burgers?

metrognome

is getting better at it
i made the homemade burgers last night and while they were nice they were very dry, how do you make them more moist of did i do something wrong :eek:
thanks

Did you use an egg when preparing them and how did you cook them? I find if they're grilled or cooked in the oven they tend to be very dry so I pop them in the griddle pan with a spray of FryLight.

I add seasoning and finely chopped onion to my mix- and don't overcook them. I fry them (fry light) in a REALLY hot pan for about 2-3 minutes each side so that they go nicely charred on the outside but still stay lovely and moist on the inside- almost meduim rare

xxxx

thanks, i added an egg and onions, but i cooked them in the oven on a rack so maybe it will be the frying pan next time
thanks

The amount of times I eat home-made SW burgers per week is ridiculous! Nobody believes I've lost 3 stone (so far) by eating burger and chips 3 times a week:D

Here is my recipe:
Dry Fry Extra Lean Lamb mince then drain all excess fat.
Season with salt/pepper and lots of dried mint.
Crumble in Extra Lean Beef mince - add garlic and chilli ( I use lazy garlic/chilli)
I then pour over a stupid amount of Bovril - buy the catering size from Costco (much more reasonable)
Then get my hands in and REALLY combine all ingredients
Then make burger shapes round a babybel light cheddar.
Dry fry each side for 1 min then transfer into the oven to cook through...

This dish keeps me on the straight and narrow and makes me forget I'm on a diet!

Hope you enjoy
xx

Back