"But you don't NEED to lose weight.." - For anyone else who gets told this!

Same sizes as me I used to be 10/12 or a M size.. then I crept up to 14/16 although I refused to buy a 16! & yeah the comments usually do come from people who are already at their perfect size!

At the end of the day I suppose some people just worry about what you will look like, maybe they see us as fine as we are now (because like someone mentioned, they err, don't see us naked)! So when we say well, actually I need another 2st off.. it shocks them! I'm just going for it and stopping where I'm happy at! I've also started the 30DS (30 Day Shred) & I am already seeing a HUGE difference in those flabby things and little 'pooch' - the spare tyre under my belly button! On Day 4 so I'm carrying on with it! Good luck to you!! I'm still trying to figure out how to add friends etc on here to keep in touch with people similar to me! x

Ooh I've just done my 4th day of 30 Day Shred too! Not seeing a difference yet but I was already doing quite a lot of exercise before I started - Pilates seems to have done most for me, my core feels so strong! Come and bob into my diary (link below) and we can keep in touch there! :) x

Sometimes I get those days where I look in the mirror now, after losing nearly a STONE & hear that voice saying "yeah but you're still fat" & I take a reality check. I think hang on, get that weight in a bag & carry it around. THAT is how much I have lost & jeez, I should be SO proud. Yeah there's still a way to go, but always look back & look at how far you have come - so to speak! One week, my second week I lost 1/2 a pound. I felt so crappy, then I thought, that at the end of the day, it was still 1/2 a pound in the RIGHT direction. The week after 2 & a 1/2 came off! EVERY TINY bit that comes OFF counts!!

Good Luck!!

This really rings true to me. I am now 12lbs down, and I keep thinking "OH MY GOODNESS, YOU'RE STILL FAT" and its upsetting. BUT, you're right. That is 12 lbs more than I would have lost if I didn't join up (and probably more). I only lost 0.5lbs this week and was gutted, but that is just 2 more until my stone!! Check me out!!!

This really rings true to me. I am now 12lbs down, and I keep thinking "OH MY GOODNESS, YOU'RE STILL FAT" and its upsetting. BUT, you're right. That is 12 lbs more than I would have lost if I didn't join up (and probably more). I only lost 0.5lbs this week and was gutted, but that is just 2 more until my stone!! Check me out!!!

I've got to get 2.5 next week to get my stone. Trying so hard to get it but am out drinking/eating twice this weekend so doubly hard to do

I've got to get 2.5 next week to get my stone. Trying so hard to get it but am out drinking/eating twice this weekend so doubly hard to do

I didn't make it this week, I had 2.5lbs to go but only lost 0.5 - just makes the 2lb targer more reachable! Well done though xx

Ooh I've just done my 4th day of 30 Day Shred too! Not seeing a difference yet but I was already doing quite a lot of exercise before I started - Pilates seems to have done most for me, my core feels so strong! Come and bob into my diary (link below) and we can keep in touch there! :) x

Ugh, I did day 5 today. I still pause for a few seconds on some moves & moan, haha but I keep going! I can see a difference already though in my body & my god, a definite, DEFINITE improvement in my fitness. I remember the first day - the warm up killed me!! Which Pilates do you do..? I had a DVD years ago (MTV pilates or something) but I NEVER got round to doing it, haha. I'll definitely check out your diary! - I'm still waiting to post 50 posts so I can edit my profile etc, sigh! x Thanks for commenting & good luck, keep it up!

Silly isn't it.. how we think like that when really, we should be so proud, because let's face it.. if we hadn't join we'd still be the same now if not bigger! Ugh, I've been there - the 0.5lb loss! It really sucks because everyone claps (in the meeting, ahh well done bla bla) & you just feel like, oh whatever it's only 1/2 a pound!! Remember though, it's half a pound OFF! That's the main thing! The week after my 1/2 lb loss I lost 2 & a 1/2 - so you never know! Fingers crossed for next week, go for it!! Well done!! x

Ohhh good luck! I'm the same, I really want that award! Luckily I don't have the temptation of drinking (I'm not straight edge or anything, I just don't ever hardly drink. Ever)! My OH Colin ad his work do the other night & he went for a meal (he is on SW too) - he managed to keep it healthy, some kind of fish starter and pork - new potatoes (no butter etc) for his meal. It can be done! It annoys me sometimes when I go to the meeting & someone says they are so gutted they've put on 3lbs but then admit they went out and had a burger with chips & a pudding and so on! Surely there are healthier things on the menu, lol - don't be afraid of asking the restaurant as well to make the food how you want. This is the biggest mistake some people do! They are too afraid to ask - Good Luck! xx

Silly isn't it.. how we think like that when really, we should be so proud, because let's face it.. if we hadn't join we'd still be the same now if not bigger! Ugh, I've been there - the 0.5lb loss! It really sucks because everyone claps (in the meeting, ahh well done bla bla) & you just feel like, oh whatever it's only 1/2 a pound!! Remember though, it's half a pound OFF! That's the main thing! The week after my 1/2 lb loss I lost 2 & a 1/2 - so you never know! Fingers crossed for next week, go for it!! Well done!! x

Whenever I feel like that I go to the meat aisle in the local supermarket to have a look how big a pound of meat actually is. Puts it well into perspective. xx

Whenever I feel like that I go to the meat aisle in the local supermarket to have a look how big a pound of meat actually is. Puts it well into perspective. xx

Great idea! Still baffles me. 12lb? From where?

I get it all the time. Last year I lost 1st 3lbs and everyone said how good I looked but now I've put it on people are telling me I don't need to lose weight! Lost 8lbs so far but I feel like it's not much :eek: Idealy I have another 3 stone 6 to lose but when I tell people I get horror reactions that I will look like a skeleton. Funny how no one told me that when I was that weight :p

Exactly, at my meeting tonight, it was my job to weigh everyone & some looked SO gutted when they'd lost a 1lb but I said to them quickly that it's much better off then on then asked them to imagine holding that pound & the actual amount it is! Every small step is a step closer to the goal!

I get it all the time. Last year I lost 1st 3lbs and everyone said how good I looked but now I've put it on people are telling me I don't need to lose weight! Lost 8lbs so far but I feel like it's not much :eek: Idealy I have another 3 stone 6 to lose but when I tell people I get horror reactions that I will look like a skeleton. Funny how no one told me that when I was that weight :p

Yep, exactly, haha. No one ever says when you are AT your goal weight "You're TOO thin, omg" - not even my mum haha who would bloody say it!! x

Hi anella, thanks for this thread! The title is exaclty the problem I have!!!

I started at 14stone 4lb...I'd put on 1 1/2 stone in 18 months!!!

I'm on a mission to get down to 10 1/2 stone first, and then maybe 9 1/2 later if my running and swimming happens to take me there :)

When I told someone I wanted to lose 4/5 stone, yup!!! The 'you'll look awful!!' Comments are in full flow! I don't care though, I know I won't look anorexic or make myself ill...I told them what I wanted to lose, cos I WILL lose it and they will suddenly look at me and realise they were the ones in the wrong :)

Good luck on your journey!

I'm on a mission to get down to 10 1/2 stone first, and then maybe 9 1/2 later if my running and swimming happens to take me there :)

When I told someone I wanted to lose 4/5 stone, yup!!! The 'you'll look awful!!' Comments are in full flow! I don't care though, I know I won't look anorexic or make myself ill...I told them what I wanted to lose, cos I WILL lose it and they will suddenly look at me and realise they were the ones in the wrong :)

I have stopped telling people how much I intent to lose. I just tell them I want to fit back into my size 10 trousers :)

Oh, the amount of people I had chastising me over my target (including some people at group when I first joined!) was hilarious. 12st8 1/2 pounds on a 5"5 frame is what a lot of people have deemed as curvy, and cuddly. But I know better. As people have said, I can see myself naked. I used to feel ill when i rolled onto my side and felt my "pouch" hanging down. Or when I had to do the laundry three or four times a week because I only had three or four things that actually fit me. For the first time in my life, I was embarrassed to get naked in front of my partner! :cry:

But 12 weeks on, and over 20lbs later and people are starting to realise that perhaps I did need to lose it. I still have about 10lbs to go until my target, but I already plan to reset it to 10 stone once I achieve it. People, including my partner, were shocked at the thought of me being that weight, until I pointed out that my sister, who is the same height and build, is just under 10 stone, and by no means "anorexic"!

I celebrate daily about the fact that I will be a slim bride, that I will have a healthy weight when I start to try having kids, that I have that extra support if I put on any weight after having children, and that I will never again know what it feels like to put that dress back on the shelf because my bum makes it too short, and my stomach makes it look like I'm pregnant.

i agree with you 100%!! so refreshing to hear someone say exactly what i think to myself, i thought i was alone in my feeling and like you these comments have caused my diets to go off rails and back to square one as you feel sure your fine from their comments!! my mum has only said to me ladt week, "you dont need to loose anymore now, you will look ill your perfect how you are now" but like you said she doesnt have to live in your head and face your day every day feeling far from perfect!! onwards to my next stone award i say :

Thanks for the reply, glad someone else is on board here!! Haha.. funny isn't it. I actually ad someone the other day telling me, you look FINE now. Nope. I'm not stopping JUST yet!! I took someones advice here - Don't tell people HOW much you want to lose.. just tell them you're trying to fit back into some old pants etc.. My OH Colin also bought me Jillian Michaels' boxset (30 day shred, trouble areas, something else & 6 week 6 pack..) So I'm going to be doing those for a long time! xx Good luck!! xx

I have stopped telling people how much I intent to lose. I just tell them I want to fit back into my size 10 trousers :)

Agreed. Just what I said above!! xx

Or when I had to do the laundry three or four times a week because I only had three or four things that actually fit me. For the first time in my life, I was embarrassed to get naked in front of my partner! :cry:

I celebrate daily about the fact that I will be a slim bride, that I will have a healthy weight when I start to try having kids, that I have that extra support if I put on any weight after having children, and that I will never again know what it feels like to put that dress back on the shelf because my bum makes it too short, and my stomach makes it look like I'm pregnant.

Haha, I've done the laundry thing!! Wearing the SAME clothes EVERY day!!! Urgh.. whilst staring at your size 12 stuff & medium t shirts in the wardrobe, sigh!! Haha.. I'm now back in my size 12's just about (some are a different fit to others)! So I'm getting there! I was also embarrassed of undressing too.. really sucks doesn't it!? I agree with the slim bride thing too, exactly what I think! We'll get there, we'll show em!! x

i agree with you 100%!! so refreshing to hear someone say exactly what i think to myself, i thought i was alone in my feeling and like you these comments have caused my diets to go off rails and back to square one as you feel sure your fine from their comments!! my mum has only said to me ladt week, "you dont need to loose anymore now, you will look ill your perfect how you are now" but like you said she doesnt have to live in your head and face your day every day feeling far from perfect!! onwards to my next stone award i say :

THANKS! I just had enough of the people who say this, whether they are doing SW themselves, or not!!! Thanks for the comment & let's keep this thread open, so if you ever get that pressure from people - the 'you're FIIIIIIINE' kind of pressure, come back here for a whinge haha - Good luck everyone! xx

I did my first 30 Day Shred day today, really excited about doing it :) I'm actually a lot happier this week picking up the cardio I do instead of being so paranoid about what weight loss I will get at my slimming world group. I'm actually at a stage where I'm happier about how I look BUT thinking that working out will do me the world of good rather than just changing eating habits and running 3 x a week.

I'm now gonna take that advice too, next time someone asks me how much I still wanna lose or 'aren't you finished with the diet yet' I'm taking the new approach! I'm not on a diet anyway, this plan is for life. Smart eating choices :) :) how is that a diet

Ooh now THAT'S a good idea..... I think I may pinch that one, thanks :)

Back