butter buds

Emmab77

Hi has any1 ever tried butter buds instead of butter but u can only use them in hot food and they only 5 cals per sachet and does any1 have any new ideas what to use them in ? X

Where are butter buds in a supermarket? I'd never heard of them before SW.

They are only available from Lakeland either in store or online

Butter Buds® - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

They were £3.99 for 40 sachets but I notice they have increased lately.

Use them in jackets, or especially to mash spuds for low-syn buttery goodness:)

I love them as it goes, but others hate them! - I also add to scrambled egg for the buttery taste.

Anyone wanting to try before they buy can so by ordering a small sample on Ebay - just do a search on there.

Half a syn - much better than trying to calculate half a syn's worth of butter lol

Steve

sweets154 said:
Where are butter buds in a supermarket? I'd never heard of them before SW.

Hi I don't think u can buy them at a supermarket I got mine from eBay but there is other online sites that sell them and they come in packs of 40 x

Maximus said:
They are only available from Lakeland either in store or online

Butter Buds® - Lakeland, the home of creative kitchenware

They were £3.99 for 40 sachets but I notice they have increased lately.

Use them in jackets, or especially to mash spuds for low-syn buttery goodness:)

I love them as it goes, but others hate them! - I also add to scrambled egg for the buttery taste.

Anyone wanting to try before they buy can so by ordering a small sample on Ebay - just do a search on there.

Half a syn - much better than trying to calculate half a syn's worth of butter lol

Steve

Hi do u only add 1 to a jacket spud ? X

Excuse my ignorance but what are butter buds?

Hi do u only add 1 to a jacket spud ? X
At half a syn, you can add as many as you want. I also add them to scrambled eggs, cos that's the way I roll;)

As I mentioned, some people can't stand them, they are very, erm, buttery, but that's the idea lol. I have usually got syns to spare and with jackets, or mash, I just add them until I think it's Lurpak!

It works best with wet/moist food as this hydrates the powder.

Hi I tried them today in a jacket potatoe and enjoyed it normally I would use butter so I'm glad I bought them now cos only 5 cals and tasty :) x

Hi I tried them today in a jacket potatoe and enjoyed it normally I would use butter so I'm glad I bought them now cos only 5 cals and tasty :) x
Glad you like them Emma.

As I mentioned, some people hate them, but I find them so buttery, and in my opinion, they have no after taste (apart from butter lol)

Do you think you could put it on freshly popped popcorn? I am a fan of salted butter popcorn yummy yummy

I did buy some of these from ebay tried it in mash last just one sachet and didnt find it strong enough but i suppose im abutter fiend

If they're only 5 calories wouldn't they be 4 sachets = 1 syn or 2 for 0.5 syns?

Rachelsilver1985 said:
Do you think you could put it on freshly popped popcorn? I am a fan of salted butter popcorn yummy yummy

I did buy some of these from ebay tried it in mash last just one sachet and didnt find it strong enough but i suppose im abutter fiend

I put 2 in a big baked spud xx

Back