Butter Nut Squash, Sweet Potato & Chilli Soup

Johnwoz

Hi All

I have been making this soup for last few weeks now for my lunches at work, Being a spice fan I love adding chillis etc. I also vary it by sometimes
adding a good sprinkle of dried Soup and broth mix (most supermarkets do it ).

1 Butter Nut Squash - Pealed and chopped into small chunks
2 Sweet Potatos - Again Pealed and chopped up into chunks
1 Large Onion Pealed Chopped
1 Stick Celery Chopped
1 Green Chilli chopped (Watch you eyes !) either with seeds if brave or without seeds to tone down.
Optional Spinkle any Supermarket Brand Dried Soup Broth Mix (To add pulses etc whcih are super foods and adds a nice thickness )
2 Vegetable stock cubes
3 litres of Water

Lob it all into a nice big pan and bring to boil then simmer covered for a good hour (or slow cooker for say 6 hrs min)

Uncover the pot and "blitz" with a hand blender in the pot itself

Makes a really nice spicy wholesome soup

Ive just stocked up on sweet potatoe and butternut squash... its a sign... :eek:) I am going to try this one over the weekend!

BNS and sweet potato soup is my favourite :D I always add garlic to mine, a tonne of black pepper and a tsp each of paprika and cumin which makes it taste wonderfully smoky :)

This sounds so tasty! I absolutely love butternut squash! I never realised how easy making soup is. Gonna try this soon. Thank you.

I've made a similar soup but i roasted the butternut squash and sweet potato (along with lots of other veg like tomatos, cougettes, peppers, carrots, galric, chillies) then blitz it all up in a food blander the heat up. Its gorgeous!!!

Sounds lovely :)

Mmmm going to make this for lunches next week thanks :)

I made this at the weekend. I couldn't get 3 litres water in my huge pot, but squeezed 2.5 in and guess what - it's too thin :cool:. Very tasty though.

I'd recommend you try 3 pints then you can always add more. :)

Back