brown sweetener

juejon

hi i have a recipe for xmas biscuits but i can find brown sweetener anywhere is there any other way of doing it low syns style

Ive never heard of brown sweetener. Why does it need to be brown? Cant you just use normal sweetener? How much do you need? If its not a lot you could just use brown sugar.

Splenda do a brown sweetner that comes in a bag and it has some brown sugar in it plus sweetener and it is just like soft brown sugar :)

Ooh cool. I've just googled about, apparently SilverSpoon do one too.

Cant find either of them in my mega-huge Tesco online tho :confused:

i have looked everywhere and on fb slimming world page somebody said that it is no longer available in uk so i mixed sweetener with a little brown sugar and they are really nice another item to be added to my xmas table and its fab cause my diabetic mum can eat them they are 1 syn each according to recipe but i have counted them as 1.5 because of the brown sugar

The splenda one is not available in the UK any more but I get the Silver Spoon one in Morrisons. But really any sweetener will do for the recipe

PS Splenda brown was not syn free but silver spoon is

The splenda one is not available in the UK any more but I get the Silver Spoon one in Morrisons. But really any sweetener will do for the recipe

PS Splenda brown was not syn free but silver spoon is

oh lovely thanks for that will keep an eye out for that one :D

i have looked everywhere and on fb slimming world page somebody said that it is no longer available in uk so i mixed sweetener with a little brown sugar and they are really nice another item to be added to my xmas table and its fab cause my diabetic mum can eat them they are 1 syn each according to recipe but i have counted them as 1.5 because of the brown sugar

Ooh fab, glad it worked out. :) Any chance of sharing the recipe? Might add it to my SW Xmas-buffet list! :)

Ooh fab, glad it worked out. :) Any chance of sharing the recipe? Might add it to my SW Xmas-buffet list! :)

Ingredients
7oz/198g plain flour
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cinnamon
3 ½ oz/100g low-fat spread suitable for baking such as Flora Light
1 ½ oz/42g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1 medium egg, beaten
2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
1 tsp of pink sprinkles
Send us your tips >
Method
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, spices, low-fat spread and Splenda until well combined and then stir in the beaten egg.
Bring the dough together, wrap in cling film, and refrigerate for half an hour. Remove, divide the dough into two (working in batches is easier), and roll each piece out to 5mm thick.
Cut out using a 2in/5cm star cutter and place onto a non-stickbaking tray lined with parchment. Create a hole in each biscuit big enough to thread a ribbon through later. Bake for 12 minutes and leave to cool on the tray.
To decorate, mix the icing sugar with just enough water to make athin icing and drizzle on each biscuit. Decorate with the sprinkles and leave to set.
Thread coloured ribbon through each biscuit and hang on the tree on Christmas Eve. (They’ll start to soften after a couple of days so don’t forget to tuck in!)
Syn count: 1 syn per biscuit on Extra Easy, Original (red) and Green plans.

Sounds yum!

next time i make them i will try adding some orange and lemon flavouring and will leave off the icing just for a change but they where lush :)

Back