ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

hiya im here, just been feeling poorly, it was -100% broxi, in other words im doing **** lol. i went out for a meal yesterday and was up all night with really bad pains didnt know if i wanted to poo or puke.... then had really bad head and sweats. still felt rough today, couldnt have anything to eat. but just had a ryvita with a dairylea, not good but all i had all day. just going to ss or eat light between now and getting back of hols, just gonna go with my body at the mo then will defo ss when i return. xx
hope your all doing ok, will text whilst away if thats ok broxi, just to say hi. xxx

ps well done on the 1lb down. youll get there. slowly (maybe) but surely xxx

Well done Broxi on th 1lb done and even better that it hasn't felt like a diet. I still have 69lbs to go but I am hoping by January it will be achieved.

Thanks Claira for your Picture comments. Hope you have a lovely holiday, enjoy it and ss when you come back. Have a great time xx

Have a great time Claira, and just enjoy your holiday. You will lose weight when you come back. And I hope you feel better soon. Would love to hear from you.

Are we all still on for Jan/Feb weekend. I can only get Sat & Sun off unless one weekend in Feb when Scottish schools are on hol.

Zoe, that's not long to go. It will be hard to cd about christmas time though! I know someone who had shake for Christmas dinner but I could never do that!

Yes i'm happy so long as I lose. I'm just terrified of these sts weeks which always happen to me, so any loss is a good loss. To be honest I don't feel too bad anymore. I have 2 stone til I'm slim and 3 till I'm fatless and I know that's quite a way away but I feel comfortable now and every pound is heading in the right direction. When I started CD, although not huge, I had a lot of fat for my height - I had a huge spare tyre over my jeans and made me breathless and awkward. I always felt stuffed and heavy and I was wearing ugly clothes. Now I wear nice trendy clothes and I look years younger I think.

I'm going to be really controversial here but I'm 47 on Tuesday and in my fifties (yuck!) I might look better being a stone overweight rather than at goal as curves are nice and attractive and youthful. What does anyone think?

Broxi I think your right there. I always think curves give a more youthful appearance rather than skin and bones. Being very overweight ages though I think as I look back on picture at my biggest and I think I look older compared to my current one. You wil get there Broxi. To stick at any diet for this long shows determination.

Xmas week I am going to 810 it. I can honestly say I don't want any of the usual food that I would have eaten last year eg the pigs in blankets, chocs etc. To be honest the thought of eating food like that again makes me shudder. I know that sounds like I have a problem but I always remeber in the past when I had let myself come off a diet for a treat that would be it and the diet would finish and I don't want to do that with cd. I think that's why I have been so focused as I just want to get to goal with no breaks and the first proper food I eat I don't want to be crap, I want it to be something from the cambridge steps. I really never ever want to return to my old ways -NEVER lol.

Zoe what is pigs in blankets? Don't think they have them in Scotland! lol! No I agree with you. I don't think you should come off CD at all until you get to goal. I was doing ok and then went on holiday, watched my eating but was completely unable to do CD again - I honestly just couldn't - I either couldn't get back on and stick to it or the week I did, I couldn't cope with it emotionally. So while your doing well, go for it. I'd even suggest you SS over Xmas if possible - it was the eating again that caused me the probs.
Having said that I've kept my weight off, Ive also lost another 2lb this morning and I'm feeling great. This diet chef is like cd in a way because it takes the choice out of it - ie you can't stretch the diet, you either stick to it, eat what you get for the day or you don't - like CD. I'm usually good at sticking to diets but they usually stop working for me but maybe I push the boundaries on the free foods but that can't happen with this.
You look great on you pics and you do look years younger as I do but I mean the difference at the final stone can maybe make people oveer 50 look haggard. Anyway, I'll just go for 2 stone now, instead of 3.

About the re-introduction of food, I know there's the correct way and all that but I really think I would need counselling or something to learn how to eat properly although I've obviously been doing it over summer - but if I'm not dieting, I'm gaining and that's got to stop for life!

Hi all, weighed in this morning and have lost 7lbs since Wednesday.

1 more lb and in the next stone down.

Jane xx:wave_cry:

Well done Jane, that is a great loss xx.

Broxi, pigs in blankets are cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon. On Xmas eve my Mum always used to cook them (still does)and sausage rolls so as soon as I got my own place with Hubby the tradition has carried on. I will stil do it for them this year but I won't be going anywhere near them lol. You get them in carvery's as well, you must have had one.

We went for a lovely bike ride today for 3 hours and I really enjoyed it. My bum is killing me now lol and I have felt very dizzy since I got back but better since having my ss+ meal.

How is every one doing today? Still quiet on here.

hi girls just a quick note b4 i go away. broxi i changed my goal again to 2 st to loose, im going for 10st then see once im there. i think go for 2 st then look at yourself. i think anything between bmi 22-25 is good. xxx
jane well done you xxx
zoe good luck this week will catch up with your losses when i get back xxx
all you other butterflies i will speak to you all next week. have a good one xxx

Hi girls! I have been away to Stockholm this weekend, for my little sisters 30th birthday-surprise-party! She didn't know I was coming, and it was so much fun.

Contrary, I am sorry you are having a rough time at work. It is better now?

Louie Lou, great pictures! It sure looks like a great vacation!

Claira, have a great time on your vacation!

Zoe, the difference in your before photo and now is amazing, great idea for your CDC to take that picture! You look fab!!!!

Broxi, I am glad for you that you lost some weight on your new diet. How is the diet by the way?

I am still afraid of stepping on the scale... I didn't do good choices this weekend.

Bethan, where are you? I miss you!!!

About the February meeting, I wrote down the dates everyone could, I will post again tomorrow when I find that list. Have a great evening!

Thanks Asa, I'm pleased you had a great time. Don't worry too much about the scales, whatever has happened you will lose it again in no time.

Claira, have a great holiday. Speak soon xx.

My weigh in tomorrow morning and I really don't feel like I have lost this week and I havn't done anything different, will just have to wait and see I suppose.

Night Night Girls.

Thanks Zoe! I know it will come off soon, I just have to start :D. Now I have a bad cold, and I don't feel like doing much, including going to work which I am soon late for :D, better get going!

I lost 6lb at weigh in today :bliss:
I am so chuffed, I havn't done anything different this week except for the dry bodybrushing and bike ride yesterday. I was hoping I was going to be in for big week soon :D

I only needed 3lb this week to hit my 6 stone loss so this has given me 6st 3lb loss. Sorry to blow my own trumpet but I am so happy I could cry :eek:.

Wow Zoe you are totally amazing. What a loss! I'm buying a body brush today! lol!
Zoe, out of everyone you have stuck to the diet properly and without exception but I just wondering, has it never affected your mood badly. I honestly felt like I was going off my head on it. Maybe I'm just mentally unstable but I'm usually happy. I'd love to do what you have done but even with the willpower intact, it didn't agree with my head. Have you had no bad experiences like that?

Anyway, 6lb is a miracle this far on. I'm so very proud of you. I hope you're going to be cdc.

update that signature!

Hi Broxi, Thanks hun. When I started cd I felt very low because I realised what I had done to myself and felt very dpressed that it had come to having to do something so drastic. I was very miserable, especially at the weekends and really felt as though I was missing out. My mood changed once my dress sizes started to fall, body shaped changed and I felt helathier and then I got such a buzz that this feeling overtook the miserable feeling and I realised that it was food that had made me down not the not eating food that had made me down. Does that make sense?

I havn't felt this happy and healthy since I was 21 and no amount of food no matter how nice could ever tempt me to let go of this feeling. You are not unstable lol I know exactcly how you are feeling and it is not easy to turn it around. I wish you all the luck Broxi, you really do deserve it xx

Last edited:
Updated it lol xx

Hi Zoe, maybe I should have persevered. If I had I would be at target now easily. But every day felt worse and worse until I just couldn't stand it but you have described how I felt there and I was convinced cd was doing something to my body chemistry to give me depression. I would never have said it was that I just liked eating but you did describe what happened to me. Maybe after Christmas I'll give it another go to shift the surplus that's left. I'm going to stick with this Diet Chef for now as really enjoying it but only time will tell its success.

That's the main thing Broxi, that you are enjoying what you are doing and if you lose with it then bonus xx

Broxi a friend of mine did diet chef and lost 8 stone in 9 months which is on a parr with CD, i bet there will be nothing left of you to lose by christmas. lol

You'll be eating extra turkey so you don't vanish.

Zoe, you rock girl !!!!!!!

xxxx

Back