Britains got talent???

I was gutted for the 14year old singer, but he's got so much talent, he'll make it anyway - Cowell won't let that one slip away!

But I'm delighted that Paul Potts got through. Bless that man! He'll have the whole damn nation in tears!

xxx

BTW, a little brag here. The free runners (which is what my son does) are good...but not as good as my son's team:D

My lad (aged 15) does this sort of thing every day. It's very scary to watch:eek:

Scary alright, funny as I was thinking when I watched it, how terrifying it would be if your own child did that - didn't realise yours did KD, gawd I don't think I could bear to watch. Have to admire their skill but didn't think it transferred to a stage set particularly well.

I was gutted for the 14year old singer, but he's got so much talent, he'll make it anyway - Cowell won't let that one slip away!

Agree wholeheartedly Isobel, I really wanted this lad to get through, he was so lovely as well as incredibly talented. As the monkey act was so poor, was even more annoyed he was not put through, would have rathered the big dance group go through.

But I'm delighted that Paul Potts got through. Bless that man! He'll have the whole damn nation in tears!

xxx

What a star, I haven't yet watched him without crying, what a voice and what a talent to have kept to himself all these years.

I was disappointed by the monkey act.....the first time I saw it I was rolling on the floor......it was so funny.

I think monkey boy is a one-hit wonder. Great novelty value when you first see it, but you just can't sustain the joke, methinks.

Not real talent, in my book.

I did like the dance troupe too actually, so was surprised that they didn't make third in the voting but that's showbiz!

xxx

LOL KD - when I was watching these chaps, I thought 'oh they're not as good as that little lad of KD's in his video - they're too long in the tooth for all that malarkey!!'

xxxx

LOL. That's what I thought :D Waaayy too old;) DS2 was okay in the video, but he's much better now he's just that little bit older and has been practising for hours each day.:rolleyes:

Scary alright, funny as I was thinking when I watched it, how terrifying it would be if your own child did that - didn't realise yours did KD,

Yes, it's really scary to watch. He goes down the beach and people give him a wide berth:D You're right that it doesn't transfer well on the stage.

I think monkey boy is a one-hit wonder.

Agreed. Don't know whether anyone remembers the programme "
When will I be Famous". They had my favourite 'boy band' Libera (kiddy choristers from London) on there. They are well known elsewhere in the world, but not in in the UK.

They lost in the finals to the Slinky Man :( I was gobsmacked!!

The Slinky Man went on America's Got Talent not too long ago, and was 'buzzed off' in seconds. Just goes to show how odd voting can be. Won the finals here, and couldn't even get to the 2nd round there.

We're a funny old nation, I think. There's no accounting for what will tickle us or grab our hearts, sometimes.

Mind you - I was ashamed of the audience when they booed the Madonna lady. I mean, I know she was pants and all that, but to be the only act that was booed must have been terribly upsetting for her - bless.

xx

We're a funny old nation, I think. There's no accounting for what will tickle us or grab our hearts, sometimes.

Mind you - I was ashamed of the audience when they booed the Madonna lady. I mean, I know she was pants and all that, but to be the only act that was booed must have been terribly upsetting for her - bless.

xx

It was awful to watch and so unfair of the judges to put her through just to be laughed at, she was never going anywhere.

I want Paul Potts to win. What a great talent! He gives me goosebumps to listen to him, and a lump in my throat to see his little face when everyone claps and appreciates his performance. Angela x

Fingers crossed for the bloke who sang with the guitar who lost his brother and the little 6 year old!!

M.

Gutted Tony didn't get through....how amazing is his voice:cry:and such a gent

Yeah, I thought he was better than Connie but she's got more cute factor I guess :( - and they wouldn't put two singers through in the same heat.

Hope the monkey act is back to its original standard in the final tonight - although Paul Potts is very good too :)

Whilst Connie is v v cute I would prefer for her not to win overall as some of the others are far more talented.....

I will be voting for the Kombat Breakers only because they are from my home city of Coventry and dance at some of my daughters dance shows/festivals....... that said I don't expect them to win.....

I think someone like Paul Potts deserves a break.... but then 'Monkey Boy' was fab in auditions......

Did you know that Tony Laf got through to the X Factor Boot Camp and Sharon let him go.....

Bessie is very good too....... where do some of these kids get their confidence from ????? I'ts outstanding......

Whatever the outcome I think it's been a really entertaining week of telly (for a change) - much better than X Factor and the others.... lots of variety......

How weird was Dr Gore....... bizarre.....:confused:

I have to agree with some earlier posters that I thought the crowd booing the Madonna lady was really cruel.... OK she wasn't the most gorgeous of women and couldn't dance that well but hey the woman showed real guts and all respect to her for dancing on TV in that costume - and I didn't think she looked half bad..... damn sight better than me that's for sure..... I just though they were rude and disrespectful for booing.....:mad:

Well I do not know who I want to win......they are all great in there own way.
But monkey mans first audition had me in stitches.

Im loving this show, i think they are all very brave.Its been a fantastic week full of entertainment.Ill be sad when its done.

I think bessie was great as was the barstewards!!!! Paul Potts is amazing though and will get a mega sympathy vote.

Don't get the Connie thing at all.

Agree - I closed my eyes when she was singing to judge it purely as a singing performance and it was weak & with several missed notes. :eek:

Not the standard the other acts would be at the Variety Performance. I'd rather Paul won it - hope the nasty press coverage won't count against him :sigh:

I hope Connie walks it............. i wish i had half her confidence at my age.

So what if she had a few missed notes..... she's 6 years old and most 6 year old these days couldn't do what she just did.

And from what i can remember the variety show is usually fully of lame comedians and singers that belong on the cabaret circuit........

The last good acts i can remember on there were the Shaolin Monks a few years ago and Hayley Westenra a couple of years ago.

As for Paul Potts yeah, he may be good........ but it seems he's ony good at singing that one song........ at least Connie tried something different in the semi-final.

Back