Buttercups Cambridge to Atkins journey

Buttercups

Hi all,

New diary for a new way of eating!

I started the Cambridge diet on the 22nd Feb this year and lost 27lbs which I am incredibly happy with however... Personally I feel like I need to start eating again as I don't want my body to become reliant on shakes and a low calorie intake.
I still have around 60lbs to lose and would hope to do that, or certainly most of it by the 10th August which is when I am going on holiday and would like to wear a bikini which will be the first in 4 years.

I know I need to purchase the Atkins book but would like advice on which one to get?! Do I get the older origional one or the new diet, new you? Also, is it worth getting the cook books? Again, if so which ones?

I have been on the official Atkins website and keep the page up on my phone to keep going back to regarding carb content of veg, cheese etc which I will do for now until I get the book.
I have also downloaded the Atkins app and type in what i've eaten which works out the carb count.

I started eating the Atkins way on Saturday so I will put down what I have eaten... Feedback would be hugely appreciated!

Saturday:

B. 2 egg ommelette with 20g cheddar
L. 2 Babybel cheese and half pack of Mattessons chicken bites
D. Lamb chop with spinach and broccoli
3.5 litres water

Sunday:
B. As above
L. Roast beef with spinach, celeriac mash
D. Roast beef with broccoli, brussel sprouts and cauliflower
3.5 litres water

Good luck with the continuing losses! sounds about right to me food wise.
didn't know there was an Atkins app, is that android or iPhone? :)

Hi Buttercups, first of all I read a boom by Gary Taubes about why we are fat and what we can do about it. Not a huge book but very interesting. I havent done Atkins induction but found myself in ketosis after cutting out nearly all carbs when a friend suggested it. So I have moved over to Atkins and I found out I wasnt drinking nearly enough water and that I needed some vitamins so I am very glad to be here.

I have been working on not eating anything with flour or sugar unless it is something like gravy or a sauce which I do have. Although yesterday I went all through the crackers in Waitrose and bought Rude Health oaty thins, they have 4.2g of carb in each and taste OK especially spread with Marmite and cheddar. I have upped my protein and been having plenty of pork scratchings, bacon and mayo as we should be having more fat than protein. I have the Atkins book published in I think 1993, got it off Ebay secondhand. I have also ordered the recipe book that some people have recommended.

I am also going to look into more fat sources as I think I may get fed up with pork scratchings!

If you are in a social situation or it is unavoidable have a sandwich with brown bread, I did and stayed in ketosis. I am trying not to tell too many people about my diet until I have lost more and they notice.

Thank you regarding the advice on the book. Just had a little look on Amazon and Ebay and you can pick them up for a few pounds on there so I shall invest!
I have never actually tried pork scratchings.. they have never looked appealing but there is a first for everything so maybe i'll try it out over Easter since I am not allowed a chocolate egg!

Yesterdays food diary:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs
L: Grilled chicken breast with taco seasoning on a bed of lettuce and a tablespoon of ranch dressing
D: x2 Asda gluten free sausages (Carbs-trace), Rib eye steak, cauliflower cheese, mushrooms and a little bit of cabbage
3.5 litres of water, x1 peppermint tea and x1 green tea

Not a big fan of pork scratching myself, hurt my jaw, lol! Do love salami crisps though. Mmm

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Been a lil busy to come on here for the past few days but having a chill day today which i've been looking forward to!
I have decided to not weigh myself until next Saturday which gives me a fortnight in total for the scales to either STS or lose a little bit but not expecting too much because of the VLCD.
I have 2 Easter eggs looking at me but I shall continue to ignore them until I decide when the time is right to have a "treat" day.

Fridays food intake

B: x1 bag of matterssons chicken bites
L: a few slices of cheddar (Really wasn't hungry)
D: mixed grill - steak, lamb chop, chicken breast, spinach and mushrooms
3 litres of water, 2 herbal teas and a few glasses of wine :(

Saturday

B: x2 Asda gluten free sausages, x2 rashers of bacon, x2 fried eggs and mushrooms
L: Babybel (not hungry)
D: minted lamb chops, smoked salmon, asparagus and cauliflower cheese
3 litres of water and 2 peppermint/green tea

Have a good Easter weekend people! xx

Happy Easter Buttercup, try and keep those eggs out of sight ;) They can be rather tempting, but bye bye ketosis.

Morning Buttercup ... Hope you can keep resisting the eggs... I have to put things like that out of sight! Lol x

How's it going this morning Buttercup?

Hey Buttercups, Thanks for your post on my diary. I'm going to be following you as I am switching to Atkins as soon as I get below the 20 stone mark. You seem to have switched over from CD to Atkins really well & I can't wait to see what your loss is at your first weigh in. I told people not to buy me Easter eggs & thankfully they listened.... However to be honest it isn't the eggs I'm missing this year it's the hot cross buns, but never mind it'll soon be next Easter so maybe I can have one then. ;)
Good luck on your journey. x

Morning/Evening all! Great news.. I resisted the eggs! I put them in a black bag and hid the in the wardrobe in the spare room then put the spare double duvet on it plus some light boxes. I will honestly not be bothered to even attempt to sneak a bite from them now!!

I shall get back into doing some exercise from tomorrow which I have actually missed as not been able to on the VLCD!

How has everyone else's long weekend been?

Sunday:

B: x2 bacon, x2 asda gluten free sausages, mushrooms and x2 fried eggs
L: babybel and small pack of mattessons chicken bites
D: smoked salmon and asparagus followed by a salmon fillet, broccoli and brussel sprouts fried with chorizo
3 litres of water

Monday

B: x2 egg omlette with a little cheddar
L: x1 grilled chicken drumstick skin on with x1 babybel
D: Smoked cod fillet, creamed spinach, broccoli and cauliflower cheese
snack: half an atkins bar
2.5 litres of water

Mamaden you're making amazing progress on your Exante journey so far, you'll be under the 20's in no time the rate you're going! Look forward to sharing low carb tips with you soon!

Sounding good, how did you do your Brussels with choritzo?

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Fionut said:
Sounding good, how did you do your Brussels with choritzo?

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Oooooh I do love the sprouts and chorizo. I heat a little butter or veg oil, cut the sprouts into quarters and season with a little garlic, fry for a few mins then add the chopped chorizo and fry for around 8mins in total but keep stirring as it can burn easily. The chorizo gives the sprouts a yummy glaze. Enjoy!

right, know what I'm cooking tomorrow now! :)

Evening Buttercup... I love sprouts !! Yum fried with coconut oil and garlic with bacon or chorizo! X

Back