sunday or Monday i wont have many syns, and not pigging out yesterday has made me feel great today.. its been easier than i thought but not easy.. hopefully new habits are forming, and i actually enjoy my meals so much more now, wouldnt it be lovely if my addiction to cheese and chocolates changed to cauli and sprouts....

I did it.. lost 3lb got my shiny shiny two and a half stone sticker!! now going for the 3,,, a lot of good losses this week, and a greatest loser, a man who has lost 5 stone 13lbs, is it possible i can get getting such good results 3 a week would be brilliant, a few weeks back i only lost half a pound, but things are looking better, i realise it will slow, but a woman in my group tonight only has 5lb to target and she lost 3.5. i always thought that when you dindnt have much to lose it really slowed down, i hope i am wrong....

the weeks fly by! weigh in again tonight, stuck to plan so we shall see what happens... sorted through my wardrobe most of the clothes in there were to tight a few weeks ago so pleased that a bigger percentage of it is now wearable... then i found a top that i have had ages and has never fit. (one of those i will shrink into it moments) i tried it on to see how close i was, and it fit... wow really surprised as most of my biggest clothes still fit, looser but not quite falling off yet, so i then attempted a black bag from the loft space, and took out clothes from yesteryear!! well first i removed stuff that i would never wear even if it fit (what was wrong with me?? why did i buy them) then found that all the rest fit but very very tight actually that means they didnt fit ha ha but i got them on me!!!! so every month will keep trying, i really dont want to get any new clothes until a lot more has gone, cant afford to keep buying..

Back