Bulging Bride to Beautiful Bride...

BrittW

Timelord
Taken from my blog; Fortune sides with she who dares...

It's all starting to seem a bit more real now. I'm ACTUALLY getting married, to the man of my dreams! I'm not planning for something that will never happen, I'm not dreaming about what could be, but I, Brittany Jean Gale, am actually getting married! It's all so exciting!

I think what has caused this realisation is a combination of the influx of weddings Gav and I are invited to this summer, mixed in with letters from the Kent Registry Office confirming our wedding date added with now buying the odd wedding magazine means I am a bride-to-be on a mission!

I went and tried on a few wedding dresses last month but the problem was, no matter how lovely everyone said I looked, all I saw staring back at me was a fat girl in fancy dress. I didn't feel like a princess, and I didn't want to cry, well, not for the right reasons anyway. The thought of trying on any other wedding dresses makes my palms sweat.

In 1 year, 5 months and 9 days, I become Mrs Whyatt.
When I walk down that aisle I want people to be talking about me and looking at my dress for all the right reasons!

It's time for action. It's time to move my size 18 lard ass to become the bride I want to be.
So I'm going to this British Military Fitness session tonight, and I'm going to work harder than I ever have. And if I survive the night, I'm going to sign up. I'm going to go three times a week and I am going to reap the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.

Dreams don't come easy. I'm not going to wake up as a size 10. It's going to be hard. I'm going to accept that and move on. I didn't get this size overnight, I'm not going to get rid of it in one day.

My name it Brittany Jean Gale and I am going to be a BEAUTIFUL bride.

Go for it Britt - you have such a great attitude, you will make it happen! If you falter just imagine yourself in one of those wedding dresses and how much you want to be a slim bride. Good luck!

Go you!!!! With that kind of motivation you are sure to be a beautiful bride! Good luck!! :D

Its exciting isn't it i loved dress shopping love the fact it can be taken in by 2 sizes i have 11month to go :) xx

First of all your gorgeous already! This is a heartwarming post and i wish you all the best for your weight loss.

If you want it then really go for it, I half heartedly lost weight for our wedding (nearly 2 stone but I took over a year to do that as really wasn't in the right frame of mind).

However I look back at my wedding photos and I want to cry, I've not admitted this to anyone before, all everyone said is that I was the happiest bride they'd ever seen and all I did was smile all day.. Yes they are right, I did smile all day.. But not now when I look at the video/photos!

I stopped going after our honeymoon as got a new job I needed to train for and put on 1 1/2 stone in about 8 months taking me almost back to my original starting weight.

This time I've got no pressure and I'm doing it for me, have lost nearly 2 stone (hoping to get that tonight) in 20 weeks.

All I'm saying is don't put needless pressure on yourself but equally if you know you won't be happy looking back at the photos then stay as determined as you are, I have faith in you to do it, keep us updated.

P.S. Good luck with the Military Fitness, looks really good, don't think I could do it!

good luck, i lost 3 stone for my wedding and ive struggled to lose weight for years! i went from a size 26 to a size 18. if i can do it anyone can!x

Haha!! Crash away! It's at the Little Silver Country Hotel in Tenterden xo

Back